• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

That defining moment....

BigTime

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Tonight I want to hear stories of that defining moment in your life when you saw something or someone and knew at that moment you wanted to have big muscles. I can remember mine like yesterday.

I was 5 years old and the cartoon He-Man came on the TV. The moment I saw him with his muscles that had muscles coming out of the muscles I thought, "that's what I want to look like when I grew up". Now there were some honorable mentions as well like G.I. Joe and of course Hulk Hogan from WWF wrestling but I'll never forget the first time I saw He-Man. I begged for an action figure for Christmas or birthday or something. Man that thing was ripped to shreds! I beat up everything with that toy lol.

So now I'm exited to hear your stories. I'm not going to comment on everyone just to keep the tread shorter but I assure you I'm kicking back and reading every one ;)

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 23
I saw Hercules in New York as a pup and wanted to be that guy

The first time for me was really when i retired and seeing the rock everywhere. i have always considered it cheating and what not even though most of my sport uses. After decided to never go back i saw the rock and said its time!

Watching Popeyes . About to eat my spinach and go look for olive oil. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a kid and watching The Road Warriors on old NWA/WCW shows. Plus Scott Steiner before he was Big Papa Pump. He was thick as fuck and jacked. Soon as I saw Steiner I said "steroids....that's for me" I was 18... I was going to start taking them and never stop. Good thing I had to wait a few years and got some education ...

Conan the barbarian, Thundar the barbarian, He man, Hulk. All my favorites was ripped so I was lifting by 6th grade.

The rifle man . Tha shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I was bouncing, already pretty strong and could fight. So these other motherfuckin bouncers I worked
with were all on the juice and looked bigger than me. I knew that most of them were pussies and just scared
people with their size. So I was like fuck this, let me try that shit.

It just came naturally with my alpha male personality and desire to be better than everyone else. even though I'm kind of a shit bag.

I was bouncing, already pretty strong and could fight. So these other motherfuckin bouncers I worked
with were all on the juice and looked bigger than me. I knew that most of them were pussies and just scared
people with their size. So I was like fuck this, let me try that shit.

Ha! Sounds familiar Mesir Smokey.

Ha! Sounds familiar Mesir Smokey.

cool :D I'd like to hear it

We had several rules back thenL

1. had to bench over 365
2. had to be at least 230 lbs
3. had to be able to carry a full half keg by yourself up this long ass flight of stairs from the basement

I think there were a few others but I forgot. All I cared about was getting a blowjob in the back from some girl
who wanted the front of the line, and collecting $300+ a night in other bribes. And fighting.....lots of fights.

this was the late 80s so cut me some slack if this doesn't sound like a lot now ;)

cool :D I'd like to hear it

We had several rules back thenL

1. had to bench over 365
2. had to be at least 230 lbs
3. had to be able to carry a full half keg by yourself up this long ass flight of stairs from the basement

I think there were a few others but I forgot. All I cared about was getting a blowjob in the back from some girl
who wanted the front of the line, and collecting $300+ a night in other bribes. And fighting.....lots of fights.

this was the late 80s so cut me some slack if this doesn't sound like a lot now ;)

if anything people are just bigger pussies now. Most bouncers I see around are just phatties.

For me , it was when i was 18yrs young and broke up w my Gf....

Broken hearth is the best motivation

A friend showed me this video of Pete Rubish, and I never looked back. There is no feeling, drug, emotion, or high in the world that beats the 30 seconds following a massive deadlift PR kicking and screaming as everyone in the gym is staring at you in disbelief. "Why would a man want to put himself through so much pain?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMOKueeNiPk

For me it started with my dad. My dad was an amateur BBer and I watched him get bigger and bigger as I grew up. I was always a scrawny ectomorph with a genetic propensity for love handles. He was too actually, but worked his ass off from the time he was like 16 or so. He was always so big and intimidating. Then one day he split and left a bunch of his books on BBing behind and I spent a lot of years reading them occasionally but not really having the means to actually lift without him being around.

He came back after a few years and I always wanted to take up lifting, but never had the resources, time, motivation, etc...I ended up spending a year in the juvie joint, lifted a little, took a Strength and Conditioning class when I got out but my diet was not on point so I didn't really make any gains. Struggled with alcoholism over the next decade and never committed to working out for longer than 2 or 3 months at a time.

A year and a half ago I got sober once and for all, but unfortunately I found out my dad developed alcoholism. He was the healthiest, most successful, and strongest person I've ever known and from the time he developed alcoholism it took only 4-5 years for it to kill him. I lost him last year after I had been back in the gym for about 3 months. I took a few weeks off to deal with the grieving process but after that I came back more committed than ever.

It was that first week I was back in the gym after my dad died, I realized that I felt more committed to this than I have ever been to anything, and that I was going to be for the rest of my life. I think I actually ordered my food scale that week too. I cried every day that I left the gym. I still do sometimes. It's my way of communing with my father, and carrying on his legacy.

Get Shredded!
For me it started with my dad. My dad was an amateur BBer and I watched him get bigger and bigger as I grew up. I was always a scrawny ectomorph with a genetic propensity for love handles. He was too actually, but worked his ass off from the time he was like 16 or so. He was always so big and intimidating. Then one day he split and left a bunch of his books on BBing behind and I spent a lot of years reading them occasionally but not really having the means to actually lift without him being around.

He came back after a few years and I always wanted to take up lifting, but never had the resources, time, motivation, etc...I ended up spending a year in the juvie joint, lifted a little, took a Strength and Conditioning class when I got out but my diet was not on point so I didn't really make any gains. Struggled with alcoholism over the next decade and never committed to working out for longer than 2 or 3 months at a time.

A year and a half ago I got sober once and for all, but unfortunately I found out my dad developed alcoholism. He was the healthiest, most successful, and strongest person I've ever known and from the time he developed alcoholism it took only 4-5 years for it to kill him. I lost him last year after I had been back in the gym for about 3 months. I took a few weeks off to deal with the grieving process but after that I came back more committed than ever.

It was that first week I was back in the gym after my dad died, I realized that I felt more committed to this than I have ever been to anything, and that I was going to be for the rest of my life. I think I actually ordered my food scale that week too. I cried every day that I left the gym. I still do sometimes. It's my way of communing with my father, and carrying on his legacy.

Damn man that was a good story thanks for sharing. And welcome to the community. My uncle used to lift to but when he quit the juice he got real depressed and now he drinks and smokes alot of dope. I think alot of older guys don't do good PCT and can get depressed cause they don't get there test back to a normal level, but who knows the truth of the matter, I sure don't. Thanks to everybody that posted in here so far I enjoy reading them.

Damn man that was a good story thanks for sharing. And welcome to the community. My uncle used to lift to but when he quit the juice he got real depressed and now he drinks and smokes alot of dope. I think alot of older guys don't do good PCT and can get depressed cause they don't get there test back to a normal level, but who knows the truth of the matter, I sure don't. Thanks to everybody that posted in here so far I enjoy reading them.

Thanks man! The food scale thing is kind of random, but I remember that being the first time I was like, "Okay if I'm going to do this right then I need the right tools..."

Back