• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Should I be proud of him?

Scarsnbars

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, so my little cousin is coming to live with me for awhile. He's been in a bad place in life, and who hasn't? In trouble with the law, had a drinking problem, etc etc. Time to straighten the fuck up and be a man.

So Friday night I was talking with him on the phone, and he asked if i still was going to the gym. Well duh, of course. So i called him a skinny lil bitch, as usual.

He's 31 years old, 5'9", 158lbs,I'd guess around 10% BF, eats like shit and hasn't touched a fucking weight in over 10 years; since college. He did wrestle and run track in college though. Never touched AAS that I'm aware of.

So this little prick goes to the Powerhouse gym near his place yesterday and sends me a couple videos.

He benched 225 for 13 reps. Squats 315 for 10 reps with EASE.

Now i haven't been 158lbs since i was about 15 years old, and honestly, i don't know any grown men about this size. How are these measurements?

My cuz said he'd like to "get in shape" and "get some bitches". Yea, wouldn't we all. I'm going to enjoy murdering this fucker in the gym. Time to puke.

So let me know boys. This seems pretty strong to me but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for the input.

Some peoples muscle fibers are different I know a kid 150 pounds can deadlift almost 600.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yea i can see and count the plates in the video. These are full DEEP squats, and benches are to full lock out except the last 2.

He was a strong little shit back in college, but his diet and training ethic sucked. I tried to inform and help him back then, but the dickhead was like every other college kid and spent too much time partying and chasing pussy. Ended up getting him kicked out of school actually. That's when his life went to hell. Fell into some pretty serious depression and we didn't hear from him for about 4 years. He moved back to our old home town, but became an alcoholic.

His dad and my father were both college ball players and well built athletes in their time. So maybe we both got some decent genetics.

I'm looking forward to getting him here this week. No more fast food diets for him. My wife likes to cook, so 1 more plate at the dinner table is always a good thing. Need to get his diet and training in order first.

Brother I seen some skinny guys lift some impressive amount of weight ..seriousely I was impressed...but listen u gotta be on ur toes with ur family movin in , get pass the gym work out buddy cause I been there done that with a cousin and a brother .....,and my home was interrupted bad comin in all times of the nite and not helpin out with the chores and then gettin them on track with work is tough.....then they smoked and i said no smokin in my house so now cigarette buds out front and then when I was out and came home I smelt cigarettes in house ....ate up all mf food .....then when ur family man and ur male family members wanna bring home a girl and they have a nerve to ask its just was a bad experience for me .....:roflmao:....yo I had to tell them man u fuckin nuts ur lucky ur here lol......then there friends wanna visit i guess its cool if its rarely but not regularly ...man lets just say I wont be helpin out no one fod a long time :roflmao:....now not sayin this goin to be ur situation but ur thread just brought up memories best forgotten..............

Treat him as hard as he's willing to work. Judge a man by their character and work ethic. You'll see them work harder that way.

If he's born to a family like that with those genetics, those numbers actually could be a lot better, think about it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like he's in a rough place though, good work on helping him out.

I wish I had found powerlifting/bodybuilding when I was a kid, would've kept me out of a lot of trouble... But to answer your question, a grown man at 158lbs pushing those kinds of numbers... Hell yeah he's strong! You may have some good potential in front of you if you get his diet and work ethic in check...

Helping family is great, just keep your household together. That's the kind of thing that can really cause a lot of problems in my experience.

That is one strong 158 pounder lol

IML Gear Cream!
I think he'll be ok; but I have my worries too. Luckily, my garage/shop has a nice apartment above it, and he will be living there. I've laid out some pretty stiff ground rules and I think he understands them. He's been living in a "Recovery / half-way house" for the last 10 months. In that time he has stopped drinking, smoking and doing the occasional party drugs. His probation officer said he hasn't failed any piss tests either, so I'm happy for that. I flat out told him, if i suspect for 1 second he's fucking this up, I'm demanding he drop his pants and piss on the spot.

Luckily, he doesn't know anyone here. He won't have a car, and no access to public transport either. I guess he could try to fire up the ATV, but he'd get buckshot from a 12 gauge in the ass before he made if off the property. LOL

He's taking the bus down here Tuesday. He will have till next Monday to get relaxed, then I have him set up for a job with some good friends of mine who work construction. They'll monitor him like a hawk, and won't settle for bullshit. He's agreed to go to weekly counseling with a therapist as well. I get the feeling he's a bit depressed just realizing how much of his life he's lost already. No worries, we can get past this shit.

Honestly, I feel partly responsible. We grew up together as kids. He always looked up to me. When his mom passed away, I was already off to college, and "too busy" chasing pussy and the almighty dollar to put the time in with him. His dad (My uncle), is a nice enough guy, but a "playboy" in his own right. Wasn't around much when needed, and didn't exactly set the best example.

I don't think my cousin is a lost cause. He's overcome/working on some tough demons on his own. I know he's had the work ethic and determination in the past; and if he's like anyone else in our family tree, he needs a good kick in the ass before he's going to really do something. I'm hoping my size 12 boot doesn't get stuck in his ass; and I don't get burned on this one.

Thanks again guys.

LOL yea speaking of his natural strength, I'm surprised after talking to some friends of mine who commented about it as well. My cousin hasn't touched a weight in 10 years. Never works out. Smoked for 10 years and drank like a fish. His diet was fast food and junk food, yet the little bastard has visible abs. Not a cut 6 pack, but you can see them pretty easily.

I know he's got to have some decent genetics. Hell, he had a full ride on a track and wrestling scholarship to a Div. 1 school, so there was talent and determination there at some point. I just hope we can regain that again.

I haven't been this worried and excited in a long while.

at that age i could get away with eating like shit and not training as well until i hit mid 30s and had a growing fam and a nice reclyner...now i look like al bundy...but workin on it....

id say he is strong for his weight though and not training...

Never judge a book by its cover...well in this case...never judge a person by their size and build....sounds like a cock strong lil dude..!!!! You get him on a good diet first...training 2nd...and 3rd is up to you guys (if ya know what I mean bout 3rd one...aas)....he'll blow up something crazy and strength will be even more impressive. .!!! Your a stand up dude to take him under your wing bro...hope everything works out for the both of you..!!!! -----peace bro

Good luck! You are a good man! You might be the mentor this guy has always needed!

All I can say is this guy is extremely lucky to have you as a relative. He may be strong for his size and has good genetics, but if doesn't get on the right track he will eventually piss that away. You sir are a good man for trying to help him. Godspeed brother.

I think he'll be ok; but I have my worries too. Luckily, my garage/shop has a nice apartment above it, and he will living there. I've laid out some pretty stiff ground rules and I think he understands them. He's been living in a "Recovery / half-waySupeseast 10 months. In that time he has stopped drinking, smoking and doing the occasional party drugs. His probation officer said he hasn't failed any piss tests either, so I'm happy for that. I flat out told him, if i suspect for 1 second he's fucking this up, I'm demanding he drop his pants and piss on the spot.

Luckily, he doesn't know anyone here. He won't have a car, and no access to public transport either. I guess he could try to fire up the ATV, but he'd get buckshot from a 12 gauge in the ass before he made if off the property. LOL

He's taking the bus down here Tuesday. He will have till next Monday to get relaxed, then I have him set up for a job with some good friends of mine who work construction. They'll monitor him like a hawk, and won't settle for bullshit. He's agreed to go to weekly counseling with a therapist as well. I get the feeling he's a bit depressed just realizing how much of his life he's lost already. No worries, we can get past this shit.

Honestly, I feel partly responsible. We grew up together as kids. He always looked up to me. When his mom passed away, I was already off to college, and "too busy" chasing pussy and the almighty dollar to put the time in with him. His dad (My uncle), is a nice enough guy, but a "playboy" in his own right. Wasn't around much when needed, and didn't exactly set the best example.

I don't think my cousin is a lost cause. He's overcome/working on some tough demons on his own. I know he's had the work ethic and determination in the past; and if he's like anyone else in our family tree, he needs a good kick in the ass before he's going to really do something. I'm hoping my size 12 boot doesn't get stuck in his ass; and I don't get burned on this one.

Thanks again guys.

You know what brother....I think you have thought this out very well and put alot of time into your blueprint for helping your cousin out...SO I wanna make sure and let you know that your a TOTAL FUCKIN STUD for putting forth this effort to try to help him out.. you sound like a real stand up dude...And I think that you yourself deserves a MAJOR SHOUT OUT FOR GIVING HIM THIS OPPORTUNITY. .!!!! Good luck with everything and like u said...just keep your eyes peeled and I think your doing one of the most noble things you can do for someone who has been through what he has..!!! Super impressive of you to give him this opportunity. .!!!! on behalf of all us ASF brothers of yours...KEEP US POSTED. .!!! P.S. He will find that pounding the steel and iron is the PERFECT outlet to stay away from that bullshit addiction lifestyle...!!!! This is truly a great story to hear so far...and best wishes brother..!!!! -----peace my brother

Woah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats one strong little guy. Good luck! hope you can help him stay on the right path

Back