• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Chicken thighs!!?!?!?!?!

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Come in skinless boneless packs

About half the price as breasts

Same protein content per oz (really close at least)

little bit more fat (who cares)

Why aren't people eating more fucking thighs?

Come in skinless boneless packs

About half the price as breasts

Same protein content per oz (really close at least)

little bit more fat (who cares)

Why aren't people eating more fucking thighs?

B/c of the faint tuna smell.

--Life is a box of chocolates. Lick all the nuts.

I Don't like all the extra connective tissue type shit you get with the thighs. They do taste good though.

That's the only chicken I buy.. Skinless boneless thighs. Pan fry in olive oil with pepper, adobo, onion powder, garlic powder, & cilantro leaves.

That's the only chicken I buy.. Skinless boneless thighs. Pan fry in olive oil with pepper, adobo, onion powder, garlic powder, & cilantro leaves.
This^^^^^^^. Exactly what I do minus the adobo

Boneless/Skinless thighs are way better than chicken breast. They are typically cheaper and taste way better. Personally I just trim any visible fat from them which helps to bring down the fat content somewhat.... Its not even that bad really anyway, like 4g per 4oz.

Dido,who knew,I cook mine in the oven. It's close to 10lbs, 375 for 45 min. I douse them with a variety of spices & rip 'em up over rice or boiled baby potatoes YUMO!!! Some say they have more fat, but I'm not getting fat on them so way better than breasts. Chicken breasts if I want to really get my body fat low,so ya thighs!

They're great in crock pot recipes.

Warrior

This x2...

I add thighs to all my slow cooker meals..... the base is breast but thighs give a great flavor. Plus they are always on sale so it helps the meal budget.

And if cooked properly thigh meat makes an excellent addition for bland on the go meals.

Not really sure about this whole price thing.. I Shop at BJs which is a wholesale club here. I get about 7lbs of chicken breast for $12 bucks. They don't sell chicken thighs in bulk there, but at the grocery store they sell 8-10lb packs for $7.99. Problem is, you get like 4lbs of chicken if that after you get rid of the bones.

If you're buying chicken goto a wholesale club in the area if you have one, it's worth the membership.

Me too, buy the big bags of boneless chicken thighs and 91% lean ground beef for protein, Costco is a good place to stock up on bulk items!! The breasts are just to dry for me to be choking down throughout the day at work.

Me too, buy the big bags of boneless chicken thighs and 91% lean ground beef for protein, Costco is a good place to stock up on bulk items!! The breasts are just to dry for me to be choking down throughout the day at work.

Typically I'll make all the chicken up, cut it into little cubes and put lime juice, taco/fajita seasoning, and premake the meals for the week. I'll throw in some hot sauce for taste, it does get dry as the week progresses though. I'll toss some water on it before I heat it up, def helps out.

My problem is.. Sodium. Man, those bags of chicken breast are FILLED with sodium. Chicken in general is horrible with it, I eat one meal and my sodium intake is gone for the day. I'm fucking bloated 24/7

wow!here we have 8 € for 1 kg...it means 10-11 $ for just a little more than 2 lbs :wits::wits:

Yeah that fucking sucks.. I wouldn't be eating chicken then. lmao

I could have saved a shit ton of money if I knew about thighs earlier...to be honest I didn't even realize they made boneless/skinless packs until I saw them on the shelf a couple weeks ago. Thats when I saw the price is about half of what chicken breasts are so I was like fuxxxx!!! lemme get some.

Now I know I can buy 2 family packs of thighs for about $12 and that will make 10 of my pre-prepped meals. (more now that I'm not on cycle anymore and can start cutting the ridiculous amounts of protein down)

Get Shredded!
Thighs are great. A lot of places, the skinless/boneless thighs are more than breasts (with skin and bone). But if it's between b/s breasts and thighs, thighs win hands down. Unless you're that crazy about keeping your calories low...

What's with this skinless/boneless nonsense? :thinking: The bone flavors the meat as it's cooking (my wife would be the first to point this out, she's a bit of a chef). And skin, I ain't afraid of no skin--it's meat candy, is all. On a related note, I find there's a difference in flavor between the generic brands carried in chain stores and the "premium" stuff they carry; I swear it's not my imagination, the generic thighs just have a, I don't know, stanky odor/taste to them. I mean, thighs have more of an oily or gamey quality to them, for sure, but this is something different. I'll spend a little more on the thighs farmed from smaller operations when I can, provided it's still in bulk.

What's with this skinless/boneless nonsense? :thinking: The bone flavors the meat as it's cooking (my wife would be the first to point this out, she's a bit of a chef). And skin, I ain't afraid of no skin--it's meat candy, is all. On a related note, I find there's a difference in flavor between the generic brands carried in chain stores and the "premium" stuff they carry; I swear it's not my imagination, the generic thighs just have a, I don't know, stanky odor/taste to them. I mean, thighs have more of an oily or gamey quality to them, for sure, but this is something different. I'll spend a little more on the thighs farmed from smaller operations when I can, provided it's still in bulk.

I don't like paying for the bone, skin, and extra fat they pad regular thighs or breasts with. I also don't know how much chicken will be edible once in remove the bone.

--Life is a box of chocolates. Lick all the nuts.

thighs are awesome in gumbo and jambalaya too!!!!

I usually switch up between breasts and thighs. A little adobo and just throw them on the grill. Not as dry as breast can be.

I eat more chicken thighs than probably anyone I've ever met. lol
I grill about 5-6lbs at once and eat them for lunch everyday. Gets old but if this was easy everyone would be doing it.

I use them and some friends of mine from the gym as well, it's a good thing and it's much cheaper

Back