• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

what to do?

Mansir39

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So here i am..minding my own business..as usual..when all of a sudden out of nowhere..BOOM..I am on the floor feeling like someone gripped my spine just under my shoulder blades and twisted it..WTF.. im two weeks in on my cycle and dont need this shit.. So..my question is what do i do? do i take a few days off? do i try to go light and work through it? I really dont want to miss even one work out but am concerned that it may get worse and ruin my plans.. Just looking for some encouragement and maybe some tips from anyone who has dealt with this..

Well brother all of us can tell what we may do but bottom line is you know your body and nobody but you knows what you can or should do.
My opinion though start by taking it easy and adjust from there

i hear ya both but damn man..the doctor gonna tell me lay off the weights which i know would be the right thing..what about some resistance training?? anyone ever use it with any success? maybe i can give that a go for few days.

Bodyweight circuit training and nothing that puts pressure on the back. That's what I did last time I tweaked my back. It was a good change up to my routine anyway and I took the opportunity to lean out a good bit

You'll know pretty quickly what you can and can't do. Ease into it to test the back out

Let it rest for a few days obviously and lay off of whatever lift you were doing right before it happened for a while even after you think it's healed

Last edited:
Why do you think it happened? Any rough lifts recently, or PRs that were tough to break?

Rain idk really what happened..i cant pinpoint anything.. maybe wrong form that day or relaxed at the wrong time.. and its not constant. i can still lift things.. it when i move a certain way like twist or bend then go upright fast..i may just give in and see the doctor

UPlifted i think i will take the next few days to see how it feels..its just i had an involuntary vacation for about 15 months so i was just getting back into the every day motivation and dont want to lose any momentum..

Go see a chiropractor asap. Fuck the doctor. Get a real chiro that will grab you and twist your ass up. Not one of those new school homos. Your thoracic spine probably moved slightly and something is pinched and the muscles knotted up. Now they wont release because they are inflamed and trying to protect the spine. You need a couple 800mg motrin, a muscle relaxer and a heating pad. its happened to me many times.

low dose on the muscle relaxer. They can over relax you and cause rebound spasms. Balcofen is the king of muscle relaxers if you can get it. it works on the spinal chord not the brain. Doesn't make you feel drugged and give you a hangover.

Thinkin you right BTC. It's exactly how it feels .. I gonna give it a shot with muscle relaxer and call chiro. Thanks guys

<<<Life is too short to be small>>

Back