• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Looking for a good pre workout meal!

Brich

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Im n the middle of a cutting cycle my only carbs come in my 24 grams of oatmeal n the morning, it was going pretty good for about a month but now im noticing im running out of gas n the middle of my workouts n end up stopping early can anyone tell me a good pre workout meal for ppl shredding thanx....

Ummm you definitely need more carbs than that.

A great pre workout meal for me is just 1 or 2 slices whole wheat bread (1 or 2 depending on how long I think my workout will be), a couple tbsp of natural peanut butter and a banana.

Remember you need carbs within 1 hour of finishing your workout as well. They will not get stored as fat unless you overdo it.

I have done a few very successful cuts and learned a lot through trial and error. The lowest I'll go on carbs per day is about 200 grams. Anything less than that and energy levels crash so hard it becomes counter productive. I'm also 245 lbs though so you can kind of adjust accordingly.

Yea only 24g of carbs all day and I'd be falling on the floor not to mention not being able to train with weights ! I like an easily digested protein like a white fish or chicken and about a cup of brown rice or maybe a sweet potato . If you are cutting I would steer clear of bread . You want to make sure you use complex carbs but you should be doing that anyway while cutting . You don't want to spike insulin pre wo with a fast carb and then crash halfway through .

The sweet potatoe or brown rice sounds good But whats time period should i eat that before working out a hr or 2?

^ I'd say 1 hour is perfect.

Sometimes I'll eat and then be lifting 20 mins later though.

quest bars!

I usually have a couple slices of bread, banana, and some dates. Maybe a piece of chicken or fish if I have time.

Back