• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What drives you to be committed to a way of life most people could never imagine?

LifeIsHeavyLIFT

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Greeting my fellow iron bro,

I have been posting a lot and getting to know this site and itts members and the one word that comes to mind is "Impressed." allow me a second word and I'd throw "Extremely" right in front of it. You guys got something, and I am feeling like I found a home.

So I figured I'd ask a question I love to hear bc it tells me a lot about the individual answering and the thread as a whole gives a good idea of the forum demographics. Remember, tons of people here for a ton of different reasons...

So I guess my question is, what do you do as an athlete, ie BB, MMA, life or appearance, football etc. And even more important, what drives you? What makes you say know to the hot double date bc you are mid-cut, what makes you get up 4 hours before work to lift, what makes you eat like its a job?

Ill go first, but I am going to give a quickie answer. You guys can drag it all outta me with time, I always slip. Lol

But I found lifting when I was 15. Parents got me a set in the basement. Wasn't love at first site though, I messed around til about 17. Still, never having lifted much or even smelled a supplement, I was 6'1 240lbs of pure muscle by my sophomore year of high school. That summer and my junior/senior seasons I had every big school looking at me. Played safety/LB and already ran a 4.5 at 16. No BS. That summer I found gear through an agents "helper" and ended my high school career at 6'2 260 and faster if anything.

Signed with a major SEC school full ride. Played in every one of our games as a freshman and started 9-10. Had 12 sacks that year. Still I lifted cuz I loved it, not for football. The smell of a gym in the morning, a fellow lifter noticing how big or strong you'd gotten. I loved it all. I actually completed 2 years of SEC ball and was a sure fire 1st round.

But my brother was killed in action in some shitbird valley in Afganistan and I joined the Marines. I had unique attributes, besides my physical ones. Ihad qualified for med school while playing sec football, I spoke Arabic and some Afgahni. I knew Arab culture. And I was raised by my dad and his 4 brothers, all special forces. Spent nearly 5 year on one assignment of another, only stopped when they made me, I was born for it. And I love my country.

Coming from an sec looker room I brought PEDs with me to my specific unit. Not commenting on any others. But our enhancements saved our lives on many occasional, that and a lifetime of lifting. Now I get back home and the wheels just come off. I had acquired an exotic disease of one of my adventures and it looked like it was def gonna kill me. In 8 months on intense medical care, I dropped from 6'2.5 255 lbs down to 140lbs. ( it was like the holocaust pics). They finally figured out my illness and saved me by probably 2-3 weeks.

At what should have been a good time, I found out I had brain cancer. 6mm pituitary adenoma. The whole thing broke me for the past two years. Broke me.

But to answer my original question... In college I did it for the love of not the game, but myself. I loved to play dominant football. In the military, I did it bc it helped me and my mates survive. Now I am doing it to forget what dying is like. To reclaim this thing that's been my life for so many versions of my life. The one constant. Fortunately, now I have all the money I need and can lift and work and juice as I please. I am currently lifting for love of the sport and love of myself.

God I missed the smell of iron and sweat in the morning. Look forward to any replies. No need to write a book as I tend to, but feel free to. I just love this bord and want to learn more about the guys I am gonna be dealing with. Hope this is okay for steroids forum. These are the guys I want to see it, and it is about why you juice, is it a sport, a goal, just too long doing it to change...

Hope this gets some replies, I know the can go bad for news but I hope guys have seen I care and have something to add to this board and will therefore humor me.

Thx
hk

Nice post, I do feel the whole community feeling in this board as well. Here's a quick version of my story.

For the first 16 years of my life I was a fat piece of shit. I was obese. I am talking 260 lbs of fat at 5 foot 9. My brother came back from leave from the Army and he blew up. He was the one that inspired me to work out and get healthy. I started lifting, not really knowing what I was doing, and running. I was never the fastest runner but I've done my good share of 5ks and would average 10-15 miles a week. Not a lot by any means. But from two years prior being 260 lbs it's alot. About three years ago, I got into strength training and less running. Over time, I got over my fear of eating and becoming fat. I NEVER want to be what I was before. After about a good solid year of getting weird looks deadlifting in 24 fitness and being one of the eight people who squat. I said, fuck this shit. I bought my own equipment a bench, barbell, bumper plates, adjustable dumbbells, boxes, 8x8 lifting platform, and a power rack. I never looked back. Two years later, I decided to start my first cycle. That brings me to now.

I honestly enjoy this lifestyle. May be I am a bit OCD, but I go crazy if I can't track my macros and calories. I also have about 6 composition pads filled from my workout logs.
What drives me the most, is every time I look in the mirror or look at a picture of me when I was younger. I went from a obese 16 year old, where I am now. And I am proud of that.

That was a quicky? Haha, I loved it man. First of all thank you for your service. You were a beast of a high schooler! Sorry to hear about your tumor. Hope all is well now.
Me, I started training in middle school. I was different so I had a lot of racism issues and was always fighting. I eventually got a reputation as someone not to mess with and the racist shit stopped. In my mid 20's had a bad back injury while lifting which led to a pain pill addiction. When I got clean I got a little fat and decided it was time to get back in shape and here I am.

Greeting my fellow iron bro,

I have been posting a lot and getting to know this site and itts members and the one word that comes to mind is "Impressed." allow me a second word and I'd throw "Extremely" right in front of it. You guys got something, and I am feeling like I found a home.

So I figured I'd ask a question I love to hear bc it tells me a lot about the individual answering and the thread as a whole gives a good idea of the forum demographics. Remember, tons of people here for a ton of different reasons...

So I guess my question is, what do you do as an athlete, ie BB, MMA, life or appearance, football etc. And even more important, what drives you? What makes you say know to the hot double date bc you are mid-cut, what makes you get up 4 hours before work to lift, what makes you eat like its a job?

Ill go first, but I am going to give a quickie answer. You guys can drag it all outta me with time, I always slip. Lol

But I found lifting when I was 15. Parents got me a set in the basement. Wasn't love at first site though, I messed around til about 17. Still, never having lifted much or even smelled a supplement, I was 6'1 240lbs of pure muscle by my sophomore year of high school. That summer and my junior/senior seasons I had every big school looking at me. Played safety/LB and already ran a 4.5 at 16. No BS. That summer I found gear through an agents "helper" and ended my high school career at 6'2 260 and faster if anything.

Signed with a major SEC school full ride. Played in every one of our games as a freshman and started 9-10. Had 12 sacks that year. Still I lifted cuz I loved it, not for football. The smell of a gym in the morning, a fellow lifter noticing how big or strong you'd gotten. I loved it all. I actually completed 2 years of SEC ball and was a sure fire 1st round.

But my brother was killed in action in some shitbird valley in Afganistan and I joined the Marines. I had unique attributes, besides my physical ones. Ihad qualified for med school while playing sec football, I spoke Arabic and some Afgahni. I knew Arab culture. And I was raised by my dad and his 4 brothers, all special forces. Spent nearly 5 year on one assignment of another, only stopped when they made me, I was born for it. And I love my country.

Coming from an sec looker room I brought PEDs with me to my specific unit. Not commenting on any others. But our enhancements saved our lives on many occasional, that and a lifetime of lifting. Now I get back home and the wheels just come off. I had acquired an exotic disease of one of my adventures and it looked like it was def gonna kill me. In 8 months on intense medical care, I dropped from 6'2.5 255 lbs down to 140lbs. ( it was like the holocaust pics). They finally figured out my illness and saved me by probably 2-3 weeks.

At what should have been a good time, I found out I had brain cancer. 6mm pituitary adenoma. The whole thing broke me for the past two years. Broke me.

But to answer my original question... In college I did it for the love of not the game, but myself. I loved to play dominant football. In the military, I did it bc it helped me and my mates survive. Now I am doing it to forget what dying is like. To reclaim this thing that's been my life for so many versions of my life. The one constant. Fortunately, now I have all the money I need and can lift and work and juice as I please. I am currently lifting for love of the sport and love of myself.

God I missed the smell of iron and sweat in the morning. Look forward to any replies. No need to write a book as I tend to, but feel free to. I just love this bord and want to learn more about the guys I am gonna be dealing with. Hope this is okay for steroids forum. These are the guys I want to see it, and it is about why you juice, is it a sport, a goal, just too long doing it to change...

Hope this gets some replies, I know the can go bad for news but I hope guys have seen I care and have something to add to this board and will therefore humor me.

Thx
hk

This is an excellent story. Thanks for telling it.

I had marriage problems partly cause I'm 5'9 and was 300lbs. My wife of coarse was 125-130 and attractive. Got depressed lost 80 lbs way too quick. Hated food didn't wanna eat. Blamed food for my looks. At 220 my friends stared saying I didn't look good I lost weight too fast. They were right just not a healthy look. My pastor who was a friend talked to me. Said I was going about thing all wrong. He said didn't u workout when u were younger? I said yes. He told me forget the wife go join a gym make it your hobbie. Do for you, get yourself back and everything will fall in place one way or the other but no matter what time to focus on you. So I did. 5 years later I walk around at 235-240. I'm naturally a big guy so don't look bad but wanna lose some fat without losing too much muscle.been cycling for 3 years now. Love the gym and will never leave. Oh wife and I had our 20 year anniversary today.

im starting my first cycle here soon. i currently dont have all of my gear yet. so as soon as i have my hands on it then ill start. im 5'10 175lbs and 17% bf. i have no idea what im doing as ive never done this before. ive done alot of research on how i should do my first cycle and maybe i should do more but this is what i got from all that research.

my ideal cycle
dbol 20mg ed weeks 1-4
test e 500mg ew weeks 1-10

pct
clomid 50mg
tamoxifen 20mg

i do have one problem. ive read so much about how and when to take the clomid and tamoxifen for pct and also during cycle. i need some clearing up on this subject as im confused more than ever. please help. any and all advise would great!!!

I had marriage problems partly cause I'm 5'9 and was 300lbs. My wife of coarse was 125-130 and attractive. Got depressed lost 80 lbs way too quick. Hated food didn't wanna eat. Blamed food for my looks. At 220 my friends stared saying I didn't look good I lost weight too fast. They were right just not a healthy look. My pastor who was a friend talked to me. Said I was going about thing all wrong. He said didn't u workout when u were younger? I said yes. He told me forget the wife go join a gym make it your hobbie. Do for you, get yourself back and everything will fall in place one way or the other but no matter what time to focus on you. So I did. 5 years later I walk around at 235-240. I'm naturally a big guy so don't look bad but wanna lose some fat without losing too much muscle.been cycling for 3 years now. Love the gym and will never leave. Oh wife and I had our 20 year anniversary today.

Congrats on the anniversary bro!

Wow great story all I can say is, inspiring. Growing up I started doing drugs real early, I started smoking weed and sniffing adderall in the bathrooms in middle school, as I got older it progressed, at 15 I had a extremely bad xanax addiction I was taking 10-30mg a day, my family thought I went schizophrenic. Multiple times trying to jump out a moving car on the highway because of withdrawals, I thought I was insane I had no clue about withdrawals. Well a few months later I had a seizure while roofing from trying to quit cold turkey. After that I was ok only smoking weed. My step father is a big ass dude and always worked out so I decided I wanted to go. I fell in love with lifting, the gains, the feeling when u break a pr I just fuckin loved it. So after about a year n a half of consistent lifting I caught a oxy habbit lifted for another few months and shit spiraled outve control. During that time I always missed the gym I always wanted to go back I hated it. Everytime I'd get some time together I'd start lifting again. Well eventually I caught a heroin habbit ended up homeless and didnt go to the gym for about 2 years. Soon as I got clean I started back in the gym and I have my life under control, finally. Im coming up on 16 months sober and im in it for the long haul, I have everything back and a wonderful understanding supportive girlfriend that I met at 2 months clean. The gym has always been there, I've been looking for a place to belong and its been right in front of me this whole time. Been lifting seriously since the second week of being sober, when I walk through those gym doors im pushing my self to the limit. Since I've started going 15 months ago I've missed 8 days. This is my way of life I just know it.

What drives you to be committed to a way of life most people could never imag...

I was always a fat kid growing up, wrestling thinned me out in highschool and my confidence increased. Got a girlfriend and got married young..... I got a job in a remote oilfield which serves buffet style food and lots if deep fried junk. I blew up to 270 at 6'2" with little muscle. I started lifting to get myself back in shape for me not anyone else. I did ok and got down to 230 with about 15-17 bf. Then my marriage broke down last November and I decided that I'm going all out and gonna be a life long gym rat and avid healthy person. I dropped down to 200 lbs by the new year and lost a lot of my muscle from a crash diet. All I wanted was to have a cut body. Well I was flat and skinny, I was down to %7 bf. Then I got turned on to AAS to bulk back up. Now I'm 230 and %11 just starting to cut down to a full muscles body! I guess when it comes down to it I love moving iron and the attention I started getting from girls now is a huge added bonus. I'm definitely a lifer and don't ever want to not be in the gym. It's all I think about all day! Thanks for the thread, this is a great group of ppl! U will be happy here

Eat. Sleep. Lift. Repeat

Wow great story all I can say is, inspiring. Growing up I started doing drugs real early, I started smoking weed and sniffing adderall in the bathrooms in middle school, as I got older it progressed, at 15 I had a extremely bad xanax addiction I was taking 10-30mg a day, my family thought I went schizophrenic. Multiple times trying to jump out a moving car on the highway because of withdrawals, I thought I was insane I had no clue about withdrawals. Well a few months later I had a seizure while roofing from trying to quit cold turkey. After that I was ok only smoking weed. My step father is a big ass dude and always worked out so I decided I wanted to go. I fell in love with lifting, the gains, the feeling when u break a pr I just fuckin loved it. So after about a year n a half of consistent lifting I caught a oxy habbit lifted for another few months and shit spiraled outve control. During that time I always missed the gym I always wanted to go back I hated it. Everytime I'd get some time together I'd start lifting again. Well eventually I caught a heroin habbit ended up homeless and didnt go to the gym for about 2 years. Soon as I got clean I started back in the gym and I have my life under control, finally. Im coming up on 16 months sober and im in it for the long haul, I have everything back and a wonderful understanding supportive girlfriend that I met at 2 months clean. The gym has always been there, I've been looking for a place to belong and its been right in front of me this whole time. Been lifting seriously since the second week of being sober, when I walk through those gym doors im pushing my self to the limit. Since I've started going 15 months ago I've missed 8 days. This is my way of life I just know it.

Good for you for being clean my friend.

I don't have a very good story like some of you. I basically grew up lifting, playing football and running track. I joined the marines and had tons of buddies who juiced and never did myself. I got out and went college.. one of my roommates used to eat epistane and phera like it was candy. I came home from school one day and he's like hey man, I bought you a supplement. Go eat some and let's lift. Became hooked. Did not cycle properly, didn't know what the fuck I was doing. Got strong as an OX though so of course I was happy.

Said buddy started home-brewing and I began using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Here's the long version of my story.

I lift weights so my body looks good when i'm naked and chicks want my cock.
thats it....

thanks for letting me share .

thats it....

ejy5u8ur.jpg

Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too drunk right now to post anything relevant that makes sense .... so I'll just say this brotha ... I was an 0311 with C/1/1 and an 0321 with 1st Recon Batt: SEMPER FI BRO

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

my short story I grew with a handicap sibling. Bed ridin. Feeding tube. couldn't talk. def a diff childhood than most. it made me want to be active. got into sports in school. progressed into lifting. now I strive to be freaky huge and make my way into the competition scene.

Great post!
Not jumping in to things that might give this post 5 A4's about my kitty cat die i'll give the fast answer in correct order.
1. Lifting for babes. Was a shy bastard and hated my social skills so the gym gave me some courage and self-esteem.
2. ANGER! Changed one problem to the other and started building up too much hate, but instead of punching ppl that havn't done anything like a looser i went to the gym
and it became my rehab. Literally saved my life.
3. Still rehab, will always be. But now i want to build up a physique and knowledge so i can teach others in a country i want to live in and fighting to do so.

im insecure, and lack confidence and use being big and in shape as a crutch.

hope this helps

thats it....

I shoulda just said this

Eat. Sleep. Lift. Repeat

Thanks get2. B1 I have a friend with a addictive personality be careful bro, know your limitations. Focus on your girl and the gym and you'll be great. Props for the story.

If I were to be honest it would be because of boredom, and the fact that if I didn't I would have OD'd from opiates a long time ago. Guys that lift weights for the mere point to look good for girls and flashy clubs on the weekends are pussies. The true iron warriors are those guys 10 pm friday night, sweatshirt, in the power rack corner by themselves, cranking out squats till they fall over. The difference between the men and the boys is one lifts FOR the weekend and the other lifts instead of a weekend. Then spending the rest of the night eating till they wanna puke because that IS what it takes to get past a certain point of strength and physique.

^^^I have a home gym. So I do the majority of my movements in the squat/power rack.

including curls....dumbbell curls lol!!!

Get Shredded!
Man, this is a great board. Loved reading these stories. It is amazing the diversity and backgrounds we have.

thats it....

Ha ha, hell ya bro. I never believe guys totally on this one, I have no doubt that perk is a huge factor... But I think you love the iron, the comradary, unleashing the beast. Men don't get to be men in most runs of life today? I think that's part of it too.

But enjoy the trim partna'

Last edited:
I'm too drunk right now to post anything relevant that makes sense .... so I'll just say this brotha ... I was an 0311 with C/1/1 and an 0321 with 1st Recon Batt: SEMPER FI BRO

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

SEMPER FI. This post made my night. Too drunk to post ( get some bro!) but determined to throw a fellow soldier some love. What you posted is more then relevant... It's all I need to hear. Got your back for life brotha. Same blood same mud.

Nice post, I do feel the whole community feeling in this board as well. Here's a quick version of my story.

For the first 16 years of my life I was a fat piece of shit. I was obese. I am talking 260 lbs of fat at 5 foot 9. My brother came back from leave from the Army and he blew up. He was the one that inspired me to work out and get healthy. I started lifting, not really knowing what I was doing, and running. I was never the fastest runner but I've done my good share of 5ks and would average 10-15 miles a week. Not a lot by any means. But from two years prior being 260 lbs it's alot. About three years ago, I got into strength training and less running. Over time, I got over my fear of eating and becoming fat. I NEVER want to be what I was before. After about a good solid year of getting weird looks deadlifting in 24 fitness and being one of the eight people who squat. I said, fuck this shit. I bought my own equipment a bench, barbell, bumper plates, adjustable dumbbells, boxes, 8x8 lifting platform, and a power rack. I never looked back. Two years later, I decided to start my first cycle. That brings me to now.

I honestly enjoy this lifestyle. May be I am a bit OCD, but I go crazy if I can't track my macros and calories. I also have about 6 composition pads filled from my workout logs.
What drives me the most, is every time I look in the mirror or look at a picture of me when I was younger. I went from a obese 16 year old, where I am now. And I am proud of that.

You should be totally proud my friend. You decided you wanted something different from life and you went a got it. From your pic you have come a long way and I am glad you are enjoying the ride too. I keep getting back to it... Very few ways for men to really be men in life today. I think that's why once bit, guys love the iron

That was a quicky? Haha, I loved it man. First of all thank you for your service. You were a beast of a high schooler! Sorry to hear about your tumor. Hope all is well now.
Me, I started training in middle school. I was different so I had a lot of racism issues and was always fighting. I eventually got a reputation as someone not to mess with and the racist shit stopped. In my mid 20's had a bad back injury while lifting which led to a pain pill addiction. When I got clean I got a little fat and decided it was time to get back in shape and here I am.

Fuck racism. I am from multiethnic background so I've heard it in many ways. I was a beast even in high school lol so I rarely heard it to my face, but my siblings did. My dad and mom did. It's such a low thing.

So glad you dodged the pain pill epidemic. I've seen it destroy so many.

Stay sober and stay lifting... If you ever need to chat or feel like the pills are calling, I am here. Life is so much better without that stuff. Great job bro

This is an excellent story. Thanks for telling it.

Thanks my friend. It's really only the half of it lol... One thing I can say is I have lived, if I die tomorrow, I have lived. Love, hate, killing, losing brothers, losing dreams, hell, heaven... It's all life. It's a scary, terrible, wonderful, painful ride.

Man, twenty years. That's a beautiful thing. Never think I will do it, but I respect/envy the hell out of it. Way to take life by the nut sac and make it do what you want.

Fuck racism. I am from multiethnic background so I've heard it in many ways. I was a beast even in high school lol so I rarely heard it to my face, but my siblings did. My dad and mom did. It's such a low thing.

So glad you dodged the pain pill epidemic. I've seen it destroy so many.

Stay sober and stay lifting... If you ever need to chat or feel like the pills are calling, I am here. Life is so much better without that stuff. Great job bro

Been clean since 2005. Don't even think about it anymore. I just know that I can never take them again. Even if I have a legitimate need.

God bless it I am pulling for you with every fiber of my being. My brother is an oxy addict. Been one my whole life. If people tell you you are focusing too much on lifting, or giving you that "substituting one addiction for another" bullshit, you tell them to go fuck off. Use lifting, or whatever keeps you sober. You will be amazed what a good lifting addiction can do for you. Later on, you can expand other parts of your life but right now. Lift and stay clean. You are doing it bro!

Back