• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Need diet help with gaining weight

B1zZ

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey im 5'7 165 im eating between 3500-4500 calories a day. Around 400g carbs a day, 200g of protien, and 150g of fat.. I literally eat so much I can't eat anymore for this past year of lifting and eating seriously I've put on 23lbs and im around 12-13% bf. I really need some opinions on what I should do to gain weight. I dont really watch what I eat but I kindve do, I dont eat chips and heavely processed food, I dont drink soda but I do eat ice cream and brownies and shit like that. Basically im eating almost anything and everything just to gain weight. I'm extremely happy with the size I've put on and its really noticeable I ain't a skinnyfat frail little man now, still im not close to where I want my weight at, I wanna be around 180-190. Ive just been stuck around this weight for a month or 2 ive definetley made gains though so im not really conplaining. Do you guys have any tips for me, foods I should eat to help I dont think I can fit any more calories into me in a day so adding more I dont think is possible. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks bros.

Like I said, those macros are horrible for being on gear. Double your protein. your fat intake is fine but I would also up carbs to at least 500 if you really wanna see a weight change. If your stomach is full just man up and keep eating it will eventually stretch and you'll be able to hold more comfortably.

Brownies and shit aren't helping you. If you have room in your stomach fill it up with sweet potatoes and steak or something. Those empty cals are not really good for anything. Get your macros up to where you're seeing steady gains, then if you can meet all those in a day and still want ice cream or whatever then go for it. If you're seriously trying to bulk, stuff like that shouldn't even count towards total macros imo. It's just not helpful.

Last edited:
Ok bro, I've literally just been trying to eat everything in aight and not even worry about macros but you kno what I'll check out the iifym calc again and try to outline sonm kindve diet

when you have a day off of work or something just go through a normal day of eating except look at all the labels and write down everything you eat. At the end of the day add it all up so you can see where you're really at. keep track of cals carbs protein and fat. Anything you cant figure out from the labels just google.

Yea I did that for a week and what I put up is the average of what im taking in, I used that myfitnesspal app it made it alot easier, I didnt follow the bullshit guidelines that it gives you, I just used it to track my stuff so I could see if I was eating enough or not because I was stalling in weight, my bf was changing and I was making gains but I wasn't changing in weight

This is going to sound pretty basic but if you can't gain weight EAT MORE!!!! I have a personal buddy who is a natty bodybuilder (a legit natty and looks awesome) he had troubles gaining weight. Dude would literally wake up in the middle of the night and drink a mass gainer shake he had blended before bed and put in the fridge and then wake up at like 6 am and drink another then back to bed to wake up and kill a massive breakfast. It took an extra 1600 calories a day to get this dude to break 180. I don't remember exactly what I had him eating but it was well over 3000 cals a day. I think he eventually hit 4000+ (he was 170) and over the course of a year broke 190. He got a little fluffy but grew a good amount. More calories bro, it sound repetitive but some people really have to get more food down to gain. I'm the opposite, I grow easily but I dnt lose that well.

I'm 245 lbs on 1g of test and I am eating 5300 and almost 600g of protein. Gains are coming but super slow.

This is going to sound pretty basic but if you can't gain weight EAT MORE!!!! I have a personal buddy who is a natty bodybuilder (a legit natty and looks awesome) he had troubles gaining weight. Dude would literally wake up in the middle of the night and drink a mass gainer shake he had blended before bed and put in the fridge and then wake up at like 6 am and drink another then back to bed to wake up and kill a massive breakfast. It took an extra 1600 calories a day to get this dude to break 180. I don't remember exactly what I had him eating but it was well over 3000 cals a day. I think he eventually hit 4000+ (he was 170) and over the course of a year broke 190. He got a little fluffy but grew a good amount. More calories bro, it sound repetitive but some people really have to get more food down to gain. I'm the opposite, I grow easily but I dnt lose that well.

thats the thing i cant really fit any more than 4500 cal in me a day im just going to start to try to eat nutrient dense foods. im going to up my protien intake like nutz is sayin and up my carbs. over the course of this year ive gained 20 something pounds and im 12-13% bf i gained enough size for people to notice with a sweatshirt on. ive just havent been able to break 165lbs and im juicin. im literally always eating i guess im just not eating the right things. im runnin 750mg test and 400mg deca im about 3 weeks in on the deca right now so ill definetley start gaining weight again when the deca kicks in. my goal is to be 170-175 in the next 3 months. i get compliments all the time its just hard for me to see it, i know that im not absoloutley tiny anymore but still. like when i started lifting again after being strung out for a while i could only bench 65 lbs on the smith, well now i can bench 2 plates 5 times, and i can preacher curl 110 10 reps, can leg press 6-7 plates on each side i work my fucking ass off in the gym, and i eat like a fuckin animal. i hate being a hardgainer but i wont give up and i will hit my goal weight of 195.

Last edited:
Back