PDA

View Full Version : favorite and least favorite body parts to work out and why

ejseoane
08-08-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm sure this has been asked several times but not by me and I didn't get to read itso here it is I was just wondering what everybody's favorite and least favorite body part to workout was and why? At this time My favorite is probably traps or my back in general , because I think big traps just make you look like a beast, least favorite would have to be shoulders I don't know why I just hate them

littlelady
08-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Favorite. Legs. Or back. Its tough.

Least favorite is easy.... Arms. I just think its boring.

jas101
08-08-2014, 08:08 AM
My 2 favorites are upper and lower body. Everything else is my least favorite.

SoCalJC
08-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Fav: Chest
Feel beast mode when I hit chest hard.

Least Fav: Legs
I'm sore as hell for days on ends.

crossfitchic
08-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Fave : Legs
Least: Chest

Unlisted
08-08-2014, 12:39 PM
fav is upper body...walk out the gym head held high...

least is legs ..walk out looking like a newborn calf or horse...if not crawlin..plus ill cramp up drivin home and hqve to pull over...

my wheels need some help...wife says i have chicken legs...wtf!!!

SoCalJC
08-08-2014, 12:49 PM
fav is upper body...walk out the gym head held high...

least is legs ..walk out looking like a newborn calf or horse...if not crawlin..plus ill cramp up drivin home and hqve to pull over...

my wheels need some help...wife says i have chicken legs...wtf!!!

Exactly how I feel brother.

TonyMack
08-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Fav - legs for sure. Running trails (6 minute miles) in the dark. Magical. Like it's where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm meant to do.
Second fave is legs in the weight room.

JRotten
08-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Depends on where I'm stuck. Right now favorite is back for sure because that's where the best gains are coming. Least favorite right now is chest because I'm stuck at the moment. I've added volume to legs and while I'm happy with the progress I hate not being able to walk!

Velociraptor44
08-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Chest training is my favorite. ... I hate training abs.

exerciseordie
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I like most all body parts besides abs. I fucking hate abs lol

exerciseordie
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Chest training is my favorite. ... I hate training abs.

You one of those chest and tris guys? Lmao jk Raptor

bar_belle
08-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I like most all body parts besides abs. I fucking hate abs lol

I'm with you there. Abs give the least ROI for me. My FAVORITE feeling/experience is being sore and trembling from heavy or difficult leg work. Legs grow the slowest for me. They are my passion. They are my mission.

Starting to dig arms...go figure that...

exerciseordie
08-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm with you there. Abs give the least ROI for me. My FAVORITE feeling/experience is being sore and trembling from heavy or difficult leg work. Legs grow the slowest for me. They are my passion. They are my mission.

Starting to dig arms...go figure that...

Legs are def fun. Its sets apart the boys from the men (or the women from the girls lol)

ejseoane
08-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah abs would be up there on the don't like list for me

Warriorblaze
08-08-2014, 04:14 PM
I love legs and back because I can move big weight.

Hate chest because my rotator cuffs are shit and it hurts like a bitch.

nuttz51
08-08-2014, 04:16 PM
As much as I want to say I love doing legs because I feel like a monster doing them...it hurts, a lot.

favorite is definitely back though.

SoCalJC
08-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I love legs and back because I can move big weight.

Hate chest because my rotator cuffs are shit and it hurts like a bitch.

Even with dbells? Since moving to dbells about 2 yrs ago I've never looked back. I do use the barbell for bench on rare occasions to switch it up, but its always light. My left rotator cuff and clavicle are jacked up.

Warriorblaze
08-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Even with dbells? Since moving to dbells about 2 yrs ago I've never looked back. I do use the barbell for bench on rare occasions to switch it up, but its always light. My left rotator cuff and clavicle are jacked up.

Yep. My gym only has dumbbells up to 100lbs, so I can't even go that heavy.

bar_belle
08-08-2014, 05:26 PM
favorite is definitely back though.

How do you like training back?

Sheriv
08-08-2014, 05:38 PM
favorite..legs..purely ego driven too, hate the doms tho

least favorite..back because I never seem to make progress no matter what I do

BTC
08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Yep. My gym only has dumbbells up to 100lbs, so I can't even go that heavy.

start doing farmer walks with DB's for a few sets before every upper body day. Actually do them every day. It will warm up the entire shoulder and it will strengthen it too. Then add bottom up kettle bell walks to those a few days a week. shoulders down and back on both movements, trap flexed pinching shoulder blades together. I couldnt do a chest day without searing burning shoulder pain. I started doing these as a warm up every day and then separately as a workout once or twice a week and only took a few weeks to work.
On the DB farmers....make sure to hold the weight up like you are 25% of the way into a shrug rep. Dont let it pull the shoulders down.

heavyiron
08-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I pretty much love training everything these days but lower back can be hell the following days so that's probably my least fav.

BTC
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Training shoulders is becoming fun again now that I have gotten my weak rotator imbalances under control. I hate training abs. Its such a pain in the ass. Actually most days I have to mentally prepare for now....not just hey, goin' to the gym. Doing my wife's split that her coach designed for her and its brutal...borderline torture on some days. 90 minutes on most days too. I'm sore all the time now like a noob in his first month.

Sheriv
08-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I got a pinchey shoulder thing that I wake up with every morning and whenever I do anything with delts in my right shoulder...its like..my collar bone has to be pushed down or something

I stretch my arm way down and sometimes it makes this horrible crunching and instantly feels better..other times its just miserable and wont budge
looks fine on xray..I love doing delts though because if I slack off on them they respond fast

TouaregV8
08-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Favorite: quads
Least favorite: calves

Unlisted
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM

sounds like i have the same issue...sometimes side lat raises will trigger it or certain movements but flat barbell bench is not on the menu anymore.....sux to get old...

E-Nice
08-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Fav...tie between legs and chest I can get both of them beyond pumpedevery time

Least fav...hands down biceps stubborn pains in my ass

badboys
08-08-2014, 11:29 PM
favorite is chest and arms

least fav is deadlifts and squats lol

but i do not neglect anything

Calli
08-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Fav is Back hands down, I absolutely love training back.

Least fav is defo CARDIO though don't think it counts so I'd say least fav is training Quads, I enjoy Hammys and Glutes, but Quads is tough for me due to having a rubbish left knee.

theCaptn'
08-09-2014, 01:21 AM
Love: big muscle groups
Hate: small muscle groups

IronRage
08-09-2014, 06:33 PM
My favorite by far is chest, my least favorite is back only because I get bad pain in my right elbow if I go too heavy, I like legs too, I don't wanna be "that guy"

KILLEROFSAINTS
08-10-2014, 10:25 AM
favorite: shoulders....they are stronger than most....and after many years I got figured out how to get them to gro.....least: biceps....still rarely get a pump

Unlisted
08-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Worst=the brain
Fav= my cawk...oh wait is that a muscle cuz it sure hasnt grown since i was a teen?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Unlisted
08-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I do t thik the brain is a muscle either..im screwed..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk