PDA

View Full Version : 3rd set of bloods. 6 months on TRT

rangerfn7
08-17-2014, 06:22 AM
OK just completed 3rd set of bloods after 6 months on TRT. I have 4 elevated levels on bloods everything else is in range. Are these good, bad or indifferent. Hemoglobin is 17.3 G/DL- RBC is 6.04 mill/mcl- Free test is 177 PG/ML- Hematocrit 53.2%. Total test is not through the roof at 619 NG/DL but is much better that the 186 NG/DL i started with. I have definatley noticed a difference in certain things in my life. At 48 years old i feel pretty damn good again, sex way better than it has been in 20 years my wife has finally given in to my new found frequency. I am not always tired, some nights i only sleep but a couple hours and dont feel all that bad the next day. Stamina in the gym is great and my confidence has improved. Again these are all pros. Cons I get terrible headaches 1 or 2 days a week that last about an hour or two and wife says I snore like a hog. Cant really think about any more cons. I have also suffered with anxiety over the years and over the last 6 weeks or so i have not had to take any meds to keep that in check, huge pro in that.

Dose is 150 ml per week split into .75 wed night and .75 on sunday morning. This schedule has improved the way i feel and i no longer feel like im up and down. In general I would have to say my quality of life has improved greatly.

Just want to make sure that with bloods out of range i will not have any problems. Also have appt with doc this week and he is lets say always on the nervous side looking to cut dose or change TRT treatment to something else, he does let me do home dose huge plus not having to go to the office for shots. He has made the comment that he will not risk his future or that of his family to treat me, guess he is a little paranoid about giving out test although he is Endo guy. I know probably be best to try a different doc but i also liked the fact that he had concerns for my well being and didnt just prescribe shit to get me out the door and get paid.

Just looking for comments from others is all this normal, the elevated levels. I do realize everyone is different and how it efects me might be different from the next person.

Thanks.

JRotten
08-17-2014, 07:06 AM
You might look into donating blood. Where is your free test?

rangerfn7
08-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Free test 177 PG/ML

- - - Updated - - -

I donated the week before blood work.

LowTman
08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
When I started TRT, my dose was higher, RBC, hematocrit and iron was elevated. Continue donating blood regularly. You can also do what is called a double donation. Basically you donate two pints, it will lower your elevations and you can donate less often. Never had the headaches, are you drinking enough water. I know everyone always says yes, but I have found eating and drinking water has always been the hardest to be consistent with following.

I too started with my Dr and he was too conservative, so I took things in my own hands with the help of the great members and vets we have on here.

Short of the few elevations, sounds like your on the right path!

LowTman

brad white
08-29-2014, 06:23 PM
You might look into donating blood. Where is your free test?
How does one go about donating blood? Any idea how to get therapeutic donations?

Unlisted
08-29-2014, 07:16 PM
find the worst neighborhood close to you and go for a nightly stroll....seriously though goto local blood drives or clinic and go from there..if not your dr. has to recomend theraputic i think...

LowTman
08-29-2014, 09:06 PM
How does one go about donating blood? Any idea how to get therapeutic donations?

Look up your local red cross donation center. Also, they list the locations of all their blood drives. However, like I originally said, they also have donation centers. I have one a couple of miles from my house that I always use. They sign me up on a regular schedule and even call you the day before.

LowTman

brad white
08-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, but we really don't want someone getting or blood, right?

LowTman
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah, but we really don't want someone getting or blood, right?

If your only on testosterone and a few stacks, it's not a problem. Yes they do want your blood. They are concerned that you follow proper protocol using needles. Don't share, use new sterile syringes, unlike someone using heroin.

If your that concerned, there is a discreet process where you check "don't use my blood". It keeps discreet. As long as you answer the questions honestly, your blood should be able to be used. They spin down what they want and use it.

Lowtman