• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

you know anyone ..family, acquaintance whatever...

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
That their very existence is so superfluous that if they dropped dead you couldn't be bothered to even say to someone

"sorry for your loss"

and you're not totally sure anyone is looking for that anyway because NO ONE could stand them either but its like the elephant in the room..you have to have a fucking funeral kind of a thing...

Yes, I think every family has one of those members.

Uhh im guessing this just happened to you?

get dat pump!

That their very existence is so superfluous that if they dropped dead you couldn't be bothered to even say to someone

"sorry for your loss"

and you're not totally sure anyone is looking for that anyway because NO ONE could stand them either but its like the elephant in the room..you have to have a fucking funeral kind of a thing...
This is most of the world for me.

There are about 20 people that mean enough that their death would significantly impact me. That may be a high number actually. It's not that I don't like people, it's just my whole family has been dying off since I was little (my parents were older when they had me), I lost most of my childhood friends to death, prison, or addiction when I got sober, and then I had to walk away from everything when I got divorced. I just don't let people close enough that their disappearing is going to shake things up for me. I guess I'm broken in that way.

There are about 20 people that mean enough that their death would significantly impact me. That may be a high number actually. It's not that I don't like people, it's just my whole family has been dying off since I was little (my parents were older when they had me), I lost most of my childhood friends to death, prison, or addiction when I got sober, and then I had to walk away from everything when I got divorced. I just don't let people close enough that their disappearing is going to shake things up for me. I guess I'm broken in that way.
This all seems rather normal if you ask me...

Well, ask but feeling like you're broken because of it

Idk how but I always relate to your posts.. All my friends ended the same way.. And my divorce changed everything... I really only focus on immediate family... Now being sober it's hard to connect.. I don't think I could count 20 tho.

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

I can't count twenty.

It hasn't happened yet to me..The person I have in mind..but it's imminent

IML Gear Cream!
And i'll just spill..3 of my grandparents are dead..all of the ones I loved of course and now here my grandfather..approaching 90. He's a nasty human being..always has been. He just fucking mean to the world.
And my mom isn't too upset that he's finally looking like he's on his way out because she's been afraid of him her whole life..but at the same time she's sad and worried. She also lives out of state is the executor in his will and has asked me to handle a lot (all) of it when the time comes. Frankly the only thing that goes through my head is..I wonder if I can ask for the boat and the motorcycle collection- normally I would feel some sadness at a life lost. I just dont. Nor do I forsee that happening.

And i'll just spill..3 of my grandparents are dead..all of the ones I loved of course and now here my grandfather..approaching 90. He's a nasty human being..always has been. He just fucking mean to the world.
And my mom isn't too upset that he's finally looking like he's on his way out because she's been afraid of him her whole life..but at the same time she's sad and worried. She also lives out of state is the executor in his will and has asked me to handle a lot (all) of it when the time comes. Frankly the only thing that goes through my head is..I wonder if I can ask for the boat and the motorcycle collection- normally I would feel some sadness at a life lost. I just dont. Nor do I forsee that happening.
If your mom (or you) is acting as executrix, there has to be a will, right? If not, congrats on the new stuff

Lol...my mom's executix. Small trusts are set aside for my aunt and uncle. My mother is responsible for the rest of it.
No one will want to sell the boat..it's a super old Boston whaler that all of us have memories on.
Who knows about the rest.

When people die and there is monetary value of things that are left, the wolves come out, be careful as true colors will show.

For me it's my father. He's close (has to be) to kicking it. I won't bat an eye. He was in the hospital recently according to my sister and she called to tell me it looked bad. I asked her if she needed gas money and to have a safe trip. That is all. Means nothing to me, been dead to me for 20+ years and my kids have never met him.

I can probably think of 1 or 2 others if I had to. I do pity funerals. If someone wasn't close I don't go. I do go to a lot of viewings in respect to my friends when they lose someone though. I'm not a complete asshole.

It wouldn't bother me if those pricks that were shooting at me when I was deployed died a little faster than they did :coffee:

I just lost the opposite. My grandmother was 84 and meant the world to me. Two weeks before she died I was dancing with her at a family wedding. I was crushed when the turned ill and passed.

Can't say there's anyone I despise, but there's definitely some that will be like... eh

When people die and there is monetary value of things that are left, the wolves come out, be careful as true colors will show.

For me it's my father. He's close (has to be) to kicking it. I won't bat an eye. He was in the hospital recently according to my sister and she called to tell me it looked bad. I asked her if she needed gas money and to have a safe trip. That is all. Means nothing to me, been dead to me for 20+ years and my kids have never met him.

I can probably think of 1 or 2 others if I had to. I do pity funerals. If someone wasn't close I don't go. I do go to a lot of viewings in respect to my friends when they lose someone though. I'm not a complete asshole.

oh man..youve got no idea..when my great grandmother died her husband (step-great grandfather?) was at her funeral..her kids all my great aunts and uncles went and cleaned out the house , my grandmother had already passed away by this point so she wasn't involved at all

my mother brought him home from the funeral.. he just came in to the house ..saw that he had essentially been robbed and sat down and sobbed some more.
They had been married for over 30 yrs so its not like he just moved in or something
I was maybe 14? somehow I got tasked with changing all the locks on the doors

anyway..I have two rings from that whole fiasco because they had my mother and I go through their "spoils" that included her jewelery box. I took her original engagement ring from her first husband and a huge art deco aquamarine ring that I had seen her wear, and her "mothers" ring with all her children's birthstones my mom grabbed a gold bead necklace and something else..and we brought them back to my great grand father...
he had us keep them

people are so shitty

its funny though..my step father passed away two years ago now and my mother and I packed a bunch of his stuff for his sons
there was zero argument

I just lost the opposite. My grandmother was 84 and meant the world to me. Two weeks before she died I was dancing with her at a family wedding. I was crushed when the turned ill and passed.

Can't say there's anyone I despise, but there's definitely some that will be like... eh

yeah I was crushed when all of my other grandparents died and when my two closest cousins passed away

three. I couldn't imagine 20 people having an impact on me even in life. Uh, yes, that includes those that share dna sequences with me; family my ass.

Get Shredded!
I say play the role of a grieving grandkid. Why give anyone in the family ammunition against you. Cause that's the type of shit that all you need is one aunt to repeat "sheri was a bitch and gramps funeral" over and over until other people start believing it.

I can't count twenty.

It hasn't happened yet to me..The person I have in mind..but it's imminent

Mom, sister, ex wife, daughter's mom, 3 kids, 5 nieces and nephews, sister, and my girlfriend and her 2 kids. Some would be personally hard. Some would be hard because of the impact they would have on the people I love. 19. Everyone else I would just have to play the part.

"sorry for your loss"

No, can't say that there is anyone in my family or any friend that I can say that about. Death of any of my family members would be absolutely devastating. Guess I'm just lucky that way. I lost my dad 2 years ago and I still am having trouble with it at times. Especially last night. Weird that you should post this today..... :(

sorry :(

I don't generally feel this way ..I always kind of feel bad when people die even if I dont know them at all unless they're are truly terrible people

- - - Updated - - -

I say play the role of a grieving grandkid. Why give anyone in the family ammunition against you. Cause that's the type of shit that all you need is one aunt to repeat "sheri was a bitch and gramps funeral" over and over until other people start believing it.

oh I'll behave..you know where I live, manners are the highest priority
but they will definitely be stone faced manners

Very sad. Quite pathetic. Sorry your Dad was not there for you...

Several relatives like that. But then I'm not a family-oriented person beyond immediate household.

Very sad. Quite pathetic. Sorry your Dad was not there for you...

It is what it is brother. Can't let shit get to you or else you want to be miserable. He was a complete asshat to me, beat me blamed me for everything growing up...folks divorced when I was 14. By 18 I was done w/ his shit.

Back