• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Growing on a "pump" fascia tissue stretching??

Homesick_Blues

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys.. by all intensive purposes powerlifting is my arena of choice... Been lifting for 6 yrs juicing for 2 yrs and i have ALWAYS trained heavy weight low reps... I've definately grown along the way but I've recently developed a bit of interest in asthetics..
I've read/heard several theory about training moderate weight high reps to theoreticaly "grow on a pump" especialy when using gear.. is there any truth to this??
Ive recently changed jobs and get a ton more free time to work out I was contemplating starting 2x/day training with my morning session geared towards strength and compound movents and evening session geared towards isolation and working for more of a pump...
Any opinions or experience on this?
I'm running 1.5g test, 750mg deca and I love to eat and sleep so overtraining is realy not feasible IMO

Overtraining or not overtraining. You have to think about a point of diminishing returns. Are you making forward progress? If you have the free time and want to lift twice a day you can do whatever you want. I'm guilty of doing some lifting every day. Especially with smaller muscles like calves and shit. But not 2 complete workouts in a day every day. I would just add some cardio to drop my fat% to look more asthetically pleasing and to "look" bigger. Maybe up my sets to 6 and do 3 sets of heavy and 3 sets of lighter weight to get that pump and burn. You look at Serge Nubret he use to do 10-15 sets per body part sometimes. There is something called CNSF. Central nervous system fatigue. Heavy lifting puts a huge strain on the central nervous system.

Give your method a try for a few weeks man. Let us know how you feel.

Overtraining or not overtraining. You have to think about a point of diminishing returns. Are you making forward progress? If you have the free time and want to lift twice a day you can do whatever you want. I'm guilty of doing some lifting every day. Especially with smaller muscles like calves and shit. But not 2 complete workouts in a day every day. I would just add some cardio to drop my fat% to look more asthetically pleasing and to "look" bigger. Maybe up my sets to 6 and do 3 sets of heavy and 3 sets of lighter weight to get that pump and burn. You look at Serge Nubret he use to do 10-15 sets per body part sometimes. There is something called CNSF. Central nervous system fatigue. Heavy lifting puts a huge strain on the central nervous system.

Give your method a try for a few weeks man. Let us know how you feel.
Valid points brother!.. Im gonna give it a whack and go by feel

Good read
Im with you on this, awesome read!
I didn't get a chance to get back to this thread but I think I'm going to experiment with a HST training protocal vs 2x day traning.. It utilizes 2 week blocks of various weights and rep ranges to promote strength and size... Ive still got alot of reading/experimenting to do with it but if anyone is interested look into "Hypertrophy secific training" it's a pretty interesting concept

Hey guys.. by all intensive purposes powerlifting is my arena of choice... Been lifting for 6 yrs juicing for 2 yrs and i have ALWAYS trained heavy weight low reps... I've definately grown along the way but I've recently developed a bit of interest in asthetics..
I've read/heard several theory about training moderate weight high reps to theoreticaly "grow on a pump" especialy when using gear.. is there any truth to this??
Ive recently changed jobs and get a ton more free time to work out I was contemplating starting 2x/day training with my morning session geared towards strength and compound movents and evening session geared towards isolation and working for more of a pump...
Any opinions or experience on this?
I'm running 1.5g test, 750mg deca and I love to eat and sleep so overtraining is realy not feasible IMO

I had like a month off of work and using 600mg test e, eq 800mg, and added deca at 600 for 6 weeks. I also, primarily, lift for strength but I had time so tried the two a days; YUCK, PETOOEY!!:nono:
I burned out in only 3 weeks, joints were killing me, even my ass hurt. I switched to 6 days heavy, med, light. Heavy, like I always have, 2 top sets rep 3-5, 2-3 exercises per big bdy part, like back: Deadlifts, weighted pull ups, either low rows or one arm t-bar rows. Medium, you can repeat exercises or I chose to change them, 3 top sets 6-8 reps NO FAILURE, make these good, clean form, hit the rep set's. Light, I'd do something silly, back: hyperextensions (back extensions?) with a 100 pd dumbell for like 50 reps, pull downs but I'd stop the weight at the bottom, hold it til I cramped, weight light enough to get 15, one arm dumbell rows 4 sets of easy 15, stop the weight at the top and SQUEEZE.
This is week three, well saturday makes it 3, and I'm moving the top weights each week, maybe 5%, or an extra two reps, the mid weights are the hardest really, burns like hell, PUMPS from HELL :clapping: and the light days, holding the contraction is where it's at, nice muscle cramps, easy on the joints, and sunday I get out of bed to piss, eat and shit; that's it.
Just a suggestion.

if you stretch the fascia tissue or create a ripple in it...you are going to have some serious pain

fascia is a very thin covering of thin tissue that covers the muscles...

Back