• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

This is pretty good ...but I bet its full of loopholes or "get a warrant"

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/supreme-court-cell-phones/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court on Wednesday unanimously ruled that police may not search the cell phones of criminal suspects upon arrest without a warrant -- a sweeping endorsement for privacy rights.
By a 9-0 vote, the justices said smart phones and other electronic devices were not in the same category as wallets, briefcases, and vehicles -- all currently subject to limited initial examination by law enforcement.
Generally such searches are permitted if there is "probable cause" that a crime has been committed, to ensure officers' safety and prevent destruction of evidence.

Sounds good over here the cops can use fucking thermal imaging cameras here on your house without a warrant and its enough to raid your arse lol. Plus apparently all internet activity is monitored :nono:

Well,the law is that anything discernable outside your domicile is fair game. Looking in windows is OK, b/c you left the curtains open. Thermal imaging is same thing, i can see heat, so all good.

The rules on "open display" searches are centred on safety to the officers and to suspects. Bags can have guns, bombs, grenades, etc. Wallets can have raxors, lockpicks, etc. Unless your ass is James bond, your cell phone doesn't have that same danger level, so no need to search it that way.

Besides getting a warrant is trivial anyway.

--Nana korobi ya oki

Does this mean I can take off my tin foil helmet?

Back