• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Tips for growing a money tree!

Skin10

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I labeled the topic wrong, I'm actually asking tips on growing a money tree. I drool all day over chemicals for my research lab. Also over supplements, also over equipment for my truck, also over new houses, also over new side by sides... And all my fiancé is worried about is our wedding in April, THATS IN APRIL!!

We both have very good paying jobs, yet still can't seem to get things under control.

The price of milk is up, chicken is up, gas is up. Everything else is up, both those are the 3 main things I use and it's all up.

How do you guys save an extra penny or two for things? Where do you shop for groceries, or where do you shop for your cheapest/best supplements and research equipment?

What's some of your "money tree" tips.

I look for good sales;

AMA is offering a BULK discount on any order of 100 ml or more. 15% off for any ten 10ml vials or any four 25 ml vials.

AMA already has VERY reasonable prices so this added discount is very generous of AMA. This discount is available to ANY member of ASF or IMF.

Just mention the discount code SHIC when placing your qualifying order to receive an additional 15% off!

Don't know what SHIC means? Read about it here ---> Super-High-Intensity-Cycles

Offer is for a LIMITED time only so hurry!

ama468.gif

if you both have very good paying jobs and your still falling short or not where you wanna be then you need to look at your spending habits and make adjustments, stop living beyond your means, i think at one time or the other we have all been there.

We shop for food at Costco and although you're buying in bulk and actually purchase more, in the end the per pound price is less, plus the always have the lowest gas prices.

I love the price per ounce/lb they have on most grocery store price tags. Sometimes the bulk pack or generic isn't always the cheapest and that saves me the trouble of doing the math.

I cook 90% of my meals from scratch. Very little eating out and almost no pre-prepared/packaged foods.

We shop for food at Costco and although you're buying in bulk and actually purchase more, in the end the per pound price is less, plus the always have the lowest gas prices.

Gotta be careful with costco. Some of their stuff, like chikn, isn't all that cheap. Can get boneless skinless chicken breasts for $2 on sale at store, but costco is $3.50

I start putting up a dollar for the week number of the year, for example week 1 of 2014 i put up $1 week 2 = $2, week 3 = $3..... week 52 = $52. you get the idea I think it comes out to like a bit over $1300 for the year. Been doing it for 3 years this is year #4 and my savings has grown so much since I started this.

I start putting up a dollar for the week number of the year, for example week 1 of 2014 i put up $1 week 2 = $2, week 3 = $3..... week 52 = $52. you get the idea I think it comes out to like a bit over $1300 for the year. Been doing it for 3 years this is year #4 and my savings has grown so much since I started this.
Should be $1454. I like that idea except for the end of the year when it's Christmas time is when you have to save the highest amount of money. Maybe I'll do it in reverse. Week 1 is 54$ week 2 is $53

www.levram.us

I never thought about doing it backwards but that is a great idea. I usually start a Christmas club acct at the credit union I bank with every January and they auto draft $100 every paycheck into that acct and I can't touch it until late Oct.

I never thought about doing it backwards but that is a great idea. I usually start a Christmas club acct at the credit union I bank with every January and they auto draft $100 every paycheck into that acct and I can't touch it until late Oct.
Jeez you spend that much money on Christmas?

IML Gear Cream!
I am a bargain shopper on cloths grocery's you name it. put all my change away till the end of the yr and usually have around 1000$ each year in change alone. like some of the other guys I put 50$ a pay check away for a rainy day.

Yeah I'm not like that at all. No bargain shopping for me. New truck, trips overseas just for shits and giggles, shirts or food I want I buy. But maybe I should try it out. Doubt I will right now.

Yeah I'm not like that at all. No bargain shopping for me. New truck, trips overseas just for shits and giggles, shirts or food I want I buy. But maybe I should try it out. Doubt I will right now.
I was like that until getting surprise fired and having to beg for my share of my grandmother's life insurance money early (estate wasn't settled yet) so I could make rent. Now, no cable, no home phone, company cell, only spend $$ on basics (gear is basics), broads, and gym

^gear is always in the necessity column^ I like the idea of saving a dollar for every week, I'm going to try that this year. I get my protein from TrueNutrition. It is very in dept and 100% customizable. . I get the cold-filtration milk isolate. Its the cheapest I found for that quality

You will find that most things you want- you simply dont need.Gear -supps and food is a different story.Buy the best you can get at a fair price. Don't look for the cheapest - or that is excatly what you will get -CHEAP. Seek QUALITY at a FAIR PRICE.
You should be saving each and every month until you retire. At that time should be SPENDING and having the time of your life !! Best of Luck-OD

Well do you have friends that juice? Up charge them and have yours paid for since you are taking the risks. Fair trade.

As for fiances since your about to be married you better work this out with your wifey or end up aguring over money which is the cause of most divorces. Good luck :)

Well do you have friends that juice? Up charge them and have yours paid for since you are taking the risks. Fair trade.

As for fiances since your about to be married you better work this out with your wifey or end up aguring over money which is the cause of most divorces. Good luck :)

Lol well we don't argue about money, we have separate accounts and equal amount of money made in a week, unless one works overtime.

And I have never ordered chemicals for my lab rat, ever. Only from those guys who are making the money and taking the risk lol.

Document ALL of the money you spend for two months. You will find where it's going. After that write out a budget and stick to it.

It sucks at first because of the "impulse" buys you can't make but at the end, you have much more money to play with on bigger things.

Document ALL of the money you spend for two months. You will find where it's going. After that write out a budget and stick to it.

It sucks at first because of the "impulse" buys you can't make but at the end, you have much more money to play with on bigger things.
This. And make sure to pay yourself your retirement $ FIRST. Then rent, bills, then gear, then misc stuff.

Holy crap I better get my finances under control. Okay say you figure out what you spend for 2 months. Then you set up a budget plan. How do you know how much money you should spend on items? Like food? Gears? Misc? You just cut it all in half because you assume your spending too much?

Get Shredded!
^^^^ tracking your spending is more for wasteful spending. You will always need groceries, a roof over your head, etc...

Thanks for the tips. I'll now think more about saving...., but will fail miserably.

Last edited:
if you both have very good paying jobs and your still falling short or not where you wanna be then you need to look at your spending habits and make adjustments, stop living beyond your means, i think at one time or the other we have all been there.

This here... my wife and I live very modest.. We buy what we need with the occasional exception of a good sale on something.. Nights our are a TREAT..We conserve on the utilities, lights out when not in the room, and the same applies for the kids..No food is wasted and I will eat brown bag the next day with left overs (if she cooked a solid one the night prior)..

Its east to get caught up in the way of life these days and compare to the Smiths or Johnson's down the street..Live to be happy, but know the difference between supplementing,needing,fulfilling and necessities...

Take care of what you have and dont abuse what you own..

This... we shop at bulk stores for many of our household items,even if we dont need it, but the price is right we will stock up on it e.g. paper towels soaps or such.. the wife will vac sealed items and it truly helps...even pre meals..

I love the price per ounce/lb they have on most grocery store price tags. Sometimes the bulk pack or generic isn't always the cheapest and that saves me the trouble of doing the math.

I cook 90% of my meals from scratch. Very little eating out and almost no pre-prepared/packaged foods.

right here, we do all home cooking, ordering take home is rare even stopping off (besides for coffee and such).. such a huge saver with funds...

To the OP, once you find ways to save you get hooks and very anal but its a good thing...When you see the funds growing you want to save more and more..But do spend it frivolous once you get a chunk..Because once its gone you will feel depressed and let down..

make legitimate goals and complete them entirely..

when it comes to buying gear and what not, truly think about what your trying to achieve and recognize if your being true or over doing something and spending what you dont need, would adding this or that compound really make the differ?

I am getting back on my feet. got into some trouble was gone for a while. I have one kid and my chic has 2 so I have to bust my ass just to get by. no regrets through made me stronger man

I brew all my own gear from raws so it does save loads of cash. For diet i eat about 500g of lean minced turkey and 600g plus of chicken breasts a day all again really cheap. Milks another cheap protein source that i drink only £1 for 4 pints!

I train at home as i built a home gym so i dont have to pay gym memberships it was a big initial startup cost but the overall long term savings make it worth while and the freedom of training what you want anytime you want is worth it.

Back