• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

2-3 weeks without gym

zyaly

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Will i lose a lot of muscles from doing absolutly no workouts. I'm planing a trip for 2 weeks when i probably won't have time to workout. What is the best way to preserve the muscles. Thank you

Will i lose a lot of muscles from doing absolutly no workouts. I'm planing a trip for 2 weeks when i probably won't have time to workout. What is the best way to preserve the muscles. Thank you

I compensate with excess cals, normally in carbs

Might lose some... but i bet you get it back in the first couple workouts. I look forward to a reason that i can't be in the gym... the week I come back... its like im on steroids or something

Don't go over board with your eating. You can do wonders with body core movements while in your motel. Posing is wonderful for stimulating the muscle. You can even get a good workout with posing alone. Try it. Don't have to be a BB to pose behind close doors. You might loose a little muscle pump while not training but as long as you keep your protein moderate you will be fine. As soon as you hit the gym, you will blow back up. Its hard to loose what took years to put on in two weeks. Its more of a mental issue.......

I mean, whenever I go on vacay, I get lazy, straight up.

But you always have time for push ups of sorts, crunches, body squats and modified dips. <-- this is what Ill be doing if we dont have weights in the beach house were renting this summer..

I find a gym on vacation. Even if it's a crappy hotel one. 2 weeks without a lift? Not even once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a gym on vacation. I would lose my mind 2-3 weeks without gym.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Could actually be good for you to keep your body guessing. Just get back in there after a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Call it strategic deconditioning and you'll feel better about yourself. Lol. Some people train really hard for a set amount of time or to the point of over training and then do this. Couple weeks of light work or total time off. Like DJ said when you get back in the gym its like your on gear or something. Kick starts some new gains.

2-3 weeks no lift. I couldn't do it feel like it will break my habit of having that drive to get up and go. There has to be a gym somewhere near where you are, I would look for it

You won't lose anything. This kind of extended recovery is actually good for you, you might find it easier to break plateaus 2-3 weeks after coming back.

You might seem smaller and lose 1-2lbs of water being held in your muscles, but after a week of training when you get back, everything should be the same.

Don't sweat it.

It's also a good time to work on pushups, etc.

Like Rain said, take your time, enjoy mate :) Take a rest, focus on positive things. We live only once, heh. But you can also track cal intake, and some bodyweight exercises if you want to get that productive feeling. Cheers

A couple weeks off is a good thing. Time to fully rest. Stretch really well during that time. Keep the food intake up and you should be fine. Simple body weight workouts, flexing or perhaps one of those rubber band things can help you.

If you eat correctly you won't lose much muscle just some fullness but you will lose some strength . No biggie it all comes back very fast . I just had a 2 -3 week vac from the gym from a medical issue . This past week I have put on over 12 lbs ! No shit , I can't even believe it . Most is water in the muscle as Ranier stated but I feel refreshed and with new drive to get after it !

Bro, unless you are a paid bodybuilder/power lifter which I am very highly doubting then fuck it! Live life! If you can get into a gym then do so and if you can't enjoy your vaca bro.

Back