• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

T-minus one week til humalog....

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
First I'd like to thank those that offered advice and participated in my "post insulin shake ingredients thread". You all were very helpful. As of right now I am just waiting on my novo pen needles which I missed the goddamn UPS guy so they wont be back til Tuesday cause of the long weekend. Also waiting on my glycofuse. Have everything else on hand. Novolog pen arrived today.
I will be running only up to 8-10 iu post workout. Guaging 8 or 10 obviously on what I feel I can handle. I had considered doing like 4iu with breakfast but as it is I need to switch my training to 10 a.m. as opposed to 8-9pm like it currently has been forever because I dont need any lingering effects offering up surprises when I am sleeping at 1am. This way there will be 12-14 hrs from post workout time until I go to bed.
Will have glucose tabs on me at all times just incase. I may run 5 weeks as the first week will be a taper up week. I was reading that some guys continue to take slin until their morning glucose starts going up. I wont be doing this. But maybe just the extra week until I get to peak dose. It will all be based on how I feel though.
Again..it comes down to how I am feeling and what I feel I can handle but I'd like to get some opinions on a starting dose and a taper up rate? I'm thinking 3iu to start then 5, then 6 then 8 then 10 if need be.
FWIW I'm also running 600mg test C, 450mg tren E(only 1 week into changing over from 4 weeks of tren ace) may drop tren to 300mg wk as I am suspecting it is what is jacking the shit out of my liver values which never ever move.

In on this. You are gonna love the slin bro. I ran up to 10u preworkout and loved it. I'll be following along to see how you like it.

Might end up being two weeks. I was stretching Thursday night during back. grabbed railing and stretched and got a pop in my tricep on the inside of the long head. Today there is a quarter sized spot that is sore to the touch and I noticed that there is a faint yellowish bruise. Really have to look to see it. I sent a pic to my PT and he said its probably a very very mild tear. At the least its a bunch of torn fibers. I can flex my tricep and barely feel it. I can stretch and were it hurt yesterday it doesn't today near as much. So whatever it is, is real mild. Fortunately I am over 5 weeks back into Ipam and have 30mg of TB500 coming Tuesday.

thank god you switched to a post protocol. :)

For a first real attempt I had no intention of trying pre workout. The science behind it is very sound and makes sense but I'm sticking with post.

You are right brother, safest way to go...i am going to be following you my man. Damn looking back I first ran it 19 yrs ago and not really since then, grew like a weed. 3IU is good to start, I started at 4iu then went up 2iu every workout day and I was working out every week day! 4iu,6iu,8iu then 10iu.10 iu didn't feel the best so I backed down to 8iu and that was good for me. Good luck bro..

Getting ready for contest I may do a short run myself of Nova.If you ever need any in a pinch let me know I will check on a price and get it to you, lets just say I can get Nova any time,LOL

For a first real attempt I had no intention of trying pre workout. The science behind it is very sound and makes sense but I'm sticking with post.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've swore you were considering a pre or intra protocol when you first mentioned your curiosity? Post is def the way to go, creates a shuttle for your post workout meal directly into those cells.

Yea RFJ, definately post is the way to go, the body is starving and will suck up everything you pump into it ...to a point!! As long as your diet the rest of teh day is lean and mean!!

Thanks Heavy. I've actually read that before. My post workout shake will be

20g peptopro
10g micronized creapure
10g instanized leucine
10g glutamine AKG
10g aminolast
Along with the appropriate amount of glycofuse per slin dose.

I was intending on working up to at least 8iu before dropping the carbs to 70, 60, ect.

IML Gear Cream!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've swore you were considering a pre or intra protocol when you first mentioned your curiosity? Post is def the way to go, creates a shuttle for your post workout mealfull ng ectly into those cells.

Who me? Yeah I was considering it but was never really sold on it at this point. I have a hard enough time not falling over from glycogen depletion as it is now at the end of training let alone trying to keep from going hypo and falling on my face.

You're gonna love the slin.
I don't know if 4-5 weeks will be enough to make a very big difference though.
I understand wanting to take it slow and see how you respond. My first slin run was like 6 weeks and then I went right back to it for like 16 weeks...
Now I'm running 15iu in the AM 7 days/wk and another 15iu PWO 5 days/wk.
I've tried PreWO but no matter how much I eat, how many carbs I take in, as soon as I start to sweat I go hypo.
I can't even take it Pre mowing the lawn without going hypo...talking 38 on the glucometer last time.

As far as the pens go, I've stopped using them myself. I still get Humalog or Novolog pen refills but use regular slin pins. The stopper in the end of the vial is silicone and will handle all the pokes you give it. With the pens, you lose 1-2 iu's priming and another few iu's at the end...they never empty out all the way through the pens.

Take care of that tricep.
I'll be checking back on your progress...have a safe slin run, my friend.

^^^ As I mentioned I read that some guys keep going until their morning glucose rises like 5 points or so then they stop and recover. On the pen, are you saying I could/should just remove the cartridge? If you tell me how to do it, i'll do it. The pen needles weren't that expensive so I'm not worried about not using them. I have 1,000 slin pins coming Tuesday because the wife and I are both using Ipam 2xED so its not like slin pins would be an issue. I just thought the pen would be easy cause I wouldn't have to carry a loaded slin pin with me and keep it in the car. Unless it'll fit in one of those travel tooth brush holders or something?

You're gonna love the slin.
I don't know if 4-5 weeks will be enough to make a very big difference though.
I understand wanting to take it slow and see how you respond. My first slin run was like 6 weeks and then I went right back to it for like 16 weeks...
Now I'm running 15iu in the AM 7 days/wk and another 15iu PWO 5 days/wk.
I've tried PreWO but no matter how much I eat, how many carbs I take in, as soon as I start to sweat I go hypo.
I can't even take it Pre mowing the lawn without going hypo...talking 38 on the glucometer last time.

As far as the pens go, I've stopped using them myself. I still get Humalog or Novolog pen refills but use regular slin pins. The stopper in the end of the vial is silicone and will handle all the pokes you give it. With the pens, you lose 1-2 iu's priming and another few iu's at the end...they never empty out all the way through the pens.

Take care of that tricep.
I'll be checking back on your progress...have a safe slin run, my friend.

First time I went hypo was while mowing the lawn, got the front done and almost all of the back and realized I was shaking and not feeling right so I went inside and slammed powdered poweraid like five scoops..... 21 grams of carbs per scoop. If I didnt stop mowing when I did I think I would have collapsed.

-jwgibbons

As for the tricep, yeah....I'm so fucking pissed. Its just one little quarter sized slight discoloration. Hurts to touch there but no where else. I killed bi's tonight. Also did two light high rep slow sets of rope press down in the beginning to flood some blood in the area. Didn't bother it. barely felt the area. Tried one more at the very end just to see how it felt but the whole arm was too pumped so it was creating pressure on the spot. I can reach up and touch the middle of the back of my neck with no pain, reach around and put the back of my hand in the middle of my back with no pain. Can bend my arm with my fist next to my ear and push the elbow into something and use my bodyweight to really stretch the tri and that doesn't hurt either. Just pull stretching. I'm taking this week off minus legs, abs, maybe cable flys. basically if I do something that makes me feel the area I stop. TB500 cant get here soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

First time I went hypo was while mowing the lawn, got the front done and almost all of the back and realized I was shaking and not feeling right so I went inside and slammed powdered poweraid like five scoops..... 21 grams of carbs per scoop. If I didnt stop mowing when I did I think I would have collapsed.

-jwgibbons

I use a rider ;)

^^^ As I mentioned I read that some guys keep going until their morning glucose rises like 5 points or so then they stop and recover. On the pen, are you saying I could/should just remove the cartridge? If you tell me how to do it, i'll do it. The pen needles weren't that expensive so I'm not worried about not using them. I have 1,000 slin pins coming Tuesday because the wife and I are both using Ipam 2xED so its not like slin pins would be an issue. I just thought the pen would be easy cause I wouldn't have to carry a loaded slin pin with me and keep it in the car. Unless it'll fit in one of those travel tooth brush holders or something?

Are your Novopens pre-loaded, use them and toss them? or are they refillable?
If they're not refillable I don't recommend trying to remove the cartridge because you could break it in the process.
I buy the 3ml (300iu) refill cartridges and just use them as regular vials.
As you draw out the insulin with the syringe, the stopper at the other end of the cartridge moves down, no need to inject any air (which I never do with any vial of anything anyway).
With the pens, you're supposed to prime them before each injection which wastes some slin and you never get it all out of the cartridge at the end.
The pen needles are cheap...cost isn't the issue, I just don't like to waste perfectly good insulin.
You may be able to draw the insulin out of the pen with a syringe.

If you do decide to use regular slin pins make sure they're U-100 syringes (100 iu per ml).
The rapid acting insulin (Novolog and Humalog) are U-100 as is most insulin these days.
There are still U-40 and U-50 slins and syringes to match.
If you use the wrong syringe you could get a double dose or worse...
This is info you may already know but maybe not everyone reading this does.

yeah its a pre loaded novolog flex pen. The rubber stopper is exposed though IIRC. I have to look again. Couldnt I just draw out of that? I will have to see if its refillable. Not sure.
Pin wise I only use .5ml 50 unit ones. U100 of course. I dont like the 1ml slin pins where I always have to remember each tick mark is 2iu.
So if the stopper is exposed like i'm thinking then I should just draw from it and screw the pen needles?

yeah its a pre loaded novolog flex pen. The rubber stopper is exposed though IIRC. I have to look again. Couldnt I just draw out of that? I will have to see if its refillable. Not sure.
Pin wise I only use .5ml 50 unit ones. U100 of course. I dont like the 1ml slin pins where I always have to remember each tick mark is 2iu.
So if the stopper is exposed like i'm thinking then I should just draw from it and screw the pen needles?

It should have a cap over it

Yeah a cap that you have to remove to use the pen. But exposed in the end is a rubber stopper. It also says prefilled on it.

Paranoid, I decided to use your input and run the novo 8 weeks. Pending of course my morning glucose reading not going up. Which was another question...how much can the morning glucose reading go up before its time to stop and recover? 8 days later(tonight) I did full on tri's tonight with about 80% weight I usually use. No issues. Going to feel things out for the next two weeks and try and be full speed before I get going with the novo. I'm going to just draw out of the stopper on the end of the pen.

Get Shredded!
My morning glucose is about 115. If it gets to 125 I'll back off.
I'm down to 5iu in the AM.
I'm now running 15iu PWO. I'm working out around 1:30-2:00 PM for 1.5-2.5 hrs. Doing abs every day now after my muscle group for the day...today was chest/calves.
No Pre WO slin for me...ever.
If I know I'll have to WO earlier than 1:00 PM I won't dose slin in the AM.
I'm still running 100-500mcg of GHRP-2 and 100mcg of Mod Grf 1-29 3x/day and IGF-1 LR3 (non WO days) and IGF-1 EC (MGF) PWO 50mcg in muscles worked bi-laterally (all CEM, of course) along with all the AAS I'm on at the moment.
Blood glucose is an issue when running slin and IGF-1. I use a lot of dextrose PWO and I'm sitting at 40% carbs (macros for WO days). Drop carbs to 30% on non WO days and check blood sugar very frequently.
I'm a damn pin cushion right now (we've all been there).

Sorry this post is kind of rambly...been a long day and I'm doing like six things at once right now.

My glucose in the a.m. is like 85-88. So give it ten points then? I'm planning on eating breakfast at 8a.m. and working out at 9-9:30 ish. Otherwise I cant train until at least 5pm and 5-8 is mega faggot hours at my gym. Id roid rage and end up in jail. 8pm is my normal time. But I need to get to sleep by midnight....so slin at 9pm and sleep at midnight isnt going to work.

I try to get to they gym around 1:30 (flexible schedule) that way I miss the lunch hipsters and I'm done before mega faggot hours.
I wouldn't dose slin in the AM if you're working out an hour or two after breakfast.

I'm eating by 6-6:30 in the morning and dosing right before I eat.
A shake two hours later and then a light lunch 30-45min preWO.
A shake with yogurt, peanut butter, quick oats and 50-60g of dextrose and another 5g of malto PWO.
If I start to go hypo PWO after the the shake I down a Mountain Dew (46g carbs...all sugars)...doesn't happen often but I do like my Dew...actually, I usually chow down a couple bananas instead of the Dew. I'm down to one Dew a day...my only vice unless you count AAS and training.

I keep Gluco paste (that nasty shit in plastic tubes) in the truck and my backpack just in case...I've never needed it though.

I do OK with 7-8g of carbs per iu of slin but at 10g my recovery is super fast and I'm dropping body fat so I'm not storing any excess carbs as fat.

The earliest I could train non mornings would be like 5-5:30pm. This gets me dosing slin at 7pm or before. I could stay up till 1 or 2am and still wake up at 9 and deal with that schedule if you think it will be infinitely better than eating breakfast, training and dosing early??

Wait....I may have misunderstood....I'm not dosing slin pre breakfast. I'd just be eating, waiting, training, dosing. Would this be bad?

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing.
You don't need to dose slin pre breakfast...it's an option, not a must-do.

Just make sure you take in enough carbs after dosing.
I like dextrose because of the glycogen replenishment...the slin just helps it along.
Probably 1/3 of this 18lbs I've gained in the last three weeks is due to the slin, IMO.
I've also dropped 3-4% BF so I've gained more than 18lbs but some is bloat/fluid retention (not much bloat though, due to BP meds/diuretics).

I'll be using glycofuse. Basically peptide delivered carbs. yeah I think you were thinking for a sec that I was going to dose pre breakfast then workout and dose again. Just PWO. So I will stick with breakfast and workout 90 min later and post dosing.

So today was the day. Popped my Humalog cherry. Chest day. Went in one of the private showers after a pinned just a hair over 3iu. In my quad....and of course right into a blood vessel or vein or something. You cant aspirate with a slin pin anyways since they don't have enough suction. Not that I was going to aspirate with it anyways. Pulled out and bled all over. I thought sweet, how much slin did I lose. But on the plus side if it went right in a vein then in this instance it was a good thing. Immediately downed my shake. Hung around for about 5 min then went out to my car. Checked my glucose at about 10 minutes and it was 81. Went home with my timer running. At 40, 45, and 50 min I was like seriously....I must have bled out most of it. Then at 52 min I was like whoa...... checked again and it was 59! Time to eat. Slammed my food and rechecked about 10 min after eating and it was 90. Didn't feel the need to eat another hour later like some guys do. so at my usual 2.5 hr eating mark I checked and it was 71. Just ate. Dosed at 6:20 pm will be staying up til at least 1:30 am. That gives me at least 7 hrs. Jumping to 5iu tomorrow and training much earlier.

Just a quick note, I checked at 2am just a sec ago and it was just under 8 hrs and it read 75. No bad. But low by 10 for my normal. Can I expect this through out? Having two slices of Ezekiel with a tbsp. PB and a scoop of carnivore and shooting my Ipam and going to bed

I'm up for a minute. Going back to sleep in a sec but checked after sleeping 5 hrs and it's 69...wtf?

Yeah a cap that you have to remove to use the pen. But exposed in the end is a rubber stopper. It also says prefilled on it.

You can draw from it with a slin pin. Just insert into the mesh looking part.

Back