• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

GVT Question

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I'm using GVT for chest workouts for 6 weeks. My question is about weight. Should I be failing before 10 around set 7 or should I be using a weight I can hit all the reps. I train alone so taking things all the way to failure isn't a safe option. Just not 100%on where I should be weight wise.

I use weight that feels too light on sets 1-5. Starts to feel heavy on 6-7, then barely grinding out 10 on the last 3 sets.

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone who hasn't done GVT. Finding a good weight took me almost a month, then the increases are tiny.

Totally get it. I dropped the weight after 5 and then my last two sets I hit ten but I added 30 seconds to the rests on 9 and 10.

I guess i'll split the difference in weight next week and see how that goes

I've always done it with a part but I set my weight so 1-5 were somewhat light ( could squeeze out 2-3 more), 6-7 were basically failure and then had a spot on the last three sets to finish the reps. It just takes some time to really get your weights down like warrior said.

Back