• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Tendinitis help

LowTman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My upper forearm has been bothering me for a month. I just thought I tweaked something, took some ibuprofen and gave it some rest.

Well, ibuprofen nor rest has helped. This has effected my workouts, so I went to my Dr. He moved my hand around until he replicated the pain and said I have tendinitis. He then gave me an adjustable wrap and said to wear it all the time except when I'm sleeping. He also said to tighten it as tight as I could make it without cutting off the blood to my hand and also to ice it. Lastly, he said it could take another month to go away.

I have heard about tendonitis, but have never experienced it. Does it really take this long to go away? Gotta believe some of you gymrats have had this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The pain is below the the elbow 2 inches, but on the inside of my arm and on the bottom of my tricep an inch above my elbow.

LowT

Ive had the same issue for years on hard pressing days.... its something I just have learned to live with but goes away in a few days. I get it really bad where the triceps meet the elbow. Subbing for input as well.

Yeup.it really takes that long to go away..yrs ago I was on light duty at work for two months because of it and it sucked. What ultimately made it go away was being serious about immobilizing it. For me it was my elbow so a stupid sling and alternating hot and cold every 20min whenever I was awake for about a week straight. Bad news is it still flares up.

got the same had the staroid shots well shit dont work even with time off now my left elbow is got it this all happened during skull crushers ive since quit doing this move the top half is tennis elbow the bottom is called golfers elbow if you can handle the pain good for you if not well theres always surgery i hats that word . good luck with that iam in the same boat its no fun ...

cheapthreads out.........

go get an electrode/shock test on your hand/arm tendons/nerves and carpaltunel ..it will pin point the issues for sure....not saying his wrong but nice to have some facts to back up your diagnisis....i have horrible issues in my hands and forarms that need surgery..im just waiting it out...didnt wwnt to get cut at the age of 35 and lose hwnd function...my sex life would be ruined...along with gym time......will be soon though.

Well, ibuprofen nor rest has helped.

The key to healing tendon/ligament issues is to understand the healing process.

How does healing take place?

Inflammation is a natural and essential part of healing as long as the inflammation is not to extreme (ie that it reduced blood flow). The blood stream carries nutrients to the site of damage as well as various healing factors and cells to clean up and repair the damage. The same thing that causes inflammation is what triggers this response so trying to get rid of inflammation actually hampers healing.

When you goto a doc and they recommend ICE and NSAIDs they are catering to the average couch potatoe, not an athlete! When you hamper inflammation you hamper healing. Yes you reduce pain but then people work through it and continue to cause damage until something serious gives out.

Rest/elevation also stagnates the lymph which is important for moving damaged tissue. The blood stream relies on the heart the lymph system relies on muscle contraction, they dont need to be strong like lifting, but just general motion. Sitting with an arm elevated or unused further slows healing.

You need to realize tendons and ligaments have a very slow natural cellular turnover rate of about 300-500 days. This means injuries generally take a long time to heal.

Lastly but just as important is the fact that certain nutrients are required for the process of collagen repair and creation. Heart disease is a leading killer in the US, Atherosclerosis is directly linked to lack of nutrients used in repair of collagen and there are countless articles on the subject but you wont hear many docs talking about it because they have their new cardiovascular wings they need to pay for. Give your body ample ascorbic acid, proline and lysine to speed not only the repair but improve the quality of the repair.

I have the same problem but was reading that HGH helps repair things a lot faster? Anyone had any experience with that?

I have found that a wrap around the effected area that makes it sweat and keep warm during exercise helps. I do extremely high reps to flush as much blood into the area as possible. Don't be afraid to do a hundred. Use light weights not heavy ... any kind of triceps extension, curl or forearm curls. Anything that saturates the affected area with blood and warmth. It also needs to be wrapped for support so you can do the exercise without strain or pain. IMO it will heal a lot faster then immobilizing the injury. All I can say is, it works for me. The idea is to exercise it without compounding the injury.

I had it in both arms really bad I quit working out for almost a year and when I started back it was fine haven't had it since

Zyg hit the nail on the head. Other than initial severe inflammation from initial injury you need to avoid nsaids. All the do is restrict blood flow to an area that already has little blood flow.
ART
HGH
TB500
ARP therapy
Prolotherapy

^^^^ these things fix tendonitis and tendonosis.

IML Gear Cream!
Zyg hit the nail on the head. Other than initial severe inflammation from initial injury you need to avoid nsaids. All the do is restrict blood flow to an area that already has little blood flow.
ART
HGH
TB500
ARP therapy
Prolotherapy

^^^^ these things fix tendonitis and tendonosis.

I'd add in bpc 157 as well

Back