• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Carrier oils

Guillotine

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So, I tried searching for this on the site, but my search terms kept getting rejected as too short or too many results coming back, so starting new thread.

What carrier oils do most sources use? GSO? Cottonseed? Peanut? Coconut? Olive?

If you have an allergy to the source of the oil (I'm allergic to peanuts, for example), is it considered OK to ask before ordering? Does an allergy to the source ingredient always translate to an allergy of the oil for injections? Can you be allergic to the injection and not to the source? Can you just take Benadryl or something like that and not have an issue?

Or is asking about this some sort of faux paux like asking for the secret sauce and therefore vendors won't tell you?

Last edited:
I've never heard of anyone using peanut or olive oil as a carrier.. If you're concerned about the oil though it doesn't hurt to ask a source... what are they gonna do? refuse to tell you?? we keep these guys in business

Our abaxen pharm team at www.levram.us use cottonseed oil as our main carrier. Used In many US pharm companies. You should be able to ask. If they don't tell you. Don't go with them.

www.levram.us

btw gso and cso are definately the more common oils, I have seen several use coconut aswell though

Our abaxen pharm team at www.levram.us use cottonseed oil as our main carrier. Used In many US pharm companies. You should be able to ask. If they don't tell you. Don't go with them.

www.levram.us

btw gso and cso are definately the more common oils, I have seen several use coconut aswell though

Thanks guys.

I know that big pharma uses cottonseed oil, but that's b/c it's basically free (it's a cotton waste product, as I recall). That means it's full of pollutants and pesticides, so I was wondering what pharma in other countries use and whether it is hypoallergenic.

I went to a Chinese restaurant today and ordered the Kung Pao chicken... and forgot to tell them no peanuts. After stabbing myself with the epi-pen, I realized that i've enver really thought about this in the context of gear, so I figured I'd ask.

cottonseed oil* a*fixed oil*from seeds of cultivated varieties of the*cotton*plant*(Gossypium)*; used as a solvent and vehicle for drugs.

www.levram.us

Most sources use GSO or CSO… Also highly refined oils that come from the source of the allergen loose the allergen properties during the refining properties.

If you're allergic to peanuts, it is possible to ingest highly refined peanut oils without having an allergic reaction. The proteins that initiate an immune response are stopped from the oil during the refining process.

Most sources use GSO or CSO… Also highly refined oils that come from the source of the allergen loose the allergen properties during the refining properties.

If you're allergic to peanuts, it is possible to ingest highly refined peanut oils without having an allergic reaction. The proteins that initiate an immune response are stopped from the oil during the refining process.

Great info, Colochine! I'm not going to rush out and look for highly refined peanut oil, but good to know about normal gear oil. So waht causes allergic reactions (or site reactions, whatever you want to call it) from gear? is it only sterility issues?

Great info, Colochine! I'm not going to rush out and look for highly refined peanut oil, but good to know about normal gear oil. So waht causes allergic reactions (or site reactions, whatever you want to call it) from gear? is it only sterility issues?

It could be one of the above or a combination of them. If its localized (injection site) it could be dirty gear which would cause an infection rather than an allergic reaction. Some people just have sensitive skin and tend to break out to almost anything.

If you think it is a localized allergy, then try an antihistamine like claritin or zyrtec, those should handle mild allergic reactions. If you think it may be a sterility issue with the gear, then discontinue it and find another source with good feedback.

Also try to contact the source and get the type of carrier oils they use along with the solvents used. Not knowing the source you're having issues with its tough to know for sure. Typically if a source is producing dirty gear there will be a lot of similar threads with this type of feedback and the sources typical response is an allergy to their oil ::jerkit::

It's not considered bad form to ask what the source uses due to an allergy either. If they don't have an answer don't buy the gear. It's that simple.

Most of these clear oils are EO/MCT. I actually love them. They flow very easily and allow for a higher concentration.

Some people say they have a bad reaction to EO. Why is that? (P.S. I have loved the clear MCT/EO oils I have used so I don't think I have this issue)

Some people say they have a bad reaction to EO. Why is that? (P.S. I have loved the clear MCT/EO oils I have used so I don't think I have this issue)
A very small amount of people are allergic to EO. I cannot handle anything 100% EO but a blend causes no issues.

cottonseed is the most comment but grapseed is used often to

I used to think I was allergic to EO, then I realized (with the help of a flow cytometer) I was using very dirty gear, probably not even filtered. There was a lot of similar feedback and the source kept blaming the EO... I've seen this several time from different sources.

Get Shredded!
Great info everyone. What do you use for irritation or adverse reaction? Like bm said he can't take 100% EO, but he had to have done it to know that. So, what did e do to stop the bad reaction? Epi pen?

or are bad reactions kinda minor and not an issue to deal with?

I to can not handle 100% EO, 50/50 I can no problem. I have friends who can not handle any. Straight MCT oil is just fine so far.

Great info everyone. What do you use for irritation or adverse reaction? Like bm said he can't take 100% EO, but he had to have done it to know that. So, what did e do to stop the bad reaction? Epi pen?

or are bad reactions kinda minor and not an issue to deal with?
Minor but painful.

Back