• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

No matter how hard I try...

E-Nice

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have done low rep/high rep....low intensity/high intensity...you name it I have tried it and I can't get my arms to grow, I have hit a plateau...specifically my bi's...tri's grow decent but would like more...I have even tried working them on separate days and with other muscle groups...anyone have stubborn arms and found a way to fix it?

I started doing weird off the wall cable bicep exercises...

also quit doing heavy weight, 15-20 reps per set.

started doing extra straight barbell curls (douche bag in the squat rack type curls)

Then I started using Tren

Now they are growing.

Never had a problem with triceps so I cant say much about that.

"Your never satisfied, this place is not a home, I think Im better off alone"

get dat pump!

Second for mountain dog arm program, I've also seen results doing what nuttz said as well

I feel like the best work and the most full my biceps get is from barbell curls...I'll try focusing on using them more and see how that goes...appreciate the info

EAT! If your not eating enough nothing will grow, period.

I started doing weird off the wall cable bicep exercises...

also quit doing heavy weight, 15-20 reps per set.

started doing extra straight barbell curls (douche bag in the squat rack type curls)

Then I started using Tren

Now they are growing.

Never had a problem with triceps so I cant say much about that.

I have been thinking about changing things up and this came to mind. I am going to give it a try on the next cycle

Eating has never been an issue for me...well maybe eating too much some times...I always have an appetite and have cleaned up my diet as of late...I get about 1-1/2 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day...maybe I'll try to up it to at least 2 grams

IML Gear Cream!
Eating has never been an issue for me...well maybe eating too much some times...I always have an appetite and have cleaned up my diet as of late...I get about 1-1/2 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day...maybe I'll try to up it to at least 2 grams

My arms are my biggest challenge regardless of diet, WO routine or gear. Getting overall mass and that damn bicep peak has always been an elusive goal.

Keep tweaking and find what works best for you and never keep the same WO routine too long, that will stagnate your growth. Change up your WO routine regularly.

I have fallen victim to the same routine for a little while now out of frustration....kinda gave up on them for a month lol..however I am ready now to break out of it, switch things up work hard and grow! Thanks for the ideas

That's like shortening the range of motion just a bit to keep the muscle engaged the whole time correct?

Yea while controling negative side of rep 4 seconds till bottom then explode to top and repeat 8 reps with proper tension should take 40 seconds.

Sent from my EVO

Yea while controling negative side of rep 4 seconds till bottom then explode to top and repeat 8 reps with proper tension should take 40 seconds.

Sent from my EVO

I am glad you brought this up. This is huge when doing arms.

It also works well with every muscle. Try legs with that walking out of the gym will be out of the question lol.

Sent from my EVO

I'll for sure give it a try on leg day...I love working my legs, the one body part I don't have trouble with and I always get a great pump

Squats, deadlift aand a lot of rest betwen training session is the best solución.
Give It a try!

Get Shredded!
If mountain dog don't get a little growth going then I dunno what to tell you. Hire a coach..... I could name a couple that Wil get your arms to grow.

I'll have to check out mountain dog just for something new to try.

There's a lot to it. I'd have to see your lifting mechanics for starters.
The order of exercises I've found is also a huge growth factor. Mass move, fascia stretching or stretch move, finished with a max contraction/isolation move. Must be done in that order for maximum results. Called positions of flexion.

I've found any program gets stale. I have like 3-4 bicep routines. I'll stick with one for 2-3 weeks then switch.

Hit it from many angles esp hammer curls. They give the arms great 3d look from Side profile.

A great sample routine I can give is 3-4 sets seated preacher bench. U can switch up ez curl bar or straight and vary grips from to time.
Go to rock bottom on each rep and I do mean rock bottom! 8-12 reps and it u wanna do a heavy week with spotter 6-8 reps. Do half reps from the top of the movement above midway down and keep pumping those guns to failure.

Next up seated DB hammer curls on incline bench. Go to bottom get that streeeetch! Sometimes I'll do reps one arm at a time to failure then switch arms. Saw Phil Heath do them like that. Great pump!! 2-3 sets

Finish with concentration curls, spider curls, flat side of preacher bench, or elbows overhead high cable bicep curls behind head(Larry Scott style!) 3 sets 8-12 reps squeeze as hard as possible at top. If using DB then use free hand to help Squeeze.

That's one of my favs of mine and works great. I have 2 more if u get bored with that! One I nicknamed the Larry Scott routine of pure pain. The other is a 4-5 move giant set circuit.

All work great but I always switch after time.

Enjoy and good luck!

Last edited:
Awesome man thanks! I always have done my hammer curls standing...do other curls on the incline bench but never thought to do hammers there...the last routine I did was standing straight bar curl 3x10-12....standing hammers 3x10-12 and then preacher 3x10-12...giant sets are something I haven't really done too much either I'll give those a shot too

This works well for me: Flex for 2 seconds at the top of every rep. During the eccentric phase of each rep, lower for 3-5 seconds. 8-12 reps each set. You'll have to lower your weight in just about every lift but you won't be able to move your arms post workout. Occasionally I'll immediately flex the muscle I just worked in a set for 20 seconds during the rest period all throughout the workout.

I am looking forward to plugging this into my next bicep routine!

I broke away from ego lifting a couple years back and am pretty in tune with my body...that's why this plateau is driving me crazy

- - - Updated - - -

I def was a victim of ego lifting once upon a time lol

Back