• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Half reppers

TBJ

:winkfinger:
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Are you one? The small dudes, like me, who pick up 100lb DBs and go down an inch on shoulder press, is that you? Is that me? Is there gains?

Are you one? The small dudes, like me, who pick up 100lb DBs and go down an inch on shoulder press, is that you? Is that me? Is there gains?

..we still love ya jeff.....

article-2563813-1BABD30400000578-22_642x815.jpg

You must not be to small if you can get them up to your shoulder level while seated......but my man jeffy its all the way down while still under tension..... you look like you are hitting them hard,LOL you alsoi look like you are ready to dance for us so break it down Jeffy........Can't touch this!!!! You guysprobably don't remember that song.LOL:roflmao:

watch phil heaths-becoming #13, i swear 80% of the reps on that DVD are half or less than reps.....

still he is the new legend so i guess it works for him...

I have to ask a big to move the 100 lbers out of my way......:coffee:

Jeffy your extra medium not small!!!

got a guy who screams all the time, puts on 405 on the bench and as soon as his elbows bend he screams and pushes it back up.

There's a difference in half repping weights because it is too heavy for them (watch kali muscle try to squat) and experienced Body builders using lighter weights but keeping constant tension in the muscle by working only in the minimal contraction and stretch zone. You will always get better gains dropping the weight down and lifting lighter weight like it was heavy, using a mind-muscle connection to move the weight, instead of just throwing it up. But most guys cant take this hit to their egos so I guess we live to strive somewhere in the middle?

good point, I do the same, I follow ben pakulsky and also rich piana said the same thing

IML Gear Cream!
My favorite is this new guy at my gym whos skinny and thinks he is slim shady. Jumps around flinging his hands up in the air like hes performing a rap song then gets on the bench and does three reps of 95 pounds. Yes a twenty five on each side. Then gets up like he just broke a record

-jwgibbons

There's a skinny fat guy always wearing his wife beater at the gym I've been going to near my job site. He quarter squats 225 on the smith machine. Well quarter is being generous he barley bends his knees. I'm like what ever. I knew the guy worked at the gym but I thought he was just a janitor. Well, seen him last week with a trainer shirt on doing some personal training session with some guy. He put the guy on the Smith machine and was like NO NO NO your going to low your gonna hurt yourself. I felt like calling this douchbag out but I just bit my tongue instead. I try not to get involved unless I'm asked.

I just don't get it. I'm more swollen thanks to tren lately but wtf? Don't strut around and mug me you little fuck. :kiss:

got a guy who screams all the time, puts on 405 on the bench and as soon as his elbows bend he screams and pushes it back up.

He's screaming because he needs stitches to fix the tear he got during the anal reaming you gave him in the locker room...

I watch guys load up more plates than you know they can lift and actually get under the bar and grunt, groan and moan like they're taking a dump...bar doesn't move.
Just once, I'd like to see one of them actually pick it up and promptly drop it on their little chicken neck.

I like the 70 year old guys doing thai chi in the middle of the gym.

Been doing sets with 20 reps. Some are partial reps but at the end of the sets the muscle group is on fire BIG time.

Back