• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

stretching

Unlisted

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Im getting very limited in my all around flexability...I read its bad to stretch cold muscles and is more prone to injury...so does anyone stretch? whats ur thoughts? im done lifting once i cant reach my ass to wipe is all im saying..how to stay flexable is the topic here....

I always do the simple stretches everyone knows about before and after I work a muscle group. I also stretch the worked muscle group for the next couple days to speed recovery and help growth.

I always "warm up" the muscle before hitting it and stretch it afterwards. You can maintain you flexibility, just need to stick with it.

sounds good

you can stretch cold muscles at times not around your workout and you'll be fine. i like to stretch when i wake up and before i go to bed.

You know I haven't read much on stretching lately. Stretching before working out is not supposed to be condusive to strength training or heavy lifting in general. You want muscles tight, and full of blood for lifting. Warming up with medium weight is really all you want. Stretching after you workout on the other hand or days off will stretch the muscle and help it grow. That's just what I remember reading. But concepts may have changed over the years. I just read the 2009 bodybuilding encyclepedia and don't remember anything about stretching at all.

Mobility is key to proper exercise execution. So many people that get injured do so because they are doing exercises they dont have proper mobility to perform which puts them in a bad position. Ill generally do some light warmup work, then strenth the muscles im using in the workout.

I read somewhere that stretching before exercise adds no benefit whatsoever. Only AFTER an exercise. I do a warmup set of my first exercise for a muscle group at half weight before my actual workout starts to get warmed up.

Try dynamic stretching. Instead of holding a stretch for a long period of time hold it for only a second or two.

Do a few of these for the body part your having trouble with. I do this pre workout for my warm-up. It's actually better then static stretching when used before high weight low rep movements since it doesn't fatigue the muscle as much.

thx fellas all great advice....

Back