• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

food advice

Champ13

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
heres the deal guys. i'm no beginner to food, nutrition, training, blah blah blah...i am a beginner to aas. therefore, i'm trying to amp up my calories and my intake to allow for maximum development and growth.

a little background info on me, i'm a former collegiate athlete, current personal trainer, being training since 05 so i feel like i know a thing or two...but not one of those dumbass trainers who thinks just because i have a piece of paper saying i know something, i all of a sudden know it all. i love getting advice and info from people who know more than me....yes i believe you guys know more than me....hence why i'm here on this forum! I'm 5'6", 172lb, 12% bodyfat, was 150 3 months ago...walk around normally at 150 actually. never juiced before started my first cycle of test e yesterday. so thus begins my journey of growth. i'm looking to get up around the 190 mark within 8 weeks.

as far as i understand i wont really begin to see any benefits of the test until week 6 so i'm pretty sure what i gain from now until christmas/new years will be me and not the juice which i'm fine with. ive already put on 20 pounds in the past 3 months all natural now that i'm all healed up from my hernia surgery. its been over a year since the surgury but i just havent been comfortable until about 3 months ago to lift heavy so i started up again about 3 months ago.

ok bear with me, i get sidetracked easily. back to what i'm looking for out of this, i normally stick to a more basic crossfit paleo diet which is great for an athletic body, but with the mass i'm trying to gain now, it's just not enough umph for what i'm looking for. ive always been an athlete, therefore ive always been anti bodybuilding. as in, i never cared for size/musclular look. if i could beat you on the football field/basketball court/track i didnt care about anything else. so i've got lots of explosion or fast twitch muscles. i'm a very strong guy for my size, but again...i'm not the size i want to be now. i'm finally looking for the 'bodybuilder' diet. something that will allow me to consume enough calories and a good 2:1 protein:carb ratio. i know i wont get fat. you couldnt get me fat if you tried. i want to get as much mass as i can and then i'll crossfit away any fat i collect.

but being such a newbie to bodybuilding, i have no idea where to begin with the diet end other than take what i'm currently eating and then add this or that to it when i can stomach it. but i dont have any meals that fit this plan. its more of just randomly throw a cup of cottage cheese on the side of my plate during breakfast lunch and dinner. or add an extra scoop of protein powder randomly to my day.

i would take any advice from a full on sample meal plan to just random advice. thanks in advance

You should plug your stats into a calorie tracker (e.g. fitday.com) and chart your daily calories vs. your activities and base metabolism. Only in this way will you see what your appetite is telling you in relation to what you truly need to grow.

My own experience here was pure skepticism but I discovered that my base metabolism was ~3100 cals/day and more like 3500 on a strong gym/cardio day, which is most of the time. Left to my own devices I will eat as little as 2000 cals/day leading to massive catabolism. My own appetite was sabotaging any muscle building, likely being the main cause behind my "hard gainer" status these last 30 years. Without counting calories I'd've never figured it out.

Back