• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How do you deal with "steroid" comments

TBJ

:winkfinger:
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
From strangers, co workers and/or family? First, it was "lookin good, you're bigger."

Now I've gotten "What are you takin, steroids?" Three times, once in a joking manner.

I've replied with "Eating better, eating more, and hitting the gym harder than ever." Which is all true... But...

What do YOU respond with?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406978393.927870.jpg

Last edited:
I usually give some stupid ass comment like "10 protein shakes a day". You can say anything, the people you are responding too have no idea the kind of hard work and effort we put into our body's.

Haters gonna hate, fuck em!

I fly into a defensive rage and start breaking stuff. Lol. No, really I make a joke about it. Like ya you want some! I think I'm still small enough to convince them it's diet and training.

Oh I have gotten the "you on steriods"...or " u juicing" ..and I lie my ass off ....wat! NO way ..I take creatine and eat better and work out harded at gym:rolleyes:

for a woman is different,usually they don't build a lot of muscles. jeffy,I would say "of course I'm juicing,horse steroids"

I take the stuff justinz beiberz takez

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406982544.504313.jpg

Last edited:
I fly into a defensive rage and start breaking stuff. Lol. No, really I make a joke about it. Like ya you want some! I think I'm still small enough to convince them it's diet and training.

:roflmao: if its guy tell him " say that to my face bitch " then for good measure pick up something up and throw it , scream " u wanna piece of me " ...now by this time he should be either steppin back wards to make his get away or cryin please dont hit me :roflmao:...

7000+ calories a day is my go to and usually ends the conversation lol

for a woman is different,usually they don't build a lot of muscles. jeffy,I would say "of course I'm juicing,horse steroids"

Well, maybe, but I took my profile pic down because I can't compete with some of the other women on here. You can definitely tell a woman on steroids.

Well, maybe, but I took my profile pic down because I can't compete with some of the other women on here. You can definitely tell a woman on steroids.

I agree to an extent. WE as a whole for this bodybuilding board kind of have an "eye" for spotting anything unnatural going on male or female since us ourselves have been there done that. That 3d/ photoshopped look to muscles are a lot easier to spot once you have them yourself.
Especially when you really start appreciating the human physique and what you can accomplish with chemical and hormonal help, you just sort of start to catch on and see things the average person does not.

But when it comes to the normal person with no care or desire for being fit, it's almost like they are blind to the fact of what they are seeing.
I can tell you countless times that a buddy has said damn man she looks good, and I'll reply with well most likely she's running gear - and they will be dumbfounded.

The public has some miscrewed conception that women + steroids = monsters and there's no way that girl with the pumpkin delts and solid quads is running anything. It almost runs right along side the thinking that if women lift weights they get big and bulky and masculine. I hate it and hate these mindsets people have.

Kind of a rant lol, but my point is - just because we can pick up on the signs of gear usuage, 90% of the time the general public is too naive or just doesn't see it.

And I think you should be proud of the way you look and upload your profile pic :) JerseyDevil's new one has him looking like a hawtie :callme:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From strangers, co workers and/or family? First, it was "lookin good, you're bigger."

Now I've gotten "What are you takin, steroids?" Three times, once in a joking manner.

I've replied with "Eating better, eating more, and hitting the gym harder than ever." Which is all true... But...

It's funny, no one has ever came up to me and accused me of being on gear. Idk if everyone just says it behind my back and not to my face or what, but it is what it is.

On the other hand though random ass people do come up to me and start talking about their cycle or what they're on. Never question me, but always want to talk about themselves. Totally out of nowhere by the way most of the time with complete strangers. It's happened about 15 times in the last 3 or so months.

Maybe it's just so obvious so no one even bothers questioning it?? I dunno. But like I was saying to mrs jd, lots of people are clueless. I could pack on another 30 pounds and my momma would still think I was natty. So it is what it is lol

YOU can tell a woman on steroids bc u know this world ;) but ignorant people don't know.they just think "oh shit that dude is taking a bunch of proteins and creatine,he's gonna destroy his liver/kidneys". but who knows about steroids can't be fooled.I remember a guy,like 240 lbs at 10% bf, he was telling to another dude "yo bro,u need to work harder,eat better,u know,look at me!! hard work and dedication" and this poor guy believed him.

^^^^ A few years back my pops gave me the old talk , u using steriods u know that bad for ya ...but i know that came from my brother put that in head ...my bro talks smack hater .....yea i felt bad liein to my pop

It's funny, no one has ever came up to me and accused me of being on gear. Idk if everyone just says it behind my back and not to my face or what, but it is what it is.

On the other hand though random ass people do come up to me and start talking about their cycle or what they're on. Never question me, but always want to talk about themselves. Totally out of nowhere by the way most of the time with complete strangers. It's happened about 15 times in the last 3 or so months.

Maybe it's just so obvious so no one even bothers questioning it?? I dunno. But like I was saying to mrs jd, lots of people are clueless. I could pack on another 30 pounds and my momma would still think I was natty. So it is what it is lol

It's funny... 95% of the comments are from women.. The non steroid comments. Have had multiple female coworkers come up and squeeze my delts. The negative ones have all come from male co workers. I think they're mirin'

View attachment 8599

I just rage out and start bitch slapping everyone in the room. Get real defensive about it.

And I think you should be proud of the way you look and upload your profile pic :) JerseyDevil's new one has him looking like a hawtie :callme:

No, not going to post a pic of myself. :( And yes, JD looks incredibly HOTTTTT!!!! Way beyond my league now. :(

Ppl tend to not ask directly b/c I walk around pissed off all the time anyway. Gonna be gun seeing how that changes when I start Tren.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not going to post a pic of myself. :( And yes, JD looks incredibly HOTTTTT!!!! Way beyond my league now. :(

You and JD are a couple - I'm betting he thinks you are outta his league too.

I flip the script. ..If a dude says something to me...I respond "Are you fuckin queer or something. ..why you checkin out my muscles"...that usually shuts em up quickly. .!!! Lol... for females. ..it's mostly when they say something about being bigger. ...I've never had a chick ask me if I'm juicing...but when a chick says something about my physique. ..I just say..."oh I think it's a mid life crisis and I felt old so I started working out hard again to feel younger".... I've been a smartass with a couple close bro's...IMHO...women are usually easier to brush off the talk if it comes up... dudes are the ones who get pretty nosy..!!!

Get Shredded!
I don't tell any lies, but I definitely don't divulge the entire truth either. If someone asks me if I am running gear I respond with good nutrition, proper suplementation (could mean gear) hard work and dedication in the gym is how I got where I'm at. Then I walk away.

I just start talking about the last week of training. The only time any one ever came right out and asked was when my arms started growing. The funny thing (to me) about that is that I had gained 12 lean pounds in my previous cycle in 10 weeks, but it was when I finally found training for my biceps that really worked for me that someone said something outright. Most people can't see what they don't understand.

I do get the dirty looks from other dads at my kids' events, but that may be because I don't have a sunken chest and beer gut or because their wives sneak peaks. Most of the guys that even go to the gym get quiet when I talk about my last squat workout because they have no idea beyond bench press and curls and can't see how that would make a difference to the total package. They don't even comprehend the word deadlift. "What does that mean?" is the standard response.

sydeja3u.jpg

my tshirt answers their question

YOU can tell a woman on steroids bc u know this world ;) but ignorant people don't know.they just think "oh shit that dude is taking a bunch of proteins and creatine,he's gonna destroy his liver/kidneys". but who knows about steroids can't be fooled.I remember a guy,like 240 lbs at 10% bf, he was telling to another dude "yo bro,u need to work harder,eat better,u know,look at me!! hard work and dedication" and this poor guy believed him.

Hey, that's not fair, when I was competative in powerlifting I lifted in the 220 class and I regularly weighed at 242-245 with 10% bf easy and I didn't touch juice til I was 8 years out of competition. I'm 5'10" so 240 isn't that big on my frame and to be fair it was mostly in my legs and back.

I could do all the juice and eat all the calories and I wouldn't be 240 :(

I feel sad for you then. Uh u aint like 5'6" are ya?? :roflmao:
I started lifting at 13, had a book with Lou Ferrigno on the cover and he was always an advocate for heavy, compound exercises. I also got a "personal" workout from non other than Franco Columbu; heavy workouts as it turns out. Deadlifts, squats and he prefered the weighted dip to benching. So, in short, I got put on the correct path VERY early on and since it always worked, I simply never altered my workouts much through about 21 and I come from a family that believes in "kill it and eat it" so lean meats were a staple.

Back