• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What gym do you currently work out at?

jfreshxo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just wanna know what gym you guys lift at, what you like about it and what you don't. I work at Golds Gym so I workout there, free membership!!

Miss the shit out of golds. I go to an la fitness now that makes me not drop a 600 lb deadlift (not even that hard). Gives me shit abut chalk tha I manage like an OCD freak. Make me wear shoes, and has dunmbells that my girlfriend could push. (100s)

There a new golds opening near me soon, but I hazard a guess it will be sterilized. I lived for year at the Golds in Bangor, ME. That's a place a man could train and feel good.

Miss the shit out of golds. I go to an la fitness now that makes me not drop a 600 lb deadlift (not even that hard). Gives me shit abut chalk tha I manage like an OCD freak. Make me wear shoes, and has dunmbells that my girlfriend could push. (100s)

There a new golds opening near me soon, but I hazard a guess it will be sterilized. I lived for year at the Golds in Bangor, ME. That's a place a man could train and feel good.

Wtf is that shit?.

i train at la fitness! use chalk, do squat and deads barefoot (well sock foot), never have a problem, and I'm not only one.

you sure you at LA Fitness and not Planet Fitness?

No Golds here, so I lift at 24 Hour Fitness. I know, I know: it's a chain and full of half-assers who just wanna do yoga and all that shit, but they have pretty decent equipment and there's a fuck ton of them everywhere and my dues are pretty cheap ($34/month to use any of their gyms in the country).

I almost considered quitting them and going to a locally owned gym near my work... but they have a total of two locations (none of which is by my house) and their dues are almost twice as expensive and they wouldn't offer any kind of free day pass for me to check them out. I emailed them and asked if I could come in and workout and see what it was like and they said that wasn't possible because they don't have anyone on staff there usually (it's the kind of place where it's locked and you just let yourself in with a key card). Instead of a day pass, their solution was "well, you should just sign up and if you don't like it, we can refund your month's dues" but that sounded like too much work so I'll just stick to 24 Hour Fitness I guess.

It pisses me off how la fitness only has 100lb DBS. It would be really nice to really push it and see how much I can db row without having to use alternatives

It pisses me off how la fitness only has 100lb DBS. It would be really nice to really push it and see how much I can db row without having to use alternatives
Don't you do yoga or some shit anyways? Wtf you worried about the dumbbells for?

Don't you do yoga or some shit anyways? Wtf you worried about the dumbbells for?

Do I do yoga? It has been awhile, but I've taken many yoga classes and enjoyed it, or some shit.

Im at la fitness ...they dont bother no one ...people use chalk and theres 125lbs dumbells ...I guess since its corporate some managers are pure dicks and some are cool ...and I am in philly tho:coffee:.... hey gsracer is there another La fitness in the area, try there maybe manager is cooler :thinking:

IML Gear Cream!

Gold's with the 150lb DBS for the win!!!

Retro Fitness. No Gold's around here so I'm satisfied.

golds round here is like planet fitness all bs my gym is bodybuilders voted one of the top ten hardcore gyms by universal dbs go to 200 lb with hard rock blaring out the speakers

I work out at a gym called Xist Fitness. The beauty of it is that is was a golds gym then the location was sold and up popped this Xist in its placed. They kept a lot of the quality equipment and even added some..

Best part though, they charge $10 a month... i always figured it was an opening promo that would change but here it is 1 year 1/2 later and still the same.

Sent via Tapatalk Pro.

I know a guy that owns gym in town. We pound my GF together every now and again so he lets me in free. I can't really list the name since it is a private gym people could just google it then you would know where I am! Tin foil hat...check. But it's a nice place tailored to all people, meatheads to cardio freaks even the local MMA fighter train there.

Last edited:
Lifetime Fitness. Its the only good gym around. Good equipment , indoor lap pool , indoor pool for kids and free swim, huge outdoor pool with slides, daycare, Two locations near me , and one near work. They dont care when you drop weights. Good mix of people. They actually put the golds that i used to lift at out of business.

I know a guy that owns gym in town. We pound my GF together every now and again so he lets me in free. I can't really list the name since it is a private gym people could just google it then you would know where I am! Tin foil hat...check.

U guys pound your gf? Lol

Natchez Total Fitness.Hole in the wall gym in a hole in the wall town, but it has a good vibe.

24 hour fitness, only has 2 fucking power racks though so some days I wait forever to do squats and deads I just steal a bar from the shoulder press and stand in the middle of the gym. But, I drop weight and grunt/scream like a mad man and everyone leaves me alone. Not to mention there's a personal trainer there with the nicest ass I've ever seen!

The Golds gym I work at has no incline or decline bench!! This is insane and only one squat rack!!! Other than good gym all equipment is brand new

I train at a GOLDs that is family owned from the early 80's . The owner was state champion and used to compete against Lee Haney back in the day . It is a gem . Small , cramped but you get used to that . Scream , grunt , plates bangin , place rockin just the way I like it . I'd like it to be bigger and maybe a little more equipment but it has that special thing - atmosphere . We push each other ! Please if you have one of these old school hardcore gyms anywhere near you support them with your membership dollars if at all possible . If we don't all we will be left with in the future is PF type clubs !

I train at a GOLDs that is family owned from the early 80's . The owner was state champion and used to compete against Lee Haney back in the day . It is a gem . Small , cramped but you get used to that . Scream , grunt , plates bangin , place rockin just the way I like it . I'd like it to be bigger and maybe a little more equipment but it has that special thing - atmosphere . We push each other ! Please if you have one of these old school hardcore gyms anywhere near you support them with your membership dollars if at all possible . If we don't all we will be left with in the future is PF type clubs !

The problem with these sorts of old school gyms is either a) their hours don't match mine, or b) they are impossible to find.

I love Golds, But I work at a local college and receive free membership, I think you know where this is going!

Working out in gym near Boston .....bunch of pro body builders work out their.....Jose Raymond and Derrick Upshaw are s couple of them...hardcore ...... Jay Cutler was there yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working out in gym near Boston .....bunch of pro body builders work out their.....Jose Raymond and Derrick Upshaw are s couple of them...hardcore ...... Jay Cutler was there yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Back