• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

resting heart rate

bignasty

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone dealt with high resting heart rates? Mine was 190 completely calm with no caffiene.

190..bpm!?? did you feel any different!? Tachycardia can be signs or symptoms of serious underlying medical conditions that could lead to stroke, cardiac arrest, or death! please take that seriously and see medical help asap if it persists.

Thats the thing I was completely relaxed. If anything kinda tired. And I wonder if it has anything to do with my thyroid. My sister has graves disease and she just had to have a hole in her heart fixed.

it sounds like it very well could be. Signs of thyroidism is lethargy, depression, muscle weakness etc. Also an increased level of thyroxine is released from the thyroid gland to stimulate the heart to beat more strongly/quickly. which causes tachycardia and atrial fibrillation. All that left untreated could lead to a snow ball effect of health issues listed. working in the EMS field i see people wait till its too late before seeking medical attention..hoping "it will go away".

Dude if I had a resting hr of 190 I'd be in the ER

Dude if I had a resting hr of 190 I'd be in the ER
This ! Please get medical help asap ! I once had my heart stuck in a bad electrical rythym . It was 148 for two days . I had to be hospitalized and my heart stopped and re-set . It was called aterial flutter . At 190 very soon your heart will tire and bam , heart attack . Please do not wait !

This ! Please get medical help asap ! I once had my heart stuck in a bad electrical rythym . It was 148 for two days . I had to be hospitalized and my heart stopped and re-set . It was called aterial flutter . At 190 very soon your heart will tire and bam , heart attack . Please do not wait !

I think I've had this before...during exercise it feels like it skips a beat then seems to get stuck at a very high BPM. Longest it's ever lasted was about 40 mins once. When it stops though its a very sudden reverse back to normal heart rate and is a very relieving feeling.

Should I go to a doc? I've had these since i was a small kid. (like the age of the kid in my avi)

Well at my dr appointment they were chekn out my deviated septum/sleep apnea and they made another appointment for my fucked up back instead of cheking it out then so I went to er for pain meds and it was back down around 88 instead of 190. Im not sure if it was an isolated event. The weird thing was that my blood pressure was perfect it was just beating super fast when I tested the 190. For some reason my dr didnt seem concerned. Thats the military docs for ya.

I gotta get my immunizations done asap I havent had a tetanus shot for over 10 years. And I work with a crap load of rusty stuff..so im going to have them run labs too. And hey maybe my test will be low from post cycle ;)

Sheri where you at? If I remember right you have/had thyroid problems could you weigh in on this please ma'am?

normal bp or even a tad low with tachycardia suggests severe dehydration in the absence of trauma

also..graves disease (hyperthyroidism) is the exact opposite in symptoms to hypothyroidism...
with graves bulging eyes is very common ...

NOW a "thyroid storm" is something you should probably google because it can definitely kill you, timely beta blockers are about the only thing that can save your life in that instance...thyroid problems tend to be genetic so an immediate family member with thyroid issues should be cause for you to mention the tachycardia and family member with graves to a CIVILIAN dr before the military or va kills you

IML Gear Cream!
I think I've had this before...during exercise it feels like it skips a beat then seems to get stuck at a very high BPM. Longest it's ever lasted was about 40 mins once. When it stops though its a very sudden reverse back to normal heart rate and is a very relieving feeling.

Should I go to a doc? I've had these since i was a small kid. (like the age of the kid in my avi)
First off OP I'm glad you saw the doc but sorry it didn't address the heart issue . Nuttz that's exactly what I had . I would get a feeling that my heart skipped a beat . It would happen once a year or so and I was all checked out and they said nothing wrong with you bud . Then this one morning I felt that feeling and then this fluttering feeling in my chest . Felt fine , no pain or shortness of breath . But my heart rate didn't go down by itself so I ended up at the ER . I was so scared and couldn't believe it . There is a procedure to fix it permenently called a libation , sp ? Thing is this makes you high risk for a stroke and I was put on blood thinners to make sure I didn't have one . I did not have the libation and all is well after 2 years so I'm off the meds now . I would get this checked out for sure ! The libation is a simple procedure if it came to that but you need to know . The heart is never anything to take for granted especially if you can get a problem taken care of before something serious .

Been down this road, was prescribed the drugs which cause more long term harm than good and sought an alternative. AFIB is considered common among older people as well as athletes but its not normal!! This is what caused me to spend nearly 2 years diving into nutrition to try and find a cause for mine and boy did I learn a lot along the way. For starters, beta blockers have not shown to increase life expectancy so why are they given, especially considering the long term effects on health? Im happy to report that my worsening afib is now almost nonexistent after about a year of self treatment. Assuming your condition isnt due to hyperthyroidism (which is often a result of too little iodine/selenium) you have to ask yourself what nutrients effect the heart either directly or indirectly and what exactly causes the heart to beat? Nerve signals are what causes the heart to beat and if they get disrupted so can your heart beat. Many of the B vitamins are critical to nerve function and for many reasons people can have problems getting enough of the various B's. Even if they supplement the forms can be wrong or quality low. Iodine is also critical for proper heart function as well as electrolytes and/or their balance. What I have found is that docs today want to use their fancy machines like ECG, EKG etc but they gloss over important simple lab tests or do the wrong ones. Did your Doc check your lipoprotien A levels? How about homopcystine? how about urinary MMA? magnesium and potassium RBC levels? What about homocystine? All of these important indicators of what may be going on but docs have long ago lost the knowledge to treat people by giving the body what it needs and instead just dole out meds that do little. Afib is a common precursor to cardiac arrest due to clogged arteries. We hear it quite often that joe blow, an avid runner and healthy eater just dropped dead of a heart attack or jane doe who had a heart attack jhust weeks after a checkup where doc said she was fine and her symptoms were just part of growing old. They ignore the issues, almost all of them can be treated with time and targeted nutritional supplementation.

Back