• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Caffeine Post Workout

Luke Dog

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was woundering what everyones thoughts were about drinking caffeine after a workout. I go to the gym before going to work. This said, I usually have a couple cups of coffee when I get to work so I can muster through the day. Not sure if there is any issues with caffeine post workout. I did find a study online about this, but the study used a high dose of caffeine on their subjects and it did have positive effects when accompanied with some carbs. The affects for lower dosages of caffiene is not clear and that is where my intake of caffeine is at. The link is posted below. Anyone else have any imput on this or ever hear of any negative issues with caffeine post workout? Currently not doing any AAS if that makes any difference at all.

http://www.the-aps.org/mm/hp/Audiences/Public-Press/For-the-Press/releases/Archive/08/24.html

I follow Charles Poliquin pretty closely, After a Workout your job is to bring down cortisol and recover as quickly as possible. Caffeine will keep cortisol levels high after a workout.

I follow Charles Poliquin pretty closely, After a Workout your job is to bring down cortisol and recover as quickly as possible. Caffeine will keep cortisol levels high after a workout.

Thanks, I guess I need to research cortisol more and try to figure out how long it takes to get back to a normal range before drinking any coffee. Appreciate the feedback.

Back