• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Good news regarding RBC TRT and guys that can't donate!

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I finally got a script for therapeutic phlebotomies from my trt doc. Basically I was deferred from donating due to a past exposure hepB even though I never actually got sick so I had to really watch my numbers. I have antibodies to hepB and that's enough to keep me from donating. Well the therapeutic phlebotomy costs almost $100 every time I go in. So when I called in to make my appointment, I was informed the local blood bank started a program just for trt patients that will now waive the fee entirely AND allow donations more frequently than every 56 days! How awesome is that?!

It looks like from the paperwork I have to fill out that this is not a change to FDA rules across the country, but rather an FDA waiver my local blood bank has secured. This program may not be available to everyone, but for guys like me that had to be even more cautious about RBC and hematocrit, this is AWESOME news that may be worth looking into!

Stay safe guys and good luck!

good find bro!!!!

Good info!

So I finally got a script for therapeutic phlebotomies from my trt doc. Basically I was deferred from donating due to a past exposure hepB even though I never actually got sick so I had to really watch my numbers. I have antibodies to hepB and that's enough to keep me from donating. Well the therapeutic phlebotomy costs almost $100 every time I go in. So when I called in to make my appointment, I was informed the local blood bank started a program just for trt patients that will now waive the fee entirely AND allow donations more frequently than every 56 days! How awesome is that?!

It looks like from the paperwork I have to fill out that this is not a change to FDA rules across the country, but rather an FDA waiver my local blood bank has secured. This program may not be available to everyone, but for guys like me that had to be even more cautious about RBC and hematocrit, this is AWESOME news that may be worth looking into!

Stay safe guys and good luck!

Damn thats awesome any more info such as what form this would be? Id love as much info as possible to pass it onto others!!

Last edited:
All the donation places I go to allow therapeutic donations to where they do not use the blood they just trash it.

All the donation places I go to allow therapeutic donations to where they do not use the blood they just trash it.
It requires a script at least where I live, required a fee, and was limited to every 56 days, but they could draw more than a normal donation. This is a huge improvement.

Back