• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

intense pain down forearm

steve0311

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How's it going everyone? I just finished my first cycle a few days ago, bout to start pct in about a week and a half. For the past week ive been feeling an intense shooting pain down my forearm, especially during bench press. whenever I put the barbell down on the rack after the last rep, it seems like the dramatic decrease in pressure and weight causes a very intense shooting pain down my forearm to the point where it feels the bone is cracking. once again, its not as much when I'm doing the actual rep, but when I put the weight down is when it really hurts. My max bench shot up 100lbs. this cycle so maybe my tendons haven't developed enough to handle that weight increase. So far I've just been lifting lighter and doing things like pause reps and drop sets to compensate for not being able o lift heavy. So has anyone by any chance experienced this before?

I don't think it matters for this post but my stats are 5'10" age 25 218lbs. 14%bf and my cycle was 250mg of omnadren 2x per week for 12 weeks and aromasin 12.5mg ed

I get a similar feeling at the end of a large volume push up set. Somewhere in the 50s or 60s i get a real sharp sensation that ends in my palm. It fells like it's in the bone not the muscles or connective tissue.

take a little time off of heavy lifting. Rest and re try

How's it going everyone? I just finished my first cycle a few days ago, bout to start pct in about a week and a half. For the past week ive been feeling an intense shooting pain down my forearm, especially during bench press. whenever I put the barbell down on the rack after the last rep, it seems like the dramatic decrease in pressure and weight causes a very intense shooting pain down my forearm to the point where it feels the bone is cracking. once again, its not as much when I'm doing the actual rep, but when I put the weight down is when it really hurts. My max bench shot up 100lbs. this cycle so maybe my tendons haven't developed enough to handle that weight increase. So far I've just been lifting lighter and doing things like pause reps and drop sets to compensate for not being able o lift heavy. So has anyone by any chance experienced this before?

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had this problem and after I released my grip and opened my hands the pain was unbelievable. You need to do direct forearm work if you don't already.i read somewhere to do this and it worked. Pain is basically gone.

well thank you both for the advice. To be honest with you, I haven't done any direct forearm work this cycle just because I was pleased with what heavy deadlifting and shrugs and hammer curls were doing for them. But I understand what you mean. once the pain heals I will definitely start incorporating forearm excersises into my routine. especially so this doesn't happen again next cycle. Ill just lift lighter until he pain subsides

well thank you both for the advice. To be honest with you, I haven't done any direct forearm work this cycle just because I was pleased with what heavy deadlifting and shrugs and hammer curls were doing for them. But I understand what you mean. once the pain heals I will definitely start incorporating forearm excersises into my routine. especially so this doesn't happen again next cycle. Ill just lift lighter until he pain subsides

i never did direct work either. They never lagged behind or anything but as soon as a started doing wrist curls the pain went away. It was crazy.

I assume you don't have any hardware in your arm? I have two plates and twelve screws in my right forearm from a nasty gymnastics injury in college and I get the same feeling sometimes. For me it comes for a few weeks and then just goes away. Resting or working through it has exactly the same result so I just keep training. I still haven't figured out what brings it on but it's exactly what you described. It only happens a few times a year and I'm going through it right now and I'm just finishing up with a cut. That probably doesn't help anyone but just thought I'd throw it out there.

No I don't have any hardware in the arm but I did break that wrist 3 times and dislocated it in the past. That probably doesn't help things

My training partner has something similar. Two things helped:
1. Direct forearm work ie; farmers walks, wrist roller, crush gripper
2. Proper bar position on the hand. During any pressing movement the bar needs to rest right along the heel of the palm so that your connective tissue isn't assuming all of the burden of the weight. Check it out and also fat gripz are badass for forearms I use them on all my warmup sets

IML Gear Cream!
I already added direct forearm work to my routine now. Ive tried holding the barbell with my thumbs resting on the opposite side of the bar instead of wrapped around it. I see people doing this sometimes and I heard it's better to bench the way. It was a bit uncomfortable me but I ges ill keep trying it. Ive used fat gripz before. you can really feel them in your forearms

Hope you don't have tendonitis, steve. I've had forearm tendonitis for almost fifteen years after lifting heavy in my teens. Every heavy upper body exercise I do with a closed-grip gives me an awful pain in my forearms.

I already added direct forearm work to my routine now. Ive tried holding the barbell with my thumbs resting on the opposite side of the bar instead of wrapped around it. I see people doing this sometimes and I heard it's better to bench the way. It was a bit uncomfortable me but I ges ill keep trying it. Ive used fat gripz before. you can really feel them in your forearms

I have personally seen two suicide grip injuries. One fella broke a rib or two. Be careful with that man

I tried the suicide grip again today. Didn't really like it. It seemed like I couldn't put up as much weight. Forearm feels a lot better. I took the weekend and yesterday off and I lifted a little lighter today and didn't have any pain at all. Maybe the direct forearm work was therapeutic for it. Hopefully the pain doesn't come back but if it does than I'll jus take the next step and see a sports medicine physician

Hope you don't have tendonitis, steve. I've had forearm tendonitis for almost fifteen years after lifting heavy in my teens. Every heavy upper body exercise I do with a closed-grip gives me an awful pain in my forearms.

word for word same here ...Its not fun

Alternately, this may help: http://www.dieselcrew.com/fixing-forearm-pain-the-new-rice *see the part about utilizing the rubber band.

While any number of things could be causing the pain, it just makes sense that if you're constantly stressing your grip by doing activities that emphasize flexion, doing some work to emphasize extension might balance things out and remedy pain (in certain cases). At the very least, it won't hurt to include the above exercises, and it may in fact help.

Over use of the finger and wrist flexors. Severe facia inflammation can be brutally painful. Especially in forearms with lots of nerve endings.
Do this 2 x per day for first week then once per day for second week then every other day from now on.
2-3 sets of reverse wrist curls (wrist extension, not flexion) with a weight you can do 25reps with. Take the sets to failure and rest only 30-40 seconds. Then do reverse bicep curls for brachioradialis. 2-3 sets for 10-12.
You may want to add some finger extension exercises to. You can do this with a thick rubber band. Wrap it around finger tips and proceed to spread your fingers against the band.
This will solve those problems and prevent future issues.
The body must be prepared for heavy Training. And muscle balance is key to keep overuse injuries away. Pain is often an indicator that those muscles are working too hard for other, often weak or inhibited, muscles.

Good luck.

Ok I mean that definitely makes sense. I'll try it out. I already added wrist extension curls but I'll start doing them twice a day for a week like u said. Will also try the reverse curls and and rubber band extension. The pain is gone but I haven't really gone too hard since it went away. I'll try all of these things in hope of preventing the pain from coming back

Yea I've been doing behind the back barbell forearm curls
That movement is flexion...You probably train too much flexion as most of us do. Gripping the bar on every lift is what's likely causing the overuse issues. You need to hit wrist extension exercises at a 3 to 1 ratio to flexion.

Sit on a low seat or bench is fine and grab a 45-55 pound bar, hang your wrists over your knees and proceed to reverse wrist curl the bar. Full rom is necessary. Blast as many reps as you can, rest 30 seconds, repeat 3 more times. Do this every day until pain subsides. Then I would do it as part of prep. It will keep tendinitis if you forearms away.

I had something exactly like that (it was like a pressure release that was painful and sharp over a few seconds) when I would do barbell curls a few years back. Switched to dumbbells for a few weeks, and then took a 4-week break from straining it too much. It got better and never happened again.

Ok I'll try the extension curls over the knees. I've also been doing finger extensions with a rubber band. So far pain has been mild to nothing since I've started direct forearm work

Absolutely. I had this same prob. Wrist curlsfixed it right up. And those hand exerciser mabobs

Back