• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How much casein before bed?

jackedgamer

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've never bought casein before until today. While on my first cycle I want to make sure I'm doing everything right and I figure one of the things I've always meant to do but never did was have my last protein shake before bed be casein instead of whey. Finally bought some, but realized I didn't know exactly how much I should be doing before bed. So I just did one scoop tonight (about 35 grams--not counting the scoop).

But I was wondering what y'all did? Do you aim for a specific weight of the powder? Just one level 70cc scoop? Heaping? Details, please. Haha.

Your on the right track. I eat before bed tho. Always hungry around 10-12 so usually Greek yogurt with little whey added and a fat like almonds or pb.

Same for me. Maybe a small protein shake, but def some cottage cheese and/or yogurt.

I've yet to find a casein protein that dissolves well. It's like drinking a sand milkshake.

Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are some solid choices before bed.

Dymatize XT mixes fairly well but the new formula tastes way artifical.... I wish Divine would make a casein blend cough cough

How much casian before bed

As much as you can drink without pukeing. JK I just do one scoop, if I drink to much before bed I'm up twice in the night peeing. I don't mind waking up a bit fasted in the morning either sometimes. Even tho casein is slow digesting I feel like it only lasts 3-4 hours max so if your worried about going into a fasting state you'll have to set an alarm and wake up to eat of drink another shake.

id stick with real food, not a big fan of powders and such yes they are good if your jammed up or need something to hold you over till you can get someplace that has real food but on a daily basis even at night some good clean whole food is best imo

Cottage cheese before bed is the way to go, if I have a shake before bed I use low fat milk instead of water for a little extra protein

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, the casein doesn't mix very well, so just now I did a half-assed shakeup and then put it in the Magic Bullet and that made it nice and mixed and foamy. I think I'll try microwaving it after and see if it makes decent "hot procoa" (protein hot cocoa).

Drop the casein , eat food.

50 grams protein before bed is the most I ever consume.

It varies for me...

it just depends if i have hit my macros for the day or not.

Optimum Nutrition casein is probably the best I've had.

I do 3-4 protien smoothies a day at 50gm each.

It varies for me...

it just depends if i have hit my macros for the day or not.

Heck,
Are you following a flexible diet plan? Not knocking it, promise. If you are, how long have you been following it? How's it treating your gains?

Heck,
Are you following a flexible diet plan? Not knocking it, promise. If you are, how long have you been following it? How's it treating your gains?
I am not at this moment, im currently crusing/maintaining giving my body a Rest

But i have used IIFYM and saw good results. If i ever try to compete i will probably stick to a Bro diet tho (oatmeal,chicken,broccoli,rice etc)...

I know a few guys who follow it religiously and look great. Keep a super low body fat and seem to keep muscle. I have a hard time with buying into it 100 percent. Curious about how it effects maintaining your muscle post cycle. And in Relation to this thread...how are you not catabolic while sleeping on this diet?

Sorry for hijacking jackedgamer..

your body has to become catabolic in order to break down anything you take in. The catabolic state is what produces the energy & nutrients your body uses during its anabolic state. The problem with being in a catabolic state only comes into play when your body doesnt have the sustenance it needs to create the nutrients it needs to repair muscle, this is where it breaks down muscle.

This is where the casein comes in at, its a slow release protien that provides what your body needs during the catabolic state to fuel the anabolic state!

Hope I didnt loose you!

I know a few guys who follow it religiously and look great. Keep a super low body fat and seem to keep muscle. I have a hard time with buying into it 100 percent. Curious about how it effects maintaining your muscle post cycle. And in Relation to this thread...how are you not catabolic while sleeping on this diet?

Sorry for hijacking jackedgamer..

I blast & cruise , so i maintain muscle just fine ;)

Get Shredded!
Hope I didnt loose you!
No sir, you didn't loose me, thanks though... I'm all too familiar with Gluconeogenesis. That's why I'm confused how guys on the flex diet can keep gains when it involves long durations between meals..
However I believe it was just cleared up.. Cruise and blast. !;). Haha.

Lol, my nerd tendencies come out every now and then!

I like 2 scoops of combat before bed with milk it mixes well and slowly releases over 8 hours

I'm going to go Gibbs on you here, I don't like powder pre bed. I like a fattier meat meal with no more than 50 carbs depending on body type. Steak and a little oatmeal or potatoes is a solid meal.

I'm going to go Gibbs on you here, I don't like powder pre bed. I like a fattier meat meal with no more than 50 carbs depending on body type. Steak and a little oatmeal or potatoes is a solid meal.
Your body type that works, mine I go 10ounces of cod or tilapia for my protein. Shit wish I could eat steak at night. But I do eat more steak than anyone I know so no complaints :)

Your body type that works, mine I go 10ounces of cod or tilapia for my protein. Shit wish I could eat steak at night. But I do eat more steak than anyone I know so no complaints :)

Different coaches do it differently. When I was actually lean I was doing chicken before bed.

I do 1.5 servings of optimum nutrition casein with a tablespoon ground chia seeds (fiber and fat) and an ounce of heavy whipping cream for more fat

Back