• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Loss of power in chest?

Engodkaka

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yo fellatios!

Just finnished PCT after a 10 weeks Test E, Tren A, Adrol 50 cycle (2 w kickstart) .
Now... I've lost all strenght in Chest? Gone from repping 130kg to almost accomplish ONE on 120kg. Tho triceps are stronger, and everything else is the same or better.
Just chest.....
Gone from training chest 2 times a week to 1 for checking if it's overtraining but it seems to get worse.

Any idea what to do?

Yo fellatios!

Just finnished PCT after a 10 weeks Test E, Tren A, Adrol 50 cycle (2 w kickstart) .
Now... I've lost all strenght in Chest? Gone from repping 130kg to almost accomplish ONE on 120kg. Tho triceps are stronger, and everything else is the same or better.
Just chest.....
Gone from training chest 2 times a week to 1 for checking if it's overtraining but it seems to get worse.

Any idea what to do?

Assuming no injuries, it might just be because you're off. Upperbody strength was always the most dramatically improved by AAS, but first to decrease when off.

Unless your a power lifter try and block the weight/pounds out of your mind. It truly is a mind game. Focus on the fill and intensity. Maintain your proper nutrition and push through it. The amount of weight you lift is truly irrelevant! No one will ever know except YOU. Remember the goal of hitting the gym is to fill the muscle with as much blood as possible with intensity. Now if that can be accomplished with lighter weight, then so be it. Also just coming off of your cycle, may be a good time to let your joints heal a little and then pick it up again when you start your next cycle.

What does your typical chest workout look like? And just out of curiousty how is your back training/development?

It's PCT! Keep up the nutrition and training. Less reps, but keep the intensity high. Keep cortisol low.

next time you come off a cycle try taking one 10 d-bol a day until your next cycle. are you still eating and training the same as you where when you where on a cycle? you may also want to add eq to next cycle you keep a good amount of your gains

I go back to 5x5 after a blast. I do it for the psychology. I know I lose some strength, but it's not in my face because on cycle I was using higher reps. Keeps me training and making some progress when I don't feel on, then maybe GVT where the weight seems dumb when I load the bar. Maybe there's a better way, but this is simple enough and fun enough to work for me.

Cheers alot guys! True it is a mind game, that is also why i get pissed of haha. But yes i will try to get that out of my mind.
I get enough food BUT i do play with fast sugars and unhealthy fats alot, i have an extremely fast metabolism so i can't realy gain any fat. But it might still fck up my blood sugar/ cortisol.
I also drink alot of pWo and red bulls, been doing that since 12 so not sure there.

I do shift my training routines when i start standing still. I shifted again as of last week. This is now. Going 3-4 exercises for each muscle group, 12-15reps, 4set each.
Last schudule was Chest, Triceps at Monday and Saturday, worked as long as i was on with that little apart. And i was going for a max on base (like benchpress, military press, squats etc) and after
press out the same as above but 6-8 reps, 3 sets every time.
Monday - Shoulders, Biceps
Tuesday - Lower body
Wednesday - Chest, Triceps
Thursday - Off
Friday - Back
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Cardio or a superset
Abs every second day.

Normal chest exercise is.
Always start with straight bench. Warming up and going for one max, which now is 120kg, 1 rep. After that i go down to 110 and do 6x3.
After going for a incline dumbbell 12-15reps, drop it and go straight for flyes same same. 3 sets each.
As fourth exercise i either pump out at cables or machine flyes to get the blood in til it hurts.
Later triceps....

As of back, that's my strong part, always loved back training and im pretty good at it. So i never miss a muscle.

If any of you guys do have a great shedule then please share. Right now i've done so many for so many years and this one i've been doing have given me the most.
Sux that it stopped.

It truly is all a mind game at the bigger %s. The fact that you told yourself you are losing chest strength just made yourself completely lose chest strength. Visualize the lift being performed correctly before you wheel in, and scream UPPPP if you have to. However someone else it in on the head, upper body is first to increase, first to decrease. But remember, you are losing muscle mass, you can keep the strength if you want to. Its all in the nervous system, how can 120 pound guys deadlift 500 pounds? How can mothers pick cars off their daughters? It's all a mindgame and intensity rules the day.

You could also try laying off the flat a bit, and switching to decline. This is going to produce a lot more hypertrophy which will improve your confidence during the bigger %s. That is why 5x5 or 5/3/1 can be very productive during post pct times because it really isn't about the structure of these rep schemes, it is the fact that it allows you to become daily comfortable with bigger weights, and feel "at-home" with the 80-90% of 1rmaxes. . Good Luck!

If you bodybuilding and not powerlifting leave ego at gym door and lift adequately. Listen to your muscles not your brain. We control the weight it doesn't control us.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It truly is all a mind game at the bigger %s. The fact that you told yourself you are losing chest strength just made yourself completely lose chest strength. Visualize the lift being performed correctly before you wheel in, and scream UPPPP if you have to. However someone else it in on the head, upper body is first to increase, first to decrease. But remember, you are losing muscle mass, you can keep the strength if you want to. Its all in the nervous system, how can 120 pound guys deadlift 500 pounds? How can mothers pick cars off their daughters? It's all a mindgame and intensity rules the day.

You could also try laying off the flat a bit, and switching to decline. This is going to produce a lot more hypertrophy which will improve your confidence during the bigger %s. That is why 5x5 or 5/3/1 can be very productive during post pct times because it really isn't about the structure of these rep schemes, it is the fact that it allows you to become daily comfortable with bigger weights, and feel "at-home" with the 80-90% of 1rmaxes. . Good Luck!

Switched to incline today on bench and dumbs and went on 15 rep, 4 sets in 4 exercises for chest total. Felt great! Pumped to the max but didn't lift heavy at all but surely enough with all that burn and scream for one more rep to succeed.
I will follow all of you guys advices for the next couple of months. I havn't lost size so that mental part is steady as of now. Just strength.

Thanks alot! I rly appreciate it! This is why ASF is the best forum i've been to, great help and inspiration from great people "kissing ass"

Back