• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

high creatinine level: doc freaked

idigphish

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My family doc says my creatinine level is way high. 1.54. Not really into the idea of wrecking my kidneys so immediately stopped orals and slin. But bb friends have suggested that 1.54 is not such a big deal for a guy my size. Not sure who to listen to. My family doc admits to not knowing much about what Im doing. BP is pretty high to at 159/80. Lastly e2 levels are 26. Suggestions?

Bp is high but creatinine is just how fast your muscles restore rate is I believe so if you are a decent size and lifting serious your fine.

Last edited:
creatinine levels will go out of range if you hold unusual amounts of muscle mass. The general range isn't designed for bodybuilders.

As mentioned already the creatinine level isn't much of a concern. My concern is the BP. Continually high BP can lead to many unwanted scenarios. Best to keep that in control from the get go.

As mentioned already the creatinine level isn't much of a concern. My concern is the BP. Continually high BP can lead to many unwanted scenarios. Best to keep that in control from the get go.

Control how? BP meds see like a bad idea if bbing, no?

This. I would be more concerned about your BP, especially if that's what it has been for a while now.

Control how? BP meds see like a bad idea if bbing, no?

I've got no problem with certain BP meds. I think an ACE inhibitor is better than an ARB as it works on different fronts. And like Guillotine said above, it's certainly better than dangerously high BP.

I've got no problem with certain BP meds. I think an ACE inhibitor is better than an ARB as it works on different fronts. And like Guillotine said above, it's certainly better than dangerously high BP.

ACE inhibitors and ARBs are actually fairly similar as they both work on the renin-angiotensin system. I think the only BP meds that might temporarily have a negative impact on performance would be beta blockers.

IML Gear Cream!

ACE inhibitors and ARBs are actually fairly similar as they both work on the renin-angiotensin system. I think the only BP meds that might temporarily have a negative impact on performance would be beta blockers.

Thanks guys! Good to know as my bp is borderline, but I've been leery of going on meds.

also, Musculus talked about the fact that high bp is bad, no tne. Giving credit where due

I agree, they are similar in that regard but work on a completely different pathway.
ARB's block the receptors where the AngiotesinII molecule attaches, thus blocking it's vaso-constricting action.
ACE inhibitors actually block the conversion of AngiotestinI to AngiotestinII (the most powerful constrictor of blood vessels)
ACE inhibitors also generate nitric oxide that widen the vessels. Lowering BP by yet another pathway.

Here's a decent 8 page paper on the differences. They don't relate it to AAS use but I still found it to be very informative
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/805784

creatinine levels will go out of range if you hold unusual amounts of muscle mass. The general range isn't designed for bodybuilders.

exactly!

I found a study one that tested the creatinine range of thousands and plotted the C levels and mass and as their mass went up so did their C levels. These were non -athletes but even among them the C levels rose to upper range when they were larger people. For someone carrying an extra 30+lbs of muscle its pretty common to have slightly elevated C levels.

Thanks all for good guidance. Bp has usually been in healthy range. I will monitor. Is that E2 level of 26 reasonable? My test level is at 2480. A good ratio?

Back