• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stretching

countrystrong83

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I know this a sissy topic to talk about but, what are everyone's thoughts on stretching? I typically do a quick stretch before lifting and do a nice long stretch almost meditation before bed it helps me relax. I've been fortunate enough to avoid injury this way but haven't gained much flexibility. Thoughts?

Stretching is the one thing i see people dismiss as not important to overal fitness. watch plenty of fighters go down with injuries that could have easily been prevented with n increase in flexability. now that im 30 im greatful my trainer had me stretchout my whole body everyday(still do today) regaurdless of wat was on the tap for that days training. I mean i have had my share of injuries but nothing compared to wat i have seen others deal with.

stretching is one of those necessary evils, people tend to blow it off but it'll definitely prevent injury as well as elongate your muscles! Stick to dynamic stretches pre-workout then static post.

stretching is one of those necessary evils, people tend to blow it off but it'll definitely prevent injury as well as elongate your muscles! Stick to dynamic stretches pre-workout then static post.

This. I used the stretching machines at the gym today for the first time in quite a while. I couldn't even get past 45 degrees at first on the hamstring stretcher......being flexible, or lack thereof has always been one of my issues. I even stretch when I wake up and before bed and it barely helps. Ever since I started on gear I go in for weekly massages which really helps with the muscle tension on top of stretching. My reason for agreeing with mezii is that there are and have been scientific papers published that completely support that static stretching prior to lifting can increase your chances of injury, they also take away from your max lifts (not that I do those). Dynamic stretching prior to exercise or lifting has been shown to be superior while static stretching is great for already warmed up muscles.

I stretch to maintain range of motion. I also use a foam roller. The roller changed my life. I had terrible doms in my legs almost every single week until I incorporated one into my life. Now I feel great. I highly recommend getting one.

I stretch to maintain range of motion. I also use a foam roller. The roller changed my life. I had terrible doms in my legs almost every single week until I incorporated one into my life. Now I feel great. I highly recommend getting one.

I hate rollers with a passion. I won't argue their validity, I just hate them because of the pain they inflict haha

I hate rollers with a passion. I won't argue their validity, I just hate them because of the pain they inflict haha

Man, they fucking hurt but they relieve so much pain and pressure when used correctly. Like going in for deep tissue massage, hurts at first but helps in the long run with pain. I want my own roller with those big ass notches

Stretching was never part of my routine until my knee and shoulder started clicking. i now stretch during warm ups and in between sets. I even stretch while i watch tv (when i can), instead of sitting down on the couch just do some simple stretches while watching the game or something. i would take a yoga class but i cant fit it in during the day.

I stretch after every workout every muscle that I worked out I stretch it really good. If I dont keep my hamstrings stretched they will lock up on me quick and that shit hurts. I also stretch in the mornings. I am a alot more flexible than Ive been in years and I feel better to

Man, they fucking hurt but they relieve so much pain and pressure when used correctly. Like going in for deep tissue massage, hurts at first but helps in the long run with pain. I want my own roller with those big ass notches

saw a girl at the gym carrying around one of those and thought to myself "shit, she has bigger balls than i do!" :roflmao:

IML Gear Cream!
Dont remember last time i stretched .....so people do some dont ....if u do it good, if u dont u dont have too...:coffee:

I stretch for about 15 mins every morning. I'll stretch throughout the day as well, generally during lunch. I'll stretch for about 15 mins before my late evening workout, and usually again for about 15 mins before bed.

I feel it's help prevent some issues I've had from reoccurring, and overall, I feel better.

Are you kidding me? Thank god I bought one for the house because the first time I used it I was yelling through my clenched teeth and pounding my fist on the floor. It's painless now though.

Are you kidding me? Thank god I bought one for the house because the first time I used it I was yelling through my clenched teeth and pounding my fist on the floor. It's painless now though.

I guess I've never gotten past that initial pain stage then. I'll probably give it another shot soon considering how tight everything is

I guess I've never gotten past that initial pain stage then. I'll probably give it another shot soon considering how tight everything is

Once you work it out, it should be much less painful. There will always be a little bit of pain though!

I got tired of wearing them out. I bought a 6" diameter piece of PVC pipe. Roll on that if you want pain! But it works. I'd go easy on the intra workout stretching....I tore my tricep stretching on back day a few weeks ago.

I got tired of wearing them out. I bought a 6" diameter piece of PVC pipe. Roll on that if you want pain! But it works. I'd go easy on the intra workout stretching....I tore my tricep stretching on back day a few weeks ago.

Yeah, we used PVC pipe when I used to row. Needless to say I rarely used them lol

I think walmart and target now sell the rollers. The mid-evil ones with the teeth! Great on the it band but hurts at first like a mofo!

Yoga is also a great way to incorporate a flexibility routine with light strength training. Did a session on Tuesday for the first time and was sweating my ass off. They make it look so easy but it sure as hell isn't. Kinda fun watching all the chicks in the tightest clothes possible bend over in front of you too. That's always a plus! It's funny how black stretchy pants become see through when stretched to the max! Just saying.....

Rollers are amazing. My gym has shitty ones so Ill have to buy my own here soon. Been dealing with back issues since I was literally a small child (12-13) so several fucking years! Rolling makes a big difference

Get Shredded!
Mobility is necessary if you train for strength. Lifting is a game of leverages and improving positions can make a hell of a difference. It takes time and effort to become flexible but once you have it, as long as you use it and lift through a full range of motion its not hard to maintain.

Back