• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gym temperature

Bear205

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been having a problem lately at the gym that I wanted some input on. I'm a wrestling coach at the local high school, so I lift in the school weight room, but the football coach and myself have been butting heads lately. I think the room is usually to cold, so I shut the AC off and open the door to get some heat and fresh air in there, but the football coach says this is causing humidity to rust the bars and weight which I think is bull. So I was wondering what everyone thought a good temperature in the gym was? It's strictly free weights; no yoga or classes or anything like that. Thanks for any input.

you'll probably get some varying opinions on this. i know some people like it really hot when they work out. i've never liked heat but when I was younger i could handle it. After i had a heat stroke and my body now has problems regulating its own temperature, i need the gym to be nice and cool and prefer it that way. it definitely helps keep my core temp in check. rusting bars is a real complaint though, it pissed me off to no end at my old gym, metal plates plus rusty ass 7' bars made it an absolute pain in the ass to get plates on and off.

Unless your located in the Jungle where it's 99% humidity or literally on the beach w salt air blowing into the gym and blasting the equipment I'd say his point is bunk. It's steel weights not makeup and antique wine. Tell him to STFU and lift haha

http://www.steroidforyou.com

Below freezing. Because when jeffy walks in that bitch it turns ice cold. :coffee:

High heat and humidity.... my fight camp is old school Iowa wrestling based. We always trained in a hot environment.

Thanks guys. We're in Iowa so the humidity isn't to bad; I thought he was just being a whiny bitch. I like getting some fresh air pumping through the room lol

I live in redneck ville Indiana, very very hot and humid during the summer (100+ degrees with 100% humidity) so I always sneak into the main office and crank that bitch AC down every chance I get :winkfinger:

If the bars and plates get rusty, then you don't have to use collars. Its pretty awesome

If it's humid outside, he has a point.

If your air is very dry, he has no point.

How about just leaving the AC off, but not opening doors?

With the way school budgets are, he's probably worried about the funding to replace them in the long term/longevity.

I live in Cali so doors open temp is 78 with a breeze, if not 70 to 85 is fine I'd say for gym temp

IML Gear Cream!
That's something I complain about at my gym also . I do not like a cold gym . The last thing I want is cold air blowing down on me when I'm sweating and have my joints hot and ready to go . In the winter I check the thermostat and it is set on 67 degrees ! But you can never keep everyone happy and there are a lot of people who like it cool . I'd say about 74 is nice .

I just switched gyms and every bar is rusted. If the squat racks weren't always open I'd walk out. I can't do the hot gyms. There's a couple of awesome gyms in town but they are in warehouses and AC consists of opening an overhead door. When it's 105 and 85% humidity I can't do that shit.

That's something I complain about at my gym also . I do not like a cold gym . The last thing I want is cold air blowing down on me when I'm sweating and have my joints hot and ready to go . In the winter I check the thermostat and it is set on 67 degrees ! But you can never keep everyone happy and there are a lot of people who like it cool . I'd say about 74 is nice .
I'm actually the complete opposite... I always run hot and gear makes it worse.. I love an ice-frosty gym.

I realize I'm the exception to the rule, most people prefer moderate room temperatures.

I'm lucky, the hanager my gym is located in, is temperature controlled. Always 70 degrees fahrenheit, and 72 percent relative humidity. Some dumb nigger, I work with, is on the treadmill every morning. Who "runs" indoors, when it's 60 degrees outdoors, with fresh air?

Back