• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Diagnosis? Rotator Cuff:-/

Burrfoot1313

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
He said it might be "sprained" and because I have strong shoulders I might be a good candidate for physical therapy rather than surgery.
Either way, no cycle.

I might as well get drunk and go lay in a gutter somewhere.

Nah bra just keep working those legs and abs, you can catch the rest up later. plus it would be cool to see. jk good luck tho, hope you don't go get drunk and do someone you regret.

Last time I did physical therapy there was a lot of young hotties doing the physical therapy. Of coarse they didn't fall for the " it hurts right here line".

Maybe this will make you smile Maj. I just caught it to see if it was better than two in the bush. If this doesn't make you smile I got cute kitten pics also.
IMG_20140626_164830_917_zps4e02050a.jpg

^^^^Nice Jas! ;-) Glad to hear your shoulders not a total loss Maj ... go knockout some physical therapy and get that thing healthy bro .... chances are theres some smokin hott female volleyball players in there nursing some injuries as well ;-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Maybe this will make you smile Maj. I just caught it to see if it was better than two in the bush. If this doesn't make you smile I got cute kitten pics also.
IMG_20140626_164830_917_zps4e02050a.jpg
Maj u need to do therapy atleast it isnt surgey .....Hey nice catch !!!....u an animal lover(jas)

Thanks guys. No MRI yet. He was just the PCP. I'm going to an Orthopedic surgeon next week to see how fucked up it really is. Hopefully it's not too bad.

All these years of not using good form and thinking I was young and invincible bit me in the ass

What is that?? I want one!

A baby killdeer bird. They are the ones that act like they have a broke wing if you get near their nest.

UPDIZZLE for my NIZZLES: Saw the surgeon today. SIDENOTE: He was 60+ years old and JACKED! lol

I said "Damn man! You lift huh??"

He says "Yeah, I'm a bit of a gym rat." lol Coooool ass old dude.

Anyway, he says he's pretty sure it a rotator cuff. Took some x-rays and it's not bone related. MRI scheduled for next week. Might just be inflammed. He got me a shot of Cortisone and it was awesome. The nurse was like "ok, it's not gonna hurt." I said "no shit. I inject with 20's on the reg. what's that? 23? Bring it."

HOPEFULLY no surgery and good news next week:-/

don't fap with that arm,bro!

Lol trying not too!

He did teach me something though. He said that between your pec and shoulder muscles, they are responsible for 95% of the movement and strength. Rotator tendons are only responsible for 5%.

He said it might be "sprained" and because I have strong shoulders I might be a good candidate for physical therapy rather than surgery.
Either way, no cycle.

I might as well get drunk and go lay in a gutter somewhere.

Do you do any targetted rotator cuff work? Its critical for healthy shoulders. Deep tissue work can be a big help as well along with proper nutritional content for repaire and healing.

Search manuals for baseball pitchers don't exceed 2lb for two weeks then max at 5 lb. will help. Have had and am going through same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck brother Maj..!!! Hopefully just sore and inflamed...you lucky mofo got a cortisone shot.!! :) ..I dealt with that suit for a couple yes off n on from pitching so much baseball growing up...went through PT...and it did hurt like a bitch...but after some time off I only get discomfort once in a blue moon in my pitching shoulder...hope all works out for ya bro..!!! ----peace Maj

Get Shredded!
Stop the flat bench = shoulder issues fixed. /end

I had shoulder surgery 7 years ago for Os Acromiale. I busted a piece of my acromion loose doing front squats. After open reduction and internal fixation (cut it open and screw it back on), some orthoscopic cleanup, and 10 months of rehab, I got it back to 100% and have no issues with anything I do.
But, I continue to do the rehab work to this day, its not hard or time consuming to incorporate it.

Long story short, surgery or no surgery DO THE REHAB! And you'll be fine.

And, it'll make you more conscious of your form anyway.

Stop the flat bench = shoulder issues fixed. /end

Do you recommend dumbell bench? It's my fav. Been staying away from flat bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff guys. If they recommend rehab, it'll be hard, but I'll stick to it. If they recommend surgery, I'm going on a bender.

Partial tear...significant strain. No surgery. Physical therapy. Fuck me.

Partial tear...significant strain. No surgery. Physical therapy. Fuck me.
sucks to hear, but still better than needing to be sliced and diced.

sucks to hear, but still better than needing to be sliced and diced.

this ^^^

I am getting a MRI on my shoulder this afternoon. My XRays showed a bunch of bone issues, he also thinks I might have a tear too so I would say I will be getting sliced very soon. Best of luck in getting everything back to normal.

I've had shoulder problems for years, and everyone in the gym would say rotator cuff (this was most of the gym my dad owned a golds gym so I was there a lot). I ended up making it worse by dislocating it snowboarding, and had to have surgery. The surgery was for a torn labrum ( the pad that's in the shoulder joint). They put two anchors in, and 4 months later I started lifting light. Everything was feeling stronger then ever no pain, or weakness. Well about one month after starting lifting my bro needed help moving a sixty inch rear - projection tv. No one would help it was the two of us, and we had to remove the stairs from the bulk head to fit it in the house. After that my shoulder has been fucked eversince. I'm limited to what I can do in the gym, and if I re fuck it up like last year climbing a rock wall. I then have to start from square one again lifting super light, and work my easy back up in weight. After going back to the Dr's several times they can't tell if it's re-torn, because of scar tissue. They also said it could be the easy my bi-cep tendon is riding in the groove on the head of the humerus (bicep bone head). This could aggravate the tendon causing inflammation. Thru tried giving me cortisone shots, and that cause more pain if anything. There is a way I get rid of the pain.

Going under the knife should be the last resort IMHO, once they carve ya up there is no going back. Anything but a total separation can heal on its own if allowed to.

Chornic injuries lead to permamnent damage when the injury is not allowed to repair itself. Contrary to popular beleif the old school RICE method of dealing with aches and pains IS NOT doing you any good. The healing cascade is very well documented, the stages of the cascade are critical to proper healing yet Ice, anti-inflamatories, elevation etc all REDUCE blood flow and circulation when what you need to do is INCREASE it.

Tendons and ligiments have a crazy slow cellular turnover rate of 300-500 days which means SLOW healing.

My recommendations for anyone with chronic joint pain.....

Stop doing what aggravates it! But at the same time stay mobile. The lymph system is responsible for moving a lot of damages tissue but requires muscle contractions to do its work.

NUTRITION! Chondroiten and MSM are a good start but load up on >5g of vit C a day in divided doses (ascorbic acid is cheap and all you need). Add in a couple grams of lysine and proline as well to give the body what it needs to heal. Niacin is great at improving cirulation (among many other things like cholesterol benefits). Use regular flush style and Start low and slowly build up to 1g 3x a day. Jacob labratories has pure DMSO, works great topically to reduce pain and promote blood flow.

If your in a hurry to get back to 100% find a prolotherapy doc in your area. Should be able to check http://www.getprolo.com/ to see if there are any docs by you.

Back