• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Big guys, critique this clean bulk formula plz.

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I've been training for 8 or 9 years now but never really felt like my diet was spot on. Always felt like something was missing or I was getting too much of something.

Anyways this is what I've come up with in the past 8 weeks of switching things around and I'm feeling like I might be hitting my sweet spot.

Currently waking up at 245 lbs,

When I started this my BF% was 14 or 15% don't remember, but I was also about 10 lbs lighter.

Now I'm up 10 lbs and my bf is consistently reading 12-13%

Running 1g of Test per week, 20mgs aromasin. Just doing enough cardio to keep in shape, other than that my lifting sessions are an intense 2-3 hrs 6 days per week. cardio has felt like it's improved though. Not to mention strength also feels incredible, even though workouts are always geared more towards intensity than volume.
Diet:
5,370 cals total per day
587g protein (44%)
382g carbs (29%)
166g fat (27%)

split into 8 meals per day.

Carb sources are strictly high complex, mostly coming from oatmeal and brown rice, with the exception of bananas (morning and post workout) Primary vegetables are broccoli and asparagus.
Protein is primarily chicken breast, sirloin steak, tilapia, flounder and whey powder of course.
Only really fat dense food I'm using is natural peanut butter, rest of the fat is just coming from random whatever else I'm eating.

If you took the time read all this, thank you. And would greatly appreciate any input, advice or critiquing.

Really feel like I'm nailing it on the head personally, but always good to hear opinions from knowledgeable people.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the threads with people asking "do I need carbs post workout?" are blowing up with answers.

1: 1 cup (uncooked) oatmeal
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop whey
1 banana
1 cup low sodium V8 vegetable juice

2: 4 whole eggs
1 1/2 Chicken sausage link
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
(This is an omelet)

3: 2 scoops whey protein

4: 1 cup (cooked) brown rice
1 cup broccoli
12-15oz lean meat (chicken breast, steak or fish)
(These meals (#4, 6, 8) are my pre-prepped meals that I take to work with me, so the time that I eat these can vary depending on schedule)

5: 1 banana
2 scoops whey
(This is usually my immediate post workout)

6: 1 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli (or asparagus)
12-15oz lean meat

7: 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
2 scoops whey
(Kinda like eating pudding, vanilla ice cream flavor whey is bomb like this)

8: 1 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli
12-15oz lean meat

Right before bed:
1 1/2 cup skim milk
3 egg whites
3 scoops whey
2 tbsp peanut butter
(blended)

I have all the macros for each individual meal written down somewhere, I guess I can add those in later, it's almost bed time/growing time.

Last edited:
This^... Also, 2-3hrs a session?? Unless this includes cardio, I think your going a little overboard..

Yeah I may be going overboard but I'm not over training. Been to that point before and I know how it feels. I do my cardio with my lifting sessions just because I don't have time to go to the gym twice a day. 10-15 mins of very low intensity cardio before lifting, 15 mins moderate after. Obviously if this was supposed to be a cutting cycle I would be putting a little more emphasis on that.

Back