• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What are your thoughts on this article?

npane171

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Essentially, this article challenges the calorie in/calorie out idea. It suggests that there is much more to a calorie than what we typically suspect. I found it to be pretty informative, since I've often adhered to this idea myself. I've noticed that my weight loss has pretty much stalled after losing about 60 pounds. I wanted to try and get to about 10 percent body fat, or at least in between 10 to 12, but I haven't lost much of anything in the last three months even though I've been hitting it hard. This was discouraging and I slowed down some. I've put on some weight - around 9 pounds - mostly water I think. Well, I've been real frustrated with my progress as of late. So, I came across some this article today. I was curious as to what others thought about this?

I dont see a reference to an article but I believe I recall seeing some other talk about it.

Calories in and calories out is an oversimplification of the process. Since food, or more specifically the hormonal reaction food causes, has a direct impact on what and how we burn calories. Simple carbs (ie high glycemic food) can cause the body to overreact and produce too much insulin which forces glycogen into cells (all cells including fat cells). This can deprive the body of needed energy and is counterproductive to whats needed when exercising.

Additionally, some things like high fructose corn syrup the body just doesnt understand how to handle. Its almost like an alcohol without the buzz and it can cause excess glycogen to land right on the liver. It totally throws off the normal cycle for food breakdown and has the additional effect of affecting the brain in a way that it shunts our ability to feel sated after eating a lot which leads to eating more than we normally would.

All of that being said a key element missing in most peoples diets is ample iodine/iodide(and often selenium) for the production of proper thyroxin levels. One of the best things I ever did for fat loss was simply supplement with iodine/selenium. Please not proper form is important and there are some precautions when considering it, just let me know if you want more info.

Back