• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Chest once or twice weekly??

badboys

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Here is the problem I am having. I feel like my chest could use some improvement but currently this is how my week looks for my work out routine. I would like to include chest again maybe on thursdays but then where could i include my bi's and tri's. I like supersetting arms so haven't been big on doing tri's on chest day and bi's on lat day so I always kept the arm day separate. What do you think about maybe doing bi's&tri's on wed and then doing a smaller chest routine thursday followed by shoulders&traps?

Sunday-Chest

Monday-Lats

Tuesday-deadlifts and Legs

Wed-shoulders&traps

thursday-tri's&bi's

friday- off

sat- off

I prefer twice a week. Twice a week for everything actually except for legs is what I get my best results from. I usually don't fit everything in twice a week though, a couple muscle groups just have to be left with only hitting once.

Can you post up what your typical routine looks like Nuttz51.

Mine looks like this even though I don't always stay to same exercise's i switch up every other week but here is just a sample of what one week may look like for me

Chest Day-4sets of 5-8reps on bench press, 4 sets of incline dumbell press at 8-12reps, and usually do three sets of partial's on flat bench right after benching. Then finishing off with 3-4sets of incline dumbell flys 15-20reps.

Lat day- 4sets of wide grip pull ups, 4sets of wide grip negative's, 2-3 sets of close grip pull ups, then 4sets of barbell rows at 8-10reps followed by one arm dumbell rows also 4sets of 10reps.

Leg day- 4sets of moderate to heavy deadlifts followed by 4sets of leg press done on machine

Shoulder&trap day- 4sets of Military press 10reps, then straight too side dumbell lateral raises right after press's. Then 4sets of bent over side laterals and front raises and 4sets of upright rows followed by shrugs for burnout

bi&tri day- 4sets of every exercise. Incline dumbell curls, 10reps, followed by skull crushers or one hand overhead dumbell raises, Then on too concentration curls around 10reps followed by triangle pushups or dips

Personal preference on lagging body parts I do pyrmaids I typically work up to a 1-3 max rep range then drop set the entire way with minimal 10 reps. U will need a spotter for obvious reasons. Check out mike rashids overtraining chest on YouTube. I'm doing his overtraining workout and man all I can say is I'm very sore. I usually don't get this sore but all the pyramids drop sets and intensity training is showing. :) good luck brother keep us informed.

It took three weeks to fuck my wrists, shoulders, and elbows hitting chest twice. Getting old sucks. At my age I'm growing better keeping lifting down to 4 times a week. Push/pull/legs/arms,delts,calves

I also do a 4 day split. I was having trouble building my chest till I found this article with a killer routine. Has worked wonders for me. Get a fully adjustable bench. You want to have a high, medium, and low incline. Then flat. Using dumbells you start on the high incline. 6 reps, drop to medium incline 6 reps, low incline 6 reps , flat 6 reps. This is one set. Repeat 3 times. Then I like to do a few sets of some type of fly to target the inner chest. I personally like putting a bench in the cable cross over and using the handles at lowest point. Resistance all the way through. You will be sore for sure bro.

I like that program xsbobber may try that. I have heard that using different variations on the incline helps a lot. I can't seem to get much stronger on two bench no matter how much gear I run. Need to break this plateau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My chest workout looks like this incline dumbbells, incline flies, cable crossovers, peck deck, decline hammer strength machine, weighted dips. Since i switched over to this at 5 sets of 12 chest has grown like a weed.

Can you post up what your typical routine looks like Nuttz51.

Mine looks like this even though I don't always stay to same exercise's i switch up every other week but here is just a sample of what one week may look like for me

Chest Day-4sets of 5-8reps on bench press, 4 sets of incline dumbell press at 8-12reps, and usually do three sets of partial's on flat bench right after benching. Then finishing off with 3-4sets of incline dumbell flys 15-20reps.

Lat day- 4sets of wide grip pull ups, 4sets of wide grip negative's, 2-3 sets of close grip pull ups, then 4sets of barbell rows at 8-10reps followed by one arm dumbell rows also 4sets of 10reps.

Leg day- 4sets of moderate to heavy deadlifts followed by 4sets of leg press done on machine

Shoulder&trap day- 4sets of Military press 10reps, then straight too side dumbell lateral raises right after press's. Then 4sets of bent over side laterals and front raises and 4sets of upright rows followed by shrugs for burnout

bi&tri day- 4sets of every exercise. Incline dumbell curls, 10reps, followed by skull crushers or one hand overhead dumbell raises, Then on too concentration curls around 10reps followed by triangle pushups or dips

I'm not gonna get into individual exercises because I try to switch that around every time.

Friday legs, abs
Saturday - back, triceps
Sunday - chest, biceps
monday - off
Tuesday shoulders, abs
Wednesday - chest, biceps
thursday - shoulders, triceps

Wed and thursday are the days I often switch up, instead of doing chest and bis on one of those days I might decide to throw back in instead. I really don't have a dead set routine anymore it's all about how I feel and what i think I need to work on more. As long as I get the rest I keep growing so some weeks I take an extra day off if I feel it needed. Just gotta listen and learn to read your body.

All my workouts are 35-45 sets though, I don't fuck around.

IML Gear Cream!
I bench twice a week, but I also squat 3x a week :p Before switching to my current program, I hit chest once a week and saw great results. Just depends on the individual I guess lol

^ flat barbell bench press = worthless chest exercise.

If your goal is to build a bigger chest don't even bother with it. Stick with incline work and stuff that stretches your chest back to where you're actually pulling instead of pushing.

If you're focusing too much on pressing movements for chest and switched it up to stretched out pulling motions you could probably see a huge difference just from hitting chest once a week.

Like Damgar noted, the problem I've always run into when trying to hit chest twice a week is that my shoulder joint gets wrecked within a month and I end up having to take a full week or more off from the gym to let the inflammation in those tendons go down and the pain subside. I have relatively weak and brittle joints, so I'm sure a lot of guys can get away with it, but for me it's never been worth it. It sucks because my chest is always recovered and feels ready to be hit again a few days later, but I have to fight the urge because my history has proven that my shoulders can't handle all that pressing.

Shoulder pain comes from improper technique most of the time. Next time you do chest watch your shoulders, if they raise up off the bench when you press then your engaging your front delts. You need to engage your traps like your flexing them the entire time you are pressing. Also your elbows shouldn't be at a 90 degree to your body, they should be more like a 45-50 degree angle. It takes some time to perfect but try it and you will feel the strain more on your chest and not your delts.

Heavy day at the beginning and just a light maintenance day at the end

Don't. Chest twice a week plus the added tricep training and shoulder day (I assume you press on shoulder day, because.... yeah.)
You'll have screaming wrists and elbows in 2 weeks.

Try more volume on your lagging days. And of course... Eat more on the days you would prefer to grow the most.
If you have shoulder pain during chest days and more volume is a problem, about halfway into your workout do about 3 sets of pull-downs. Also warm up your rear-delt and rotator cuff before *any* press routine.

Back