• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Fuck stretching... Tell me what ya do

FrankieTheWop

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm as limber as fuckin car battery... I hate stretching definitely turns me into a pussy.. But I consider it a necessary evil to prevent injury and elongate your muscles.... Gimme so off your stretching routines along with the frequency. I also wanna see how many people stretch cold VS after your workout..

I stretch (to the extent I actually do it) post workout. Always dynamic stretches, never static.

--Life is a box of chocolates. Lick all the nuts.

Maybe s little dynamic stretching pre, static and yoga post in heated steam room...
Some foam rolling between sets...
Im fairly flexible... i do overhead squats atg....

Stretching is a necessary to avoid injury, for me. No matter what I do, always 10 minutes incline at a vigorous pace on the treadmill to get the heart rate up, then stretching for ten minutes... Nothing special, just stretching for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least twice a day I hit the floor and stretch the lower back and hams. If I had done this years ago I wouldn't have gotten a back injury so do them now. Also started rotator "I Y and T" with "gate openers" for the shoulder.

I highly advise the shoulder stuff since if you train heavy years of repetitive motions will catch up and fuck up your shoulder and chest routine.

I caught this early. I had a small pinch in my left shoulder then it got worse. So many guys have shoulder issues and "push through" the pain....bad idea

Stretch now and you won't pay the price later.

Btw since I like to train hard at the gym I have small dumbbell sat home to stretch so I can knock that out at home and. It waste precious gym time

One of those things that has bitten me in the ass time and time again. I basically only started stretching as a result of injury and then as I proceeded to injure other areas I learned to stretch them as well but unfortunately I only learned all this the hard way. I do dynamic warmups before all training, pnf or static sessions 2-3 times a week, foam rolling 2-3 times a week, and usually one "marathon" stretching session on Sundays for an hour or more where I actually count sets and reps for stretching and treat the whole thing as I would a workout.

One of those things that has bitten me in the ass time and time again. I basically only started stretching as a result of injury and then as I proceeded to injure other areas I learned to stretch them as well but unfortunately I only learned all this the hard way. I do dynamic warmups before all training, pnf or static sessions 2-3 times a week, foam rolling 2-3 times a week, and usually one "marathon" stretching session on Sundays for an hour or more where I actually count sets and reps for stretching and treat the whole thing as I would a workout.

Same here I started stretching my lower back and then shoulder shit after I got hurt. Fortunately for me as soon as the shoulder hurt I went to PT and took care of it before it became a perm injury. Most people wait till it's too late.

I used to think stretching was gay. Now I don't unless I'm gay and I don't know it.. No homo

Stretch in the movement at first with light, light weight. Then after you are warm go through an intense stretching routine before, bursts of stretching during, and a solid one at the end. I have had so many umbilical hernia scares (got one today) from being in a rush or not caring and skip a good stretch session.

Stretch in the movement at first with light, light weight. Then after you are warm go through an intense stretching routine before, bursts of stretching during, and a solid one at the end. I have had so many umbilical hernia scares (got one today) from being in a rush or not caring and skip a good stretch session.

Umbilical hernia scare? I just had mine sewn up in November. Does yours protrude already or just feel like it may blow out?

It is the 4th time But always seems to heal up in less than week. Always comes from 1 of 2 movements: T bar rows with a slack stomach, or picking heavy DBs up from the bottom rack with a slack core. Gotta remember to activate the core from now on better :(

IML Gear Cream!
I finally had a doc look at my big ass belly button and asked, "should I do something about this?". He said you need to but can u stop lifting for 6 weeks?

Whaaaaaaaat??? Well I actually stopped for 2.5 weeks afterwards and found out how to make 10pound dbells work :)

One other thing ill throw in there... aside from some dynamic stretching/mobility prior to training, doing some activation work for whatever muscles I'm targeting that day has paid off big time. For example, before any pressing movements i do scarecrows, external rotations, Y's, and then shoulder dislocates with a wooden dow or band. Before deadlifts or squats, i do Cook hip lifts and banded clam shells for the glutes and gluteus medius. Really has helped my form with all movements.

I finally had a doc look at my big ass belly button and asked, "should I do something about this?". He said you need to but can u stop lifting for 6 weeks?

Whaaaaaaaat??? Well I actually stopped for 2.5 weeks afterwards and found out how to make 10pound dbells work :)

Lol the lifter I would most associate with is Pete Rubish and his style. Injuries are for pussies and if I hurt something I power through it and heal fast with the power of will xD . In all the years lifting like an animal I have never had a real injury. Couple hernia scares, and shoulder cartilage issues but nothing major because the body adapts quick to what the mind wants. Another good example is branch warren. That guy trains like a retard to most modern BBers. Huge, heavy weight, powering through pain and kinks and the mentality of I dont care whether I blow a fkn discus, shoot up my shoulders, or crack my back, ... this weight is coming up you.fucking.pussy. And he has barely had any major BB related injuries ever. Obviously the body adapts to these things, pushing past the pain and unless it is something super major, the body will adapt fasttt. Atleast it does for me..

As a ex pro athlete I know it is super bad to static stretch before a warm up. So I prefer calisthenics or moving stretches to warm up and what not. I do do a short static stretch at the end of a workout or run after the muscle is already warm. During static stretching the spindle fibers of the muscle can not protect it because they only work during quick movements and best when warm.

For me its a solid pre-workout/training warm up and post-workout stretch session.

Stretching is important but don't forget mobility work also. Helps prevent injuries but also to increase poundage via better technique because you can get into more efficient positions. It especially helped me to break through the 600 pound deadlift and squat barrier.

Back