• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gain Muscle, Lose fat

endomorph47

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Can You Build Muscle And Lose Body Fat At The Same Time?
One question I am continually asked is, "Is it possible to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time?" My answer is an emphatic YES!

First of all, to build muscle, you must constantly overload the muscles in the gym. Heavy training is of utmost importance. Even when you are on a calorie-deprived diet to lose body fat, you must be mentally tough and continue to train heavily to preserve-and even build-muscle mass. And, back up heavy training by eating high-quality protein on a consistent basis.
To lose body fat and still gain muscle, you must really watch your diet closely. Keep your daily caloric intake below your maintenance level. When you reduce your calories, be sure to keep your diet high in quality protein. Most of your calories should come from your carbohydrate consumption. Of course, watch your fat intake.
Here is how I suggest you manipulate your carbohydrate consumption: For a couple of days, eat only vegetables for carbohydrates then go back to grains like rice, potatoes, and pasta for a couple of days. Rotate in this manner and see how quickly you start melting the fat. Because carbohydrates give you energy, this may become difficult at times. Nevertheless, it is a very effective strategy.

Good read. I may try that rotation and see how well it works when I'm cutting. In general I've always just done several weeks of very low carbs, and then integrated low glycemic carbs once I'm starting to plateau.

im definitely going to try this rotation. I usually alos just go low on the carbs for a couple of weeks while cutting. Good info

Diet and the whole metabolic process of the body is always fascinating. Trying to hone in on the body is like aiming at a moving target. Just when you think you got it zeroed in it moves and what worked last time doesn't seem as effective the next time. That is because the body is always changing. The body has its own feed back mechanisms and is always trying to stay in balance for optimum health. It is all about survival. The other thing is, everyday we get older and older and then there is gravity with its constant force of pulling and holding everything down 24/7. Body Building, Lifting Weights, Dieting ... It is all about Control and Self Control. It takes a lot to stay on a path that only by the fire of your will can you create / sculpt a physique that is strong, aesthetic and healthy. My hat is off to anybody and everybody that is willing to get off their butts and get to a gym and work toward a life of self improvement. When you think about it ... Muscles are designed to push and pull and that is the simple concept behind resistants training. Like the old adage says ... use em or lose em. No one has to get old before their time and thank God more and more people are beginning to understand that and actually are doing something about it. The Iron Age is here to stay. :)

Can You Build Muscle And Lose Body Fat At The Same Time?
One question I am continually asked is, "Is it possible to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time?" My answer is an emphatic YES!

First of all, to build muscle, you must constantly overload the muscles in the gym. Heavy training is of utmost importance. Even when you are on a calorie-deprived diet to lose body fat, you must be mentally tough and continue to train heavily to preserve-and even build-muscle mass. And, back up heavy training by eating high-quality protein on a consistent basis.
To lose body fat and still gain muscle, you must really watch your diet closely. Keep your daily caloric intake below your maintenance level. When you reduce your calories, be sure to keep your diet high in quality protein. Most of your calories should come from your carbohydrate consumption. Of course, watch your fat intake.
Here is how I suggest you manipulate your carbohydrate consumption: For a couple of days, eat only vegetables for carbohydrates then go back to grains like rice, potatoes, and pasta for a couple of days. Rotate in this manner and see how quickly you start melting the fat. Because carbohydrates give you energy, this may become difficult at times. Nevertheless, it is a very effective strategy.

I just went to a NASM conference yesterday where it was discussed that new science shows it IS possible, following what you have said. The only exception I would say is for Competing Bodybuilders. They need a mass/cut phase cycle to get where they need.

Back