• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Determining calorie needs

Capthowdy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm just curious to see what some people use to calculate their intake depending on goals.
I saw a sample diet that apparently the rock was doing to get in shape to play Hercules. He was training two times a day and had 7 meals a day all of them on this particular day had white rice with 6 of the meals. Plus he had his chef preparing all of his meals. I wish I had that shit!!!

I eat everything I find. If I start noticing any soft areas. I eat everything I find, except I stay out of the bottom freezer drawer. Of which the ice cream dwells.

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/fnic/interactiveDRI/

This is a FAIRLY accurate calculator you can use to get a loose recommendation for your caloric intake needed to maintain weight. However, we need to go about this analytically and the best thing to do is to pick a caloric intake at around one that you get from one of these calculators and track your weight while eating at the specified amount.

If your weight trend increases (I give it about 10 days) you know that you're eating above maintenance, if it decreases you are below etc...

In the case of professional athletes and bodybuilders it would be silly to try to emulate their diets. They carry much much more lean mass than you or I and need to eat more simply to maintain weight.

The only real way to determine your caloris needs are to log everything you eat and use something the USDA nutrition database tpo determin cals your eating.

Dont change diet or workout for a couple weeks while you watch weight on scale (and estimate BF changes if any). If you stay consistant then thats a good baseline for maintenance.

If your looking to lose fat then cut some cals, 300-500 a day, preferably in the form of high glycemic carbs.

If your looking at add weight then eat more.

I figured I was gonna do trial and error that seems to be the best way for everything to determine what works for you.

I will probly use one of those online calculators just for an estimated starting point

Depending if you're ecto, meso, or endo. There is a math calculation.

Back