• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need advice. Doctor visit this afternoon.

madhattr

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
37 years old. 6'2. 240 lbs. Back in early May I had bloodwork done to get an overall health check. I was irritable, not confident, low sex drive, no motivation, etc. Got my results.

Total testosterone = 180 Sex Hormone Binding Globulin = 19.8 Free testosterone = 44

NP recommended Androgel or Axiron. I wasn't very receptive to either one because of having teen children and the wife who does our laundry and touches everything. I brought up injectables and she was not very receptive to that idea and told me that she didn't know much about TRT. Injectables seemed easier and cheaper. So, then she decided to refer me to a endocrnologist for further testing after I inquired about injectables. The earliest he could see me was the end of August. I was really feeling low and not motivated at all. I ended up with a bottle of test cyp and self administered. I am injecting .25/ml twice a week for a total of 100mg/week. Seen a big difference. Mood, motivation, sex, etc.

I stopped about two weeks ago because I know the endocrInologist visit is coming. Thought maybe I could get an idea of what to expect being off. The last few days have been horrible. I could not make decisions, my cognitive skills were almost obsolete, I was confused on everything I did, I was very down and hopeless. I was completely lost. I took off work for two days off because I didn't feel confident in my abilities. I decided I could not take that so I re-started the injections. I definitely feel better. Not yet back to where I was yet, but definitely clearer.

Here's the dilemma: I'm scheduled to go back to my NP for a checkup today. She's not going to do any testing. I am not sure what I can discuss with either the NP or endo when discussed. I would love to be able to tell them the situation and they tell me to quit taking illegal and prescribe me TRT instead of me having to self-diagnose. It's not like I'm taking huge amounts of test. I just want to feel normal, happy, and confident. This seems to have helped tremendously. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. Am I going to have to keep going the way I am going or is there a way to go legit now? That will probably decide for me whether I keep my endo appointment or not. I will probably cancel if there is no way to come clean. I am sure if he tests me now, my tests levels would come back improved and he's not going to prescribe me anything. But, I know there is now way I can stop and go back to feeling like I did this past week. I can't afford to lose my job because I can't function correctly and make good judgement calls.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

having been there and done everything you have done, almost to the T, i can tell you this, my primary dr was cool about me self admistering, he knew from the get go i was on things, but he advised me when i go see the endo that for the most part they pull blood and work off the numbers regardless of what you say, they dont have the relationship built with you yet that you build with your primary. all that being said, think about this and i am sure others will say the same, your endo is gonna have you come in on a regular for blood work, which makes for cycling a little more tricky because now you have to really becareful where your levels fall when you go see him/her. so after playing that game for awhile its just easier to self medicate and cost wise after copays and scripts its actually cheaper if you have a solid source, less of a headache worrying if you will get cut off etc.

having been there and done everything you have done, almost to the T, i can tell you this, my primary dr was cool about me self admistering, he knew from the get go i was on things, but he advised me when i go see the endo that for the most part they pull blood and work off the numbers regardless of what you say, they dont have the relationship built with you yet that you build with your primary. all that being said, think about this and i am sure others will say the same, your endo is gonna have you come in on a regular for blood work, which makes for cycling a little more tricky because now you have to really becareful where your levels fall when you go see him/her. so after playing that game for awhile its just easier to self medicate and cost wise after copays and scripts its actually cheaper if you have a solid source, less of a headache worrying if you will get cut off etc.
I went through all this too, and came to the exact same conclusion. It's WAY easier to self medicate and get your own lab work done. It's a royal pita to see the doc every 6 months, and plus most don't have a clue about TRT. When I was seeing my urologist I asked him why he wasn't checking my e2, he said 'we don't need to do that'. I also asked about hcg and he looked at me like I was from Mars. I don't think he even knew what that was. That was when I made the decision to handle my own TRT.

I am with Test1 and JerseyDevil, I was so discouraged with my doctor and the programs endos use I just said screw it, nobody looks out for my best interests better than me. Plus as JD eluded to these endos can be horrendous to deal with.

If I am going to stay at those doses, what else do I need to add to it? I am all new to this and am not an "in-shape" person by no means. One thing I've noticed is the shrinking testicles. Like I said, the doses are minimal, but when I stopped them, I could feel everything crashing down on me. I also think I have worried myself sick over all of this. I guess I am really worried about what's going to happen if I tell my NP that I am injecting an illegal substance into my body. Legal ramifications? I really appreciate the info. This has got me all screwed up. I have never taken anything like this before. So, to me, it's really worrisome and confusing.

Last edited:
If I am going to stay at those doses, what else do I need to add to it? I am all new to this and am not an "in-shape" person by no means. One thing I've noticed is the shrinking testicles. Like I said, the doses are minimal, but when I stopped them, I could feel everything crashing down on me. I also think I have worried myself sick over all of this. I guess I am really worried about what's going to happen if I tell my NP that I am injecting an illegal substance into my body. Legal ramifications? I really appreciate the info. This has got me all screwed up.

Do not discuss using UGL gear with your doctor unless you know he will keep it off your records. Your insurance company has every right to review your records and it could be a bad deal if this meeting involves documenting AAS use.

At least in the USA that is the case, other countries could be a different story.

Shrinking testicles? Welcome to my world-LOL! If it really matters you can add HCG. Personally neither my wife or I care about small testicles but it is a personal preference.

I recently dropped my test levels for lab report that was going to my doctor and I experienced the same thing you did. I have all the issues you do when low on test, especially moodiness and cognition, that is a bitch!

That gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like I was all out here alone. I am in the states. So, I will definitely keep my mouth shut. She isn't going to do any blood work today, but when I go to the endo for the first time next month I am not sure what to expect. I have the blood reports from when my NP had them done in May. I'm not sure if he'll go off of that or not. Surely he will know something's up when he plays with my balls and if he does blood work. Should I try to get her to give me a script today to start gels and not take it and keep using injectables? At least if I have the script, I have somewhat of an explanation to the endo on blood work and testicle size. Again, I only take what was described above. Nothing else. No HCG, no AI, nothing.

I only had to see doc every six months for one year now I see him once a year for bloods and new script.

My doc keeps all my info off record about gear and if I have any question about any hormone will fully explain its effects. He's one of them if your going to do it I'm going to help you do it as safe as possible.

I went to see my doc. I didn't say anything about injecting. I wanted to just tell her and get it over with. She wouldn't start a script for the gel since I am scheduled for the endo next month. So, now I am down to seeing him and then I'm not sure where to start now. I know, if I feel like I have for the last couple weeks, I don't want to stop taking it. I believe I only took the bi-weekly injections for about 4-5 weeks. Due to a family tragedy, I started back on an older prescription of Wellbutrin 300 XL on June 12 thinking it would relax me. The doc thinks that might be what caused the feelings, confusion, and the world caving in on me. But, like I said, she doesn't know I started injecting in June and then quit the first of July. I am really scared to stop my injections for fear of feeling like I did, if that's what caused it. I just can't up and leave work like I did and expect to keep my job. I definitely wish I would have made wiser decisions.

IML Gear Cream!
I would drop the injections until you see the Endo. Your levels should be low enough by then that you qualify easily. If you don't let the test clear your system, then you either get to tell him what you have been doing or he will tell you your levels are just fine.

You have been living with low T for years, a few more weeks won't kill you. The payoff is worth it.

She is going to ween me off of the Welbutrin starting today. Will be done in two weeks. I don't know whether adding 300 mg of Welbutrin a day into my system caused the way I was feeling or stopping the test for two weeks. If it was the test, I am not sure I can handle going through what I felt in this last week.

Say I was to stop cold turkey, how long would it take to get back to base line? I've only been pinning for about 3-4 weeks.

test E or C becomes active when you inject it...blood plasma levels will peak within 24 hours then slowly descend over the life of the testosterone used...half life on Test E is about 7-10 days and Test Cyp is slightly longer up to 12 days..

Drugs like Welbutrin are often prescribed to men with low testosterone due to many of today's doctors dont understand low T and just write out scripts for stuff like Welbutrin cause the symptoms are similar in some ways..

So, only being on for 4 weeks, what do I need to do to be able to stop injecting, not crash, and make the boys go back to natural production? I am really looking for a way to get back to pre-injection. As if I had never done anything. I am not sure I want to do this for life. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Take your last pin 14 days from the appt date...no urologist is gonna look at your balls....hell I haven't had a doctor look at my balls in 25 years...

Are you gonna feel like super chipper after 14 days...no but you won't feel awful...

Will I go back to pre-injection numbers or will it go lower? Just kind of curious if he runs numbers, what he is going to see. Your opinion, do you think the boys have permanently shut down in that short amount of time?

I have been in your shoes.

My test was 109, I had several back surgeries (7) and was on all kinds of narcotics for the pain. My last surgery eliminated my pain, as they finally cut out the correct nerves causing the problems. However, 6 years of no activity left me fat, lethargic and not interested in sex. My doctor wanted me to give it 6 months of all meds to see if my test would go back up. Well, pushing 50 soon I didn't want to waste any more time. I self medicated 250mg test cyp weekly. I dropped about 50 pounds, I eat right, sleep, workout 3-4 times a week and have a lot of sex. All because I want to. I feel like I did when I was 30. Now I quit trt and am now I am working out to build muscle. So i have upped my dose and have added other goodies. I am addicted now about my body continuous changing.

That said, stop now and go the prescription route. Then you can decide to stay that course and work around your doctor visits or cancel your appt, self Medicate using one of the many sponsors here. What I found is that there are so many members here that have so much knowledge and that are here for me, you have access to some great stuff here with people willing to help.

I chose to skip my Dr. as I wasted enough time the last 6 years.

LowT

I went the trt clinic route. Quick access to a doctor that knew what he was talking about. After a year though it's just ridiculously expensive. I can buy 5x the drugs, do 4 times the labs and still save money. Obviously there are risks, but let's be honest, I take those risks anyway.

Say I was to stop cold turkey, how long would it take to get back to base line? I've only been pinning for about 3-4 weeks.

If I understand this right you have only been doing about 100mg a week for 3 or 4 weeks which isn't much at all, there is no way you have permanently shut down your testicles on that low of a dose for that little of a time. You shouldn't have to hard of a time coming off considering how low of a dose and how little time you have been taking it. Maybe a little tired and less focused but that would be about all, my guess is the Welbutrin is the main problem and you need to get off that. You seem like you're really struggling with this so I will tell you in my opinion I'm 95% sure your feeling like crap is the Welbutrin (read up on all the warning for this stuff.) The low test scores aren't helping but the injections you're doing shouldn't be that hard to come off of. Stop the Welbutrin, do one more week of test and then stop giving you 3 weeks to recover before your appointment which should be fine considering your timeline and amount. If you still have low test scores get on treatment, whether it be the gels or injections just do it, living a better quality of life is worth it.

Get Shredded!
Thanks for the info. I am going to definitely take the advice. I'll update as we go to see how we are doing.

Back