• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Drinking and tattoo's

Mp5navy187

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Who here has had a few beers during a tattoo session with nothing negative happening to them? They say if u drink during a tattoo session your tattoo will fade or whatever... I have yet to witness it...:thinking:

Myth. The reason for tattoo artists not doing a tattoo when someone is drunk is because the blood will be thinner and the tattoo will bleed quite a bit more during the tattoo. Same thing with pain killers. Although you can always find some tattoo artist who will tattoo someone while they are drunk.

Who here has had a few beers during a tattoo session with nothing negative happening to them? They say if u drink during a tattoo session your tattoo will fade or whatever... I have yet to witness it...:thinking:[/QUOTE

Yea it will fade......the more drink, the worst your vision will get!! lol

I always have a few tall cans during a 5 hour session I don't really notice a increase of blood of a difference in the healing process

I always have a few tall cans during a 5 hour session I don't really notice a increase of blood of a difference in the healing process

Having a few tall cans in a five hour session isn't drunk. Unless you're 4'9" tall and 82 pounds.

But having alcohol in your system when you're getting a tattoo won't make them fade. If that were the case a lot of tattoo removal places would be out of business.

I know a guy who always got smashed before going to get inked. Not a couple beers... like half a bottle of vodka. he'd bleed all over the place but his tats look fine now.

The only issue with drinking and getting tattooed is you might end up with a shark tooth smile and eyeballs tatted on each side of your taint. (I knew someone...).

on second thought...alcohol makes my skin very dry. I wonder if that could make the healing process not go as well.

In all seriousness...when I go in for tattoo work, it depends where the tattoo is going. Certain spots don't bother me at all. BUT, when I'm getting some work done on a sensitive area, I do have a few drinks before I go in....makes the pain a little softer.
Drinking doesn't effect the work....unless you piss off the person tattooing you...

Who here has had a few beers during a tattoo session with nothing negative happening to them? They say if u drink during a tattoo session your tattoo will fade or whatever... I have yet to witness it...:thinking:

sun and time makes it fade. certain colors too. sometimes a light hand from the tattoo artist will also get it to fade sooner.

alcohol during a session means nothing

little work in progress
d398bbd8bd66d6a87fa6d90b873f47f6.jpg

Dude I love the tat, you going full sleeve eventually?

I have experience with this.

I have gone in either really buzzed (borderline drunk) before a tat session or feeling really great from vicodine....or both. And I'm not talking beer. Its either been a flask of fireball, or goldschlagger, etc. Never bled profusely, my artist never even knew I was drinking until I told her the last visit. I've been seeing her over the last 10 years. She has done all my ink.

So its totally a myth.

I've never heard that "it will fade" myth but I do know that alcohol thins your blood and makes the tattooing process more bloody and messy so I always go in completely sober. But reading SoCalJC, maybe THAT is just a myth as well.

Back