• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Not gaining muscle on deca/danabol

Boris2247

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This is my third week on deca durabolin (nandrolone) and danabol ds (methandrostenolone). I have gained some bad quality weight, but I also see some good muscle mass and my muscles are harder.
But the problem is I dont see much strength improvement. For example i have been squatting 90 kg, now I can do 110 max. Been benching 120, I do 130 now, etc. No strength increase in the arms, even though I gained good mass there.
Arent these 2 steroids supposed to up my strength drastically along with weight? O went up from 89 to 92kg. And as far as i know, if you gain lean muscle mass it should also up your strength, right?
Im taking 250 g of protein a day, 400-450 carbs and 100 fat.

So whats going on here?

This is my third week on deca durabolin (nandrolone) and danabol ds (methandrostenolone). I have gained some bad quality weight, but I also see some good muscle mass and my muscles are harder.
But the problem is I dont see much strength improvement. For example i have been squatting 90 kg, now I can do 110 max. Been benching 120, I do 130 now, etc. No strength increase in the arms, even though I gained good mass there.
Arent these 2 steroids supposed to up my strength drastically along with weight? O went up from 89 to 92kg. And as far as i know, if you gain lean muscle mass it should also up your strength, right?
Im taking 250 g of protein a day, 400-450 carbs and 100 fat.

So whats going on here?

90 kg squat,and 120 bench?really weird.

nah..not really..could be lousy form/core...you never know

Ive got some really strange lifts too

I didn't even notice that it wasn't already!

moved

IML Gear Cream!
nah..not really..could be lousy form/core...you never know

Ive got some really strange lifts too

120 kg on the bench is a good result,but 90 on squat? I can do better with my destroyed back and knees,and I'm a jelly man.squat/deadlift for me are a big part of overall strength/mass,if for some reasons u can't move decent weights on those movements I think your growth can be compromized

Like another member said it could be bad form and it could be bad diet. I would like to ask though have you been blasting and cruising or is this you hoping back on cycle after PCT. My only reason is that myostatin will stall after week 8 and this becomes a problem for gaining more muscle. You need to let myostatin return to baseline level before you can start blasting again. If you have been blasting and cruising you may have not cruised for long enough. If this is not the case then I would question the quality of your gear.

Only the third week I say just wait for a couple of more.

No testosterone. Anyway yeah i know about squat. Its always been my weak point along with calf size, but my size and strength in legs as far as other exercises is pretty decent. So im forcing legs more, twice a week to improve my quads. Anyway i started with danabol 4 weeks ago, with deca 3 weeks ago.

Also im running 20mg of nolvadex daily in case of gyno. Can that stop gains from deca and dbol?

Last edited:
Test should be the base of any cycle. Deca/dbol only sounds like trouble.

No testosterone. Anyway yeah i know about squat. Its always been my weak point along with calf size, but my size and strength in legs as far as other exercises is pretty decent. So im forcing legs more, twice a week to improve my quads. Anyway i started with danabol 4 weeks ago, with deca 3 weeks ago.

Also im running 20mg of nolvadex daily in case of gyno. Can that stop gains from deca and dbol?

If you do not have libido issues already you will.

And Nolvadex is not an AI. An AI stops estrogen production, Nolvadex only stops estrogen at the receptors.

Plus no testosterone?

This sounds all wrong, I would quit now and study some more on proper compounds and ancillaries needed before you do this again.

Last edited:
No test sounds bad I would stop now does your dick even work.

I appreciate your advice and all, but ill worry about the hormones during pct, right now i just need to figure out why im not gaining the mass i wanted. I took the deca/ dbol advice from another bodybuilder that takes those before competition.

The hormones are an important part I would listen it might stop you from getting tits.

Get Shredded!
120 kg on the bench is a good result,but 90 on squat? I can do better with my destroyed back and knees,and I'm a jelly man.squat/deadlift for me are a big part of overall strength/mass,if for some reasons u can't move decent weights on those movements I think your growth can be compromized

I like these guys. They can leave the bar loaded and I'll warm up with their max ;)

I appreciate your advice and all, but ill worry about the hormones during pct, right now i just need to figure out why im not gaining the mass i wanted. I took the deca/ dbol advice from another bodybuilder that takes those before competition.

Well then just ask your bodybuilder buddy why you are not making the gains, he is obviously much smarter than we are.

Good luck!

Boris - there is nothing wrong with running Decca as your base. In fact your cycling like the oldskoolers use to. Throwing some Test in there couldn't hurt even at a recovery dose. Please remember about myostatin and its ability to stall. You need to consider your training is you confusing your muscles? Are you shocking them and going to failure? If this is being done and you are eating you will see growth.

3 weeks is too soon to see any major strength increases. Muscle takes time to build.

all good advice the only gains your seeing now are from the dbol the deca didnt even kick in yet. when i was a newb some 20 years ago that was my first cycle back in the day the use to say if you cant grow on deca and dbol then you arent gonna grow, i remember putting on 30lbs i use to love those russian dbol in blisters.

THEY TOLD YOU ALREADY!!! No fucking testosterone. I did a deca only run because I didn't know shit and listened to a dumbass. My dick didn't work for 6 months and I barely held any gains at all; not sure, to this day, if I'd been better off without it.

NOW, after significant education, I ran test, deca, dbol and BOOM!!! 65 pounds and I kept 40 of it after pct.
The advice you recieved was wrong now go order some test e.

Back