• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

MIke Matarazzo dead

He was a beast. He had some sick calves.

th

I read something somewhere that said steroids and GH together can really fuck up your heart, but steroids alone aren't as bad.

Unfortunately to keep up with the muscle gains brought on from using gears, and also a result from constant high blood pressure, the heart grows in size. It is after all a muscle and when a muscle works harder it gets bigger.

Enlarged heart = heart problems

Unfortunately to keep up with the muscle gains brought on from using gears, and also a result from constant high blood pressure, the heart grows in size. It is after all a muscle and when a muscle works harder it gets bigger.

Enlarged heart = heart problems

I was reading about this the other day. Basically, heart size increase b/c of endurace is OK on survival, but the stress of lifting/juice/etc makes it grow "concentrically" which is bad. I don't get the medical technicalities, but I just accepted what i read.

IML Gear Cream!
Here's the nightly buzzkill for ya. A quote from Mike himself regarding his chemical use

"It has affected my whole life, so to all those guys who are on an eternal quest to have 21" arms and 20" calves, and who are so vain about their never-say-die attitude, I say, "Change your attitude." Worry about keeping that body of yours as healthy as possible, because it's going to have to last you not just through your next contest or to the end of your bodybuilding contract, but for a long time. And a long time for a human being is nothing. It goes by real quick, even quicker when your health is gone and you have nothing to stand live for"

I was reading about this the other day. Basically, heart size increase b/c of endurace is OK on survival, but the stress of lifting/juice/etc makes it grow "concentrically" which is bad. I don't get the medical technicalities, but I just accepted what i read.

Researchers have known for some time that androgens cause Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Hypertrophic Cardiomyapothy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768225/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/

Given the era Mike was from....basically Dorian's era...it was kinda the beginning of high GH doses, super inflated AAS doses, slin, ect. So I would bet he used some real mega sized doses. Obviously he was going to run into problems. Guys have since figured out you dont need 30iu of GH a day. (most of them)
Reasonable AAS use isnt real horrible on the heart. Some guys would get an enlarged heart from very safe use whereas some guys could be abusive with it and get less bad heart effects than the sane guy. Genetics certainly come into play. But GH makes everything grow, bottom line.
Thats why I get an echocardiogram every couple years.

I met Mike in LA in 1996 and seen him on and off again till 1998 ............he ate 5lbs of steak everyday he told me.

I'm not saying Mike took that much but some guys from that era did some retarded shit. I'm sure he took lots.

a main problem with GH if its used contantly it can influence directly the size and function of internal organs.

Get Shredded!
Rip big man.

This really took a big shit on my perspective on aas use. i only have 3 cycles under my belt and I cant see myself stopping down the road. I just hope that road doesnt end at 48 but this worries me.

Rip big man.

This really took a big shit on my perspective on aas use. i only have 3 cycles under my belt and I cant see myself stopping down the road. I just hope that road doesnt end at 48 but this worries me.

Regular blood work. Annual echocardiogram. Reasonable time on vs time off/cruising. Don't cruise at to high levels.

Remember...this is a guy who took tons and tons of AAS/GH/slin

Regular blood work. Annual echocardiogram. Reasonable time on vs time off/cruising. Don't cruise at to high levels.

Remember...this is a guy who took tons and tons of AAS/GH/slin

this...and really look at what is reasonable use...if smallish doses work for you..don't go chasing some dragon trying to get hooge
very few people can get to the sizze of these guys even with horrid abuse

this...and really look at what is reasonable use...if smallish doses work for you..don't go chasing some dragon trying to get hooge

Says the one trying to get huge tits....

That's because even if they could get relatively big..95% of people don't know how to do it. Even I was doing it all wrong til recently(diet). People just think pile on the AAS.

yeah..and diet is the big one..the biggest one really and no one gets that

they fuck with absurd routine, insane amounts of aas ..they never adjust their diet
they just follow whatever cookie cutter diet worked for their "bro"

Ya thats another thing to take into consideration. He admitted he was abusing the shit out of GH and diuretics as well as aas and everything he could get his hand on. Its in his article called something like my second chance. I keep my doses moderate. My first 2 cycles were test e 500 n 600mg 12 weekers amd this third one im running test e again at 750 but im also running masteron at 400 and finishing with anavar at 80mg a day for last 6 weeks. As you see, nothing crazy. Ill be 25 in november. Im 5'11 248-250lbs ~~14% bf according to the gym handheld bf test. Im going slow n steady no rush.

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing he talked about was eating 5 to 7 lbs of red meat daily!

He was a good guy... When I was 19 years old I met him in Modesto at Golds Gym. Always down to earth and really cared about people!!!

I remember when he hit the scene back in the early 90's IIRC. I was very impressed....and very influenced by him. He was killer ripped with great mass. I didn't realize he was only 48. :(

Back