• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Can I run t3 for longer than 8 weeks? And what dosage?

Exxy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, down deep in my diet, 1500 calories/day - my maintenance is around 2050, dont argue with me on this i know it from experience (I gain weight on 2400) -.

Hemostasis: On about 20% bf is where my body likes to be

Weight: 175 lbs, 15-16% bf

Height, 5.7

Extremely slow metabolism, endomorph, even at this low kcal and with 90 minutes cardio/week I barely drop any weight/week. I also try to walk anywhere i can instead of taking the car, and have another 30 min of cardio/day outside of the gym.

Now I need some advice on t3, how long I can run it and at what dosages.
I know most of you are gonna say 50-75. But i've run it on 100 mcg and it barely had an impact on me before :/

Recomp means everything to me right now, and so is this goal of shredding, however i'd like to keep muscle mass.

So my question is how much t3 can I run on my
1500 kcal (180g protein /day)
and 250 mg -PHARMAGRADE!!- test E, every 5d
without losing all too much (noticeable) muscle mass, I plan on going on a lean bulk once I reach 8% for 20 weeks, blasting eq/test.

I train hard and have a high protein intake so most of my intake should, theoretically, go to my muscles ;)
I would like to run the t3 for 18 weeks, so I can use it with clen 6 weeks, then 6 weeks later for another 6 weeks and by then finally be down to 8 % bf hopefully and done with this cut :D

inb4 people think they know me and tell me I don't diet or cardio hard enough ;)
I think I might just have the worst genetics for fat burning ever :p

thanks for the read!

Last edited:
I'm not going to say you don't diet hard enough or cardio enough but have you ever worked with a professional coach?

I was a pretty firm believer extreme cal cutting and hardcore cardio was what I needed ..and Im hypothyroid ..like surgery/hot scar on my neck and all
and went through several different peeps before I found macros magic

long term high dose thyroid meds when it actually isn't needed does a number on your body in other ways.. I would caution against it and I'm pretty flippant with thyroid meds

To add to the above you may consider adding LBM as one of your primary goals. The more muscle you hold the easier it is to expend fat mass. No offense but you sound skinny fat. I would focus on adding muscle brother.

To add to the above you may consider adding LBM as one of your primary goals. The more muscle you hold the easier it is to expend fat mass. No offense but you sound skinny fat. I would focus on adding muscle brother.

20 pounds of muscle increases your caloric by roughly 100 calories

I'm not going to say you don't diet hard enough or cardio enough but have you ever worked with a professional coach?

I was a pretty firm believer extreme cal cutting and hardcore cardio was what I needed ..and Im hypothyroid ..like surgery/hot scar on my neck and all

long term high dose thyroid meds when it actually isn't needed does a number on your body in other ways.. I would caution against it and I'm pretty flippant with thyroid meds

I too am hypothyroid. T3 alone is an awful idea. Maybe you should get some blood work done and see if you are even mildly on the hypo side. If you feel the overwhelming urge to mess with your thyroid there are better options than T3 alone. Have you researched how the chain of events work in the human thyroid? Do you know that T3 is only part of it. T3 alone never yields the results that people think it will. It was passed down from professional BBr's who literally need the slightest extra boost to lose those last couple pounds because the rest of the pharmacy and diet and cardio isnt working. Then the average schmoe decided it would be good for them too. Its bullshit. Way better options to burn way more fat.
You were raving bout your diet....do you have enough and the right kinds of fats in it? You do cardio....so....what kind? There is a combination of things that when done right will burn fat faster than any thyroid meds.
Do you know what pooling T3 means? Do you know what the side effects are of this condition? Without blood work you cant know how much room you have for T3 supplementation without causing issues. Your body can only use so much. After you go over that it collects in the blood and sits there. Very bad condition and there is no fix for it other than time.

Hm good advice, no unfortunately I cannot fund a personal coach and the trouble of finding one that's really good would screw me over aswell.
But I am trying to find my focus macros.. Perhaps a ketogenic diet is what I need.

20 pounds of muscle increases your caloric by roughly 100 calories
I think you are confusing LBM with muscle mass and also not taking into account the added expenditure when active.

Hm good advice, no unfortunately I cannot fund a personal coach and the trouble of finding one that's really good would screw me over aswell.
But I am trying to find my focus macros.. Perhaps a ketogenic diet is what I need.
I'll save you some trouble as far as coaching goes.
You can ask s2h what he thinks..
Or you can pay for a one time diet with shelby starnes (google)

I fiddle with thyroid meds a lot because I have thyroid disease ..I'm not adverse to it but with your stats I have to agree with heavy.
Lots of muscle mass in men usually makes it a LOT easier to burn fat.

I'll save you some trouble as far as coaching goes.
You can ask s2h what he thinks..
Or you can pay for a one time diet with shelby starnes (google)

I fiddle with thyroid meds a lot because I have thyroid disease ..I'm not adverse to it but with your stats I have to agree with heavy.
Lots of muscle mass in men usually makes it a LOT easier to burn fat

I do bloods to dial my meds in. I had enough room on my bloods a few weeks ago that I went up to 3.5 grains a day(for those that dont know...thats a very stout dose of dessicated thyroid meds). I'm pretty close to maxed out as far as how much T3 I am putting in and how much my body can use and guess what....I am not dropping any bodyfat. My diet was done by s2h and is completely clean.

I do bloods to dial my meds in. I had enough room on my bloods a few weeks ago that I went up to 3.5 grains a day(for those that dont know...thats a very stout dose of dessicated thyroid meds). I'm pretty close to maxed out as far as how much T3 I am putting in and how much my body can use and guess what....I am not dropping any bodyfat. My diet was done by s2h and is completely clean.
Probably needs a little tweaking then..

I have to agree with HeavyIron and focus on getting LBM on. Running T3 for that long and clen for 12 weeks is just a really bad idea for your health. Clen is bad for your heart on top of not utilizing T3 correctly can cause some pretty nasty damage to your system. I promote cardio via swimming or bicycle (not indoor trainer) and these two activities alone will help build fine muscle fiber while intervals will promote strength and fat loss. If you do not have a road bike I would consider picking one up from craigslist for cheap. Adjust the seat and go out and spin hard and light and watch the pounds drip away. Jogging every day for as much as you can is not a bad idea. Also consider you calories and the amount of cardio - you want to use T3 for helping your metabolism but if you are stalling on the amount of calories you are getting that can play a factor in fat loss too. Peptides are not a bad route to go and wayyyy safer than T3 and Clen.

Alright thanks everyone, i'm pretty sure i'm a hyperthyroid aswell so i'm gonna go to a doctor to confirm, and will the prescribed meds by the doctor help any at all with fat loss?

ok..HYPOthyroidism causes in no particular order, severe water retention(the heart failure kind), loss of hair, dry scaley skin, constipation, sudden weight gain,
depressed heart rate (brachycardia), lowered blood pressure and cold extremities, brain fog, memory loss, extreme fatigue- think sleeping for 14 hrs and still being tired, depression (I wonder why), loss of the outer third of the eyebrows

when I was first put on thyroid meds after thyroid cancer I lost 8 lbs...thats it..no more ..a friend who had severe icu type water retention lost about 15 lbs ..of edema

Probably needs a little tweaking then..

No, what I was getting at was that even at optimal levels or a little over , T meds dont make you lose fat "just because".

Is Shelby...the mountain dog workout /diet..??

IDK but that guy just opened his site for 10$ a month you can read all his articles on training and diet...

have a friend who is amateur in a few shows...says it's an amazing deal for the info you get...might be member here under muscle addict???

my 2 cents

Everybody's using S2H.
He actually got me off of 2 years of T3

My girl cuts on 1500 calories.. I can't think of any male that needs to eat 1500 to lose weight. You're easily at the point where you can lose fat and gain some mass.

Get Shredded!
My girl cuts on 1500 calories.. I can't think of any male that needs to eat 1500 to lose weight. You're easily at the point where you can lose fat and gain some mass.

Most women don't even need to go that low for any extended period of time.

OP probably sucks at tracking calories (are you using a digital scale to weigh everything?) therefore he's eating more than he thinks he is.

Bro I got to say I have heard this almost word for word before. Come to find out every time the guys were eating the wrong shit. Yeah cals were on target.but eating protein bars like.mad men. Those are just fancy labeled candy bars. Running their fat asses off on the treadmill. Again wrong for fat loss. You want full incline at 3.6-3.9 or stair stepper. But you Need to hit the weights hard and gain muscle mass. From the sounds of it your upside down on muscle to fat ratio. And that.makes it harder to shed fat. You have developed Your metabolism to store fat once you get it going the other direction it will use the fat as fuel for your workout and to help build muscle. Stay away from gear until you get your bf down. Higher BF equals higher potential for sides. I understand you think you know your body and how it works but it's the same shit people always say but then when they get dialed in on diet and workout life gets better.

Recomp means everything to me right now, and so is this goal of shredding, however i'd like to keep muscle mass.

Then T3 isn't a wise addition to your regimen, IMO.

Bro I got to say I have heard this almost word for word before. Come to find out every time the guys were eating the wrong shit. Yeah cals were on target.but eating protein bars like.mad men. Those are just fancy labeled candy bars. Running their fat asses off on the treadmill. Again wrong for fat loss. You want full incline at 3.6-3.9 or stair stepper. But you Need to hit the weights hard and gain muscle mass. From the sounds of it your upside down on muscle to fat ratio. And that.makes it harder to shed fat. You have developed Your metabolism to store fat once you get it going the other direction it will use the fat as fuel for your workout and to help build muscle. Stay away from gear until you get your bf down. Higher BF equals higher potential for sides. I understand you think you know your body and how it works but it's the same shit people always say but then when they get dialed in on diet and workout life gets better.

man I dont think I could repeat the thing about protein bars enough....theyre really just repackaged rebranded candy bars

if it comes down to me looking at protein bars I just buy a fricken candy bar because that's what I really want anyway

I would suggest slowly reverse dieting to a higher caloric maintenance and restarting your cut from there.

Reference 'layne norton reverse diet' on youtube for more info.

I would suggest slowly reverse dieting to a higher caloric maintenance and restarting your cut from there.

Reference 'layne norton reverse diet' on youtube for more info.

Thank you shadow! This is exactly what the OP needs to do. Up your calories you probably need to eat more and workout and do a lot of cardio. T3 wont do shit unless you are willing to eat big, work hard and cardio your ass off.

ok..HYPOthyroidism causes in no particular order, severe water retention(the heart failure kind), loss of hair, dry scaley skin, constipation, sudden weight gain,
depressed heart rate (brachycardia), lowered blood pressure and cold extremities, brain fog, memory loss, extreme fatigue- think sleeping for 14 hrs and still being tired, depression (I wonder why), loss of the outer third of the eyebrows

when I was first put on thyroid meds after thyroid cancer I lost 8 lbs...thats it..no more ..a friend who had severe icu type water retention lost about 15 lbs ..of edema

Wait a min I have had alot of that in the past. Only think I have now is ankle swelling I assume that is water retention, loss of hair lost it before going on test, fatigue still have that... Also will fall asleep easy dead tired then 10 min nap and I am great. Had bloods check for thyroid and was told it was good. I been taking 75ml of Bluesky T3 for past 10 weeks I am tapering down now to lower dosage and going to get off in the next 3 weeks.

Wait a min I have had alot of that in the past. Only think I have now is ankle swelling I assume that is water retention, loss of hair lost it before going on test, fatigue still have that... Also will fall asleep easy dead tired then 10 min nap and I am great. Had bloods check for thyroid and was told it was good. I been taking 75ml of Bluesky T3 for past 10 weeks I am tapering down now to lower dosage and going to get off in the next 3 weeks.

There is the problem "you were told you were good" by a doctor, who like most of them including endo's dont onow how the thyroid really works and that their over inflated ranges are bullshit. What numbers are great for me might cause shit quality of.day to day life for you. Educating yourself is the only way bro. You'll see me preach about thyroid a lot but its warranted.
To add to sheri's list..
Low test levels
Tendon/connective tissue issues
Hands and arms going numb
IBS
Constipation (chronically)
Palpitations
Cholesterol issues
Cortisol
Adrenal issues
And it keeps going.

There is the problem "you were told you were good" by a doctor, who like most of them including endo's dont onow how the thyroid really works and that their over inflated ranges are bullshit. What numbers are great for me might cause shit quality of.day to day life for you. Educating yourself is the only way bro. You'll see me preach about thyroid a lot but its warranted.
To add to sheri's list..
Low test levels
Tendon/connective tissue issues
Hands and arms going numb
IBS
Constipation (chronically)
Palpitations
Cholesterol issues
Cortisol
Adrenal issues
And it keeps going.

Gotcha bro when I get off my cycle I will get bloods done again.. I have always had them done at the MD I think I should pay and get them done so I can ask for the test I really need. What do you suggest for the blood panel to get?

Gotcha bro when I get off my cycle I will get bloods done again.. I have always had them done at the MD I think I should pay and get them done so I can ask for the test I really need. What do you suggest for the blood panel to get?

Total T3
Free T3
Free T4
RT3 (also known as reverse t3 or t3 uptake....very important test)
Cortisol
Iron panel
Magnesium
B12
.....errr.....all I can think of off the top of my head. But there are more. Those are the big ones though.

You have to get the full scope of what your thyroid is doing. TSH to see how much hormone your pituitary is calling for. Free and total t3 and rt3 to see how much t4 is being converted to t3 and then how much is being used and absorbed by the organs like its supposed to be vs how much is being converted from t4 and then if any is not absorbed, how much is remaining floating around in your blood. Doubt you have this issue though....if you had excess t3 that your body wasnt using collecting in your blood stream you would be having issues. Your heart would he beating fucked up ect...

Using aas is very taxing on the thyroid as well. I used to get major palpitations 2-3 weeks after coming off and it would last a coupke weeks then just stop. Never knew why. It was my thyroid....aas was making me hypo then I would come off and my thyroid was trying to recover. Hence the hypo induced palpitations starting just as the esters cleared. Now that I take T meds I can ramp up while blasting to support the thyroid and I feel much better than I used to.
Magnesium is very important too (research it if you arent versed on it)

Back