• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

first cycle training methods

jhem187

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi all I am going to be starting my first cycle here in about a week. I'm just curious if I need to switch up my training method while on for the results I'm looking for.
Let's start with my current training layout.
Day 1- chest/tri, month 1- 5x5, month 2- 5x12-20
Day 2- back/bi, month 1 5x5, month 2- 5x12-20
Day 3- shoulders/legs, month 1- 5x5 month 2- 5x12-20
Day 4- rest
Day 5,6,7 repeat 1,2,3
Obviously I do a month of strength then a month of hypertrophy and I alternate.
I'm wondering if this is best for my goal , I'm looking to gain mass and lean up a bit while gaining massive amounts of strength (kinda Srs). I was wondering if I should switch to something like this;
On each training day do the big lifts for 5x5 and accessory for hypertrophy.
I weigh 240 and I'm around 17% bf. I don't care about abs I want the bulky physique.

My 1rm lifts are bench-345x2 deads-465x2 squat-475x1
Looking to increase these by 30 pounds each?

Thanks in advance for advice.

If you are looking for strength gains they will come obviously from diet and drugs. The thing you wanna be careful of while training for strength is not to fall into the AAS trap. It will make you real strong real fast. Dont pile on the weight. Add small amounts as you go even if you feel like you could add tons. Add reps and an extra set before adding weight. Make sure the ligaments and tendons have time to adapt as well. Always do a thorough rotator cuff warm up. DB farmer walks while holding a 25% shrug type position with the shoulders are super for warming up the entire shoulder.
I would almost suggest the hypertrophy training first to get the joints acclimated for a strength phase.

If you are looking for strength gains they will come obviously from diet and drugs. The thing you wanna be careful of while training for strength is not to fall into the AAS trap. It will make you real strong real fast. Dont pile on the weight. Add small amounts as you go even if you feel like you could add tons. Add reps and an extra set before adding weight. Make sure the ligaments and tendons have time to adapt as well. Always do a thorough rotator cuff warm up. DB farmer walks while holding a 25% shrug type position with the shoulders are super for warming up the entire shoulder.
I would almost suggest the hypertrophy training first to get the joints acclimated for a strength phase.

Will I really feel that strong that fast? Also if I already have a strong base like I do I still can't just pile on weight? I thought my joints would be used to it because I train negatives more often than I should.

If you aren't a super experienced lifter strength gains can come at a super fast rate but by adding 20 lbs to all your lifts every week you're just making yourself more prone to injury.

i think training lower weight high intensity is much more effective anyways. If I can't get at least 10-12 reps with something it's too heavy.

you will grow faster training high intensity assuming you have a solid base built already

You didn't list your cycle but depending on what you run you can feel freaky strong all of the sudden. Especially with steroids that make you retain a lot of water. Just ease into it and don't blow a rotor cuff...

Will I really feel that strong that fast? Also if I already have a strong base like I do I still can't just pile on weight? I thought my joints would be used to it because I train negatives more often than I should.

Even if its just test C or E with no oral up front, anywhere from week 3-4 you will start to really feel the difference gym wise. Your strong base is used to what you do now...negatives or not. You will feel like you can lift anything you put on the bar. In no time you will hit your current 1RM on lifts and rep it 2, 3, 4 times. It'll happen fast once it starts. Your joints/tendons will NOT keep up if you pile on what your muscles will want to lift each week. You might be ok all cycle long but once you come off any damage you may have done will show itself when the joints dont have the lubrication they did with AAS.

Even if its just test C or E with no oral up front, anywhere from week 3-4 you will start to really feel the difference gym wise. Your strong base is used to what you do now...negatives or not. You will feel like you can lift anything you put on the bar. In no time you will hit your current 1RM on lifts and rep it 2, 3, 4 times. It'll happen fast once it starts. Your joints/tendons will NOT keep up if you pile on what your muscles will want to lift each week. You might be ok all cycle long but once you come off any damage you may have done will show itself when the joints dont have the lubrication they did with AAS.

OP, please listen to the advice this guy is giving!!!

Pressing is the problem. The shoulders bro....really gotta take care of the rotators. Very thorough warm ups, off day maintenance work ect. Cannot emphasize this enough. Take this from a guy that is probably a good 15 years older than you and am just now getting my shoulders in line and straightened out from all the stupid shit I did in the gym in my 20's. Trust me on those DB farmer walks.

I'm running dbol kick start 1-4 and test e 500mg ew 1-12 aromasin eod12.5

Say I'm in week 3 and Start feeling super strong is it okay to throw on my 1rm currently and rep it 4-5 times if I can or is that still too much stress on my joints? I'd like to avoid getting hurt on or after cycle as much as possible. I love farmer walks and I warm up my rotator cuff before heavy bench day no matter what as it is. Never done farmer walks as a warm up though usually do them heavy and it hurts lol (good pain).

I'm running dbol kick start 1-4 and test e 500mg ew 1-12 aromasin eod12.5

Say I'm in week 3 and Start feeling super strong is it okay to throw on my 1rm currently and rep it 4-5 times if I can or is that still too much stress on my joints? I'd like to avoid getting hurt on or after cycle as much as possible. I love farmer walks and I warm up my rotator cuff before heavy bench day no matter what as it is. Never done farmer walks as a warm up though usually do them heavy and it hurts lol (good pain).

3 sets of DB farmer walks EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK except leg day. About 20-40 yards each. Into that partial shrud position and make the entire shoulder work. Start with like 75-80 lb DB's. Remember its just a warm up. heavy enough to work the shoulder lightly without fatiguing everything but light enough so you can really concentrate on feeling the shoulder doing the work. It has worked MIRACLES for my weak rear rotators in only a few weeks.

Also youtube "diesel crew shoulder rehab". Great suggestions in there for warmups and strengthening on off days. But out of all the things I have tried farmers are the best. ALSO...bottom up kettle bell walks with the shoulders down and back, shoving the shoulder blade back towards the spine.

If you get a few weeks in and hit your 1RM and can get a couple reps with it then guage how it feels. Be smart and do what you would do without AAS...if you try for a new 1RM then go 5-10 lb. Not 20.

this x 100

Back