• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lifting during lunch hour?

RAINier

Super Mod McBain
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Any of you guys done it?

I have a gym a 6-7 minute walk away.

Currently doing it now.

My routines are high intensity low rest periods between sets get in do your job and get out, so 45 min sessions that are still grueling and putting in work for sure are no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 Minutes wouldnt work for me at all ...If I had more time then lunch time would be the perfect time to do it though

One hour workout is fine as long as its all work and no play!

That's crazy. Wouldn't be enough time for me... That and my gym is 30 minutes away from work..

I had alot of training partners do it over the years . The WO part was no problem especially doing one body part per day . The downside was getting the post WO meal in if you took up your lunch with training . To me if you can't get that meal in there's almost no point .

I had alot of training partners do it over the years . The WO part was no problem especially doing one body part per day . The downside was getting the post WO meal in if you took up your lunch with training . To me if you can't get that meal in there's almost no point .

Oh I agree on that note for sure.

Getting my meals in at work pre post and any other times throughout the day is no problem at all so it works out great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, did it for a year. I would take a 2 hour lunch and shower at the end of the workout. It felt great and I was refreshed when I got back to work.

IML Gear Cream!
I can eat lunch in my office afterwards.. so it's mainly about finding an effective routine that works 4-5x a week, and also fits somewhat into the time constraints:

5 minutes to get there
5 minutes back
= 10 minutes travel

2.5 minutes to change
2.5 minutes to shower
= 5 minutes prep

40 minute routine
5 minute cushion
=45 minutes

Or I could try a 1h20m-1h30m lunch and hope no one notices I'm out haha

And ideas on routines from any of the guys who've pulled this kind of setup before? Advice?

I don't lift during my lunch hour, but we have a dinky little gym here at the office with treadmills and rowers. I go on my lunch break and do 30-40 minutes of cardio, shower and then eat lunch at my desk. Then I go to MY gym right after work and lift. Lifting burns me out and makes me sweat much more than cardio. I couldn't lift and then put my business clothes back on and sit in them for 4 more hours. At least not during the summer...in Arizona.

My gym is in the hangar at work, and I don't have enough time to workout. I only get a thirty minute lunch.

Nope. No training during lunch. Usually I'll do some light cardio and eat, while fucking off on the computer.

My gym is in the hangar at work, and I don't have enough time to workout. I only get a thirty minute lunch.
Damn, who uses the gym then?

I do it every day. One body part per day for 50 min. We have a nice gym at my work so it helps. A 3 man rotation at 1 body part a day works perfect.

Not to hijack but how would you guys recommend dosing orals (dbol, drol) for a routine like this. I was thinking like 10 am work out at 11 and then the other half dose at 10pm?

Works great if you can get away with eating whenever you want at work.

I prefer my gym time to be open to last however long I want though so I don't. I often like to spend 1-2 hours lifting so I prefer to do it at the end of the day.

I used to work for 24 Hour Fitness, so I would just lift during lunch, it was awesome haha

I don't get a lunch break :(

Back