PDA

View Full Version : un monitored trt

Unlisted
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Well i started trt roughly 2 months ago and started at 200mg eow and tested at 5th wk and test went ffom 213 to 500 which i felt fine but was on a roller coaster it seemed with eow doses...So i asked for weekly shots and he said not a problem we will split the dose and do 100mg ew ...So the last 3 wks ive went in the nurses havnt realized the dosage drop and have been giving me 200mg ew which is what i wanted in the first place....
Ok now the questions begin ...I feel great now ...Better than i have in 20yrs...But they dont monitor estrogen at all or anything for that matter and im getting bloated and my right nipple is very sensitive to touch and seems like its firm underneath unlike the left....Could this be gyno? I asked and was told from dr its normal till my hormones level out and not to worry....Is this common? If i get lqbs done ill probly do them on my own cause id hate to bring attention to there 200mg ew screw ups that my insur is covering since im probly on this for life...Just looking for some solid advice cuz seems like they dont monitor the trt patience at all once the test level is established...

drisin80
04-11-2014, 07:58 AM
gyno a possibility.... but that is pretty quick. I would have to question the quality of treatment where no E levels were being tested. Personally I aromatize test a LOT, and from early on was taking arimidex 1mg/wk in divided doses. At 200mg/wk your test levels will probably be higher than your doctor wants. I have been doing this for about 4 years, and still do bloods, but can pretty much tell where I am at by how I feel----I feel best when cruising around 1400. If you have your own labs done, and your E2 is elevated, you will have a dilemma on how to bring this up with your doc. I can't stress enough how important it is to find someone that communicates with you and is a little flexible with the numbers......but this can be difficult to impossible. I still see my doc occasionally, but pretty much I have taken over my own treatment. As long as you are having bloods done, it is at least as safe (probably more), than having a doc who doesn't really care. It's cheap, effective, and more important you gain knowledge about yourself as time goes by.

oufinny
04-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Speak with your doctor and in no uncertain terms firmly request a full panel with E2, LH, FSH, TSH, all the important stuff. Also, I would inform your doctor of the dose issue with the nurses and also tell him/her that 100mg a week was not getting you to a sufficient level so let's try 150 and retest in 4 weeks. If your doctor won't A) at least consider this B) start letting you do home injections and C) check your E2 at least once quarterly start finding a new one. That is just terrible treatment you are getting...

deltr
04-11-2014, 03:54 PM
It's 100% gyno. Just tell your PCP and he should be able to sort you out. Good luck!

Unlisted
04-11-2014, 05:25 PM
i called dr today and told them my situation and they scheduled me for monday and wasnt to worried so will see what happens then...

- - - Updated - - -

just want to get a handel on it cuz i plan on blasting first of the month

Unlisted
04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
and i totally agree the lack of knowledge thats involved with these trt scripts...however im getting 200mg ew paid by insur and plan on being on it the rest of my life so im not bitchin....ill figure out the sides on my own....plus im loadin up on aromasin, adex ,nolva and letro just to have on hand for my cycle....just plan on runnin aromasin unless others needed though and just cruisin at my trt dose which i suspect has me at 700-800 ....will know in a few more weeks when i run bloods at this new dose....

if none of this sounds right please chime in....im a newbie with injections