• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lifting straps

TBJ

:winkfinger:
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Need a good recommendation on a pair of good lifting straps. Looking on amazon now. Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called chalk. It's this thing men use. lol jk, the best straps are the ones with a very long wrap portion. I hate the classic harbingers because they're so short you can't get a lot of torque on those things.

I got a pair of Shiek, the ones with a padded wrist and Velcro closure, cheap, easy, and I've been using them for a year w no wear

+1 on chalk

Unless you go to one of the new age gyms that don't have any chalk because it makes the place look 'unclean'

I go to a lifetime now, biggest gym I've ever been too, tons of platforms and racks, but no chalk allowed lol

Thanks dude, I'll look soon. If amazon has them it's free for me :winkfinger:

I don't have chalk at my totally super cool la fitness

My pussy gym doesn't allow chalk either. Even screaming during massive dead days I get to constantly hear behind my back "how bad of an exercise heavy deadlifts are, and how much they look like they strain and hurt their weak, puny lower backs + spines". fml

Inb4 someone says "work on your grip"

I really think straps are best utilized once you grip fails. Like lets say you're are doing 5x5. On the last 1 or 2 sets use the straps. It should be a tool and not a handicap, ya know?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input fellers. Trying to find a break in work to start shoppin... Tough life

i got some ugly orange straps off of lockout...they cost like $10 or something cheap...the straps are a foot and half long...had em 2 years and they have stayed in good shape....better then any other ones i have owned..

i got some ugly orange straps off of lockout...they cost like $10 or something cheap...the straps are a foot and half long...had em 2 years and they have stayed in good shape....better then any other ones i have owned..

Cool thanks man, I haven't shopped lockout since a certain fire sale awhile back... Muahahahha

Anyone here tried the versa grips?

problem with versa grips is everyone loses one of them..lol..there like camo on the gym floor.. i find one of those things about once a week laying around...

Get Shredded!
I always wanted one but didn't want to pay that much for it. My girl got mad when I bought fat grips lol, which are great btw.

Straps are over rated I feel they only serve a place at the end of your workout when your going hard otherwise ur missing out on forearm development and grip strength.

Straps are over rated I feel they only serve a place at the end of your workout when your going hard otherwise ur missing out on forearm development and grip strength.

I only use them when my grip starts slipping on high reps/sweat. Never used them before. Added 25 pounds to my DB rows, lulz

^ they definitely do make a huge difference. I still make an effort to use them as little as possible though. The heavy deadlifts when I get to about the 4th or 5th rep is really the only time I need them. I have little bitch hands even though I'm 6'1.

Anyone here tried the versa grips?

I got a pair of versa grips as a gift; I love them and use them all the time, but I wouldnt have paid 50+ for them myself. Would rather just use some $10 pair and spend the money elsewhere

True, but it's helpful if you have a job where you are using you're forearm a lot. (Like me, a massage therapist)

The only time I use my forearms is when I jerk
It which equates to be about two times a day

I have amazing forearms (compared to my other body parts) and I love straps. I think if you use them only when you need them, they are an awesome tool.

I never used them until recently, not until my tendonitis got bad, and wow what a difference they make.. i should have started using them before i got tendonitis. Cheap insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back