• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Need a new

Mp5navy187

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I need A trade got a grant for a tech school and i have no idea what I wanna do something outside the fitness field....:thinking: Feel free to chime in...

Big shortage of certified welders on the west coast. I have heard some certified welders make 100k with over time per year.

Good auto painter brings 60k-100k a yr in a dealership. not ball breaking work.can do some shit on side and make a lil extra $.if cars are your thing that's the way to go.

Weld construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Welding is a great trade! We have a weld school built in our plant. Plus it's fun to me. I don't get to weld much since I began running the project t but I still keep my guys in check on their welds.

Welding is a great trade! We have a weld school built in our plant. Plus it's fun to me. I don't get to weld much since I began running the project t but I still keep my guys in check on their welds.

Put in enough time as a welder and you can study to be a welding inspector. The test is really hard and most fail it the first time. Big demand and money for those guys.

ASME B31.3 PROCESS PIPE WELDING Certification. You will be able to find a job anywhere. Fresh out of school, i pay these guys 70k-ish, if they are any good. They usually work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. There is always tons of field work as well as sitting at a booth welding. Now dont get me wrong, tough(hot) work for 2 weeks but then 2 weeks of vacation. If you go into it with the mind set of being a weld inspector, as someone else stated, 5 -10 years down the road you will be on easy street...

you'd be the guy that everyone hates to see walk through the shop

Anyone know of any good welding schools in so cal? It sounds awesome. Done a little bit of it as a union carpenter years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What about anything involving the gas or electric company. Electrician make good money traveling to fix damage power line from bad weather. The bad side is that their is a lot of overtime, traveling, long work hours and no time for the gym, but the money is great.

Hmm alot of welding feedback gonna have to look into it that and maybe the medical field working in the hospital of some sort.... @26 time get serious about life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I was a welders helper, and the main guy welded gas pipes and it was scary as hell, but he made bank! It was long hard hours, 4 am till 6 pm and some times later....i did not want to work those crazy hours, it was his life!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I work in an oil field two weeks on two weeks of, love every bit of it! If I had a grant for training there are tons of options and don't get me wrong welders make good money but it can be hot and dirty. I personally would look into fire and gas inspection, crane operating(huge shortage on the west coast), electricians will be needed forever, process technology, or as mentioned above CNC machining. All rather clean available options with years of potential work. Look at the long term and how things will affect ur body after 40 yrs of doing it. Good luck on ur search

Eat. Sleep. Lift. Repeat

Get Shredded!
Underwater welder, think it would be pretty awesome and money should be outrageous especiallycontracting to the gov't /military. Gov't over pays for everythign!LOL.....

Got that right about the govt.worked at an army base as a automotive painter and made some bank .was only 24.@ the time and made more than people double my age..

You are young now and can do anything you want, but someday it won't be that way. A bit of fatherly advice, think about your body and what you will be able to do with it in 20+ years. Find a career that has a future making a living using your brain, not your back.

You are young now and can do anything you want, but someday it won't be that way. A bit of fatherly advice, think about your body and what you will be able to do with it in 20+ years. Find a career that has a future making a living using your brain, not your back.

My mom has told me the same thing she would like to see in the medical filed as tech...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Your mom is a smart lady. Working side by side with good smelling, hot nurses wearing lingerie under their scrubs.......or.......stinking, ass rot, sweaty welder men......hmmmm
Mother always knows best.

Your mom is a smart lady. Working side by side with good smelling, hot nurses wearing lingerie under their scrubs.......or.......stinking, ass rot, sweaty welder men......hmmmm
Mother always knows best.

This^^^ took me a looong time to realize that mommy always knows best.

Back